PDA

View Full Version : My Letter To Party Poker...

xGoreDudex
10-09-2005, 11:23 AM
To Whom It May Concern;

I have been a player on the "Party Network" for sometime. Party Poker was "the place" to play as it boasted the biggest player base on the internet. Games of all different kinds were available at any hour.

As of yesterday, October 9th, 2005 Party gaming decided to disconnect it's affliates, (betNOW, Eurobet/Coral, Empire, Multi, Intertops) from the network. As a cause of this disconnection, Party's once solid userbase is staggeredly below 30,000 people.

Also, a new Party Platform was launched, however with this new platform came the loss of not only your clients, but your reputation as the world's largest and best.

You will not find my name on the Forbes top 400 richest men in America nor do I run a business. However, from a theorectical standpoint you over-estimated your position in the market-place. By taking and taking and not giving to the players over the last six months to be more specific, you feel that you own a monolopy, you do not. The raise of your rake is even more evidence of your greed.

Last night Party had 21,000 users while your rival PokerStars had 46,000, I don't think I need to compare software as we all know who's is more resource friendly and easier to navigate, and if you guess yours, that was incorrect.

Simply put, you have put your affliates in no man's land, they will have an extreamly difficult time surving without Party Gaming behind them. I am extreamly weary of your decision to cut them out, instead of buying them out.

The New Party Poker now boats the following...

1) Less Clients
2) Higher Rake
3) You can play Ten Tables (stars u can play 11)

I dont see how this benifits your clients. You have been very tight lipped as to the details of this new framework. I hope that you plan on allowing the Affliates to rejoin your network in the future as you will simply not be a major player without your client base.

I am rooting for Party Gaming to get its house in order and show clients why exactly we should bother playing with Party Poker, other than to get a generic phone call from Mike Sexton.

A disapointed Client.

Yours Truely,

<my real name>

keetz555
10-09-2005, 11:28 AM
Excellent letter! I look forward to seeing what they respond.

cardcounter0
10-09-2005, 11:31 AM
Hawhahahahahahahahaw!

IggyWH
10-09-2005, 11:31 AM
Through all of this, I read a post that I think summed it up completely yet now I can't find it.

Party reported that 10% of its income came from skins. It's not going to take too many people moving to Party now to not only make up that 10% lost, but to exceed it.

I know many of you don't like this move because it hurts your pockets, but I actually think Party was smart for once.

sfer
10-09-2005, 11:32 AM
I would proofread that before hitting Send.

otctrader
10-09-2005, 11:33 AM
Dear Disappointed Client,

Your concerns are very important to us, they will be forwarded to our management team for review.

Did you know there are now new and exiciting ways to make money on Partypoker! You can now play BLACKJACK, or make SIDE BETS on your favorite games!

Don't give your password to anyone.

Rajullah,
Party Customer Care

dtbog
10-09-2005, 11:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I dont see how this benifits your clients.

[/ QUOTE ]

The fact that movie theaters charge admission fees doesn't benifit [sic] their clients, but they do it anyway.

I don't think we can plead righteous indignation here. They changed their policies, for better or for worse. Maybe they made a bad business decision? That's their prerogative.

dtbog
10-09-2005, 11:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Dear Disappointed Client,

Your concerns are very important to us, they will be forwarded to our management team for review.

Did you know there are now new and exiciting ways to make money on Partypoker! You can now play BLACKJACK, or make SIDE BETS on your favorite games!

Don't give your password to anyone.

Rajullah,
Party Customer Care

[/ QUOTE ]

LOLOL

right on.

Paxosmotic
10-09-2005, 11:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hawhahahahahahahahaw!

[/ QUOTE ]
Sidebet on whether me or you has an aneurysm first. I've never seen so many people flip out over something so inconsequential in my life.

busguy
10-09-2005, 11:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
To Whom It May Concern;

I'm really mad.

I think you guys are really dumb.

I think this was a bad business move, but then again I don't have a clue as to how an online poker site works from a business point of view so I guess I'll have to trust that you folks, the one's who have been running this site for 3-4 years now, and have built it into such a dominant player, may actually know what is best for the company.

I was going to throw out a bunch of personal opinions but because I don't really have a clue about how this will end up affecting your business. I'll just keep my opinions to myself.

A disapointed Client.

