PDA

View Full Version : Party vs. Skins: Some quick Beer Math

10-09-2005, 10:34 AM
Lorinda made a great post in the STT forum, that with Party's player reward point for cash program, you can earn what is roughly the equivalent of 15% in rakeback.

Assume most of us get in the neighborhood of 25-30% in rakeback from our affiliates.

Assume further that the Party pool of players is at least marginally weaker than the pool who plays on its skins.

I play the $50+5s SNGs. If I forsake rakeback, it costs me 5x(.25-.15) or 50 cents more per SNG to play at Party vs. the Skins (or 75 cents more assuming a high %30 skin rakeback).

Since the Party/Skin breakup just happened, no one will have any meaningful sample sizes to quantify the difference in winrates at Party vs. the skins. I will, at least intuitively, conclude that an extra 50 cents per 50 dollar SNG (a 1% price increase) is worth playing against a pool of generally inferior players. What say you?

jkkkk
10-09-2005, 10:42 AM
Well this is what I've been wondering but also, what can we predict about the future of Party and the skins, will empire launch a large advertising campaign?

I'm guessing Party will continue to market their service effectively and will continue to attract a decent amount of bad players, what can we say for empire or any of the other skins?

This is playing on my mind, its the rakeback issue vs the bad player pool and where I see the importance of both factors in the future.