Yours Truely,

<my real name>

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

cardcounter0
10-09-2005, 11:44 AM
I'm just amazed that people think Party gives two shakes about their customers.

Their customer service is a running joke.

Their software has numerous bugs that have been present since day one, but instead of fixing them, they add more 'features'.

Every move they make is focused on short term revenue, impact on customers is not even a consideration.

Write RamaLama Rhajballah all the letters you want.
/images/graemlins/grin.gif

William
10-09-2005, 11:44 AM
You should have added: " Get also rid of all the untalented people that need pokertracker/pokerview/poker-i'm-not-smart-enough-to-make-my-own-decisions and maybe we'll be back to where all begun, playing real poker!

Uglyowl
10-09-2005, 11:57 AM
This says it all... management sucks at making decisions that are good for the company and the investors know this. Monday will be worse!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v738/joerollo/ea3f1eb9.jpg

aucu
10-09-2005, 12:13 PM
Your right, they could care less if you live or die but it's sad to say that this is not uncommon.

Internet based companies that never look a customer in the eye could be the worst of them all and without a real effort won't have a clue.

mackthefork
10-09-2005, 12:19 PM
i say buy at 30p.

Mack

10-09-2005, 12:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
To Whom It May Concern;

I have been a player on the "Party Network" for sometime. Party Poker was "the place" to play as it boasted the biggest player base on the internet. Games of all different kinds were available at any hour.

As of yesterday, October 9th, 2005 Party gaming decided to disconnect it's affliates, (betNOW, Eurobet/Coral, Empire, Multi, Intertops) from the network. As a cause of this disconnection, Party's once solid userbase is staggeredly(lol) below 30,000 people.

Also, a new Party Platform was launched, however with this new platform came the loss of not only your clients, but your reputation as the world's largest and best.

You will not find my name on the Forbes top 400 richest men in America nor do I run a business. However, from a <font color="blue">theorectical</font> standpoint you over-estimated your position in the market-place. By taking and taking and not giving to the players over the last six months to be more specific, you feel that you own a monolopy, you do not. The raise of your rake is even more evidence of your greed. (hah?)

Last night Party had 21,000 users while your rival PokerStars had 46,000, I don't think I need to compare software as we all know who's is more resource friendly and easier to navigate, and if you guess yours, that was incorrect.

Simply put, you have put your affliates in no man's land, they will have an extreamly difficult time surving without Party Gaming behind them. I am extreamly weary(hah?) of your decision to cut them out, instead of buying them out.

1) Less Clients
2) Higher Rake

I dont see how this benifits your clients. You have been very tight lipped as to the details of this new framework. I hope that you plan on allowing the Affliates to rejoin your network in the future as you will simply not be a major player without your client base.

I am rooting for Party Gaming to get its house in order and show clients why exactly we should bother playing with Party Poker, other than to get a generic phone call from Mike Sexton.

A disapointed Client.

Yours Truely,

&lt;my real name&gt;

[/ QUOTE ]

Good stuff, I needed a laugh

10-09-2005, 12:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
To Whom It May Concern;

As of yesterday, October 9th, 2005 Party gaming decided to disconnect it's affliates, (betNOW, Eurobet/Coral, Empire, Multi, Intertops) from the network. As a cause of this disconnection, Party's once solid userbase is staggeredly(lol) below 30,000 people.

You will not find my name on the Forbes top 400 richest men in America nor do I run a business. However, from a <font color="blue">theorectical</font> standpoint you over-estimated your position in the market-place. By taking and taking and not giving to the players over the last six months to be more specific, you feel that you own a monolopy, you do not. The raise of your rake is even more evidence of your greed. (hah?)

Simply put, you have put your affliates in no man's land, they will have an extreamly difficult time surving without Party Gaming behind them. I am extreamly weary(hah?) of your decision to cut them out, instead of buying them out.

1) Less Clients
2) Higher Rake

A disapointed Client.

Yours Truely,

&lt;my real name&gt;

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="red">FURTHER PROOF THAT THERE WILL ALWAYS BE FISH</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

if it was perfect english, they wouldnt understand it....gotta talk in their language

10-09-2005, 01:43 PM
I think you missed "monolopy"

10-09-2005, 01:46 PM
Yeah, plus "affliates" (three times) and 'surving'. I gave him the benefit of the doubt on those.