PDA

View Full Version : Please critique

10-09-2005, 09:35 AM
I don't like the way that I played this hand and am looking for suggestions to improve

I'm in the small blind at a 200 buy-in NL (with about $260 in front of me at the time) game at the Commerce and am dealt A /images/graemlins/club.gif J /images/graemlins/club.gif. Someone makes it 2x the bb from EP and four or five people call including me so the pot is in the neighborhood of $50 for the flop. The flop comes down A /images/graemlins/spade.gif T /images/graemlins/spade.gif 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif I check (right play? wrong play? neutral play?) Next player to act (a TAG but possibly on tilt from a few earlier beats) bets $25. Original raiser folds. Table LAG calls. The rest fold to me. I minraise to $50, intending to give set/two pair/baby flush a chance to push (right? wrong? neutral?) both players just call. Turn is 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif Again I check (this I know is weak, especially after both other players showed weakness on the flop, but I was feeling paranoid). TAG bets $50, LAG calls again. I ... well ... what do you all think I should do? LAG I'm pretty sure is on the spade draw (though his passive play for this hand has me a little confused). TAG I am not so sure about. His bets seem to show weakness, but he's certainly tricky enough to be baiting me.

FoxwoodsFiend
10-09-2005, 11:26 AM
This is better posted in Small Stakes.

binions
10-09-2005, 12:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't like the way that I played this hand and am looking for suggestions to improve

I'm in the small blind at a 200 buy-in NL (with about $260 in front of me at the time) game at the Commerce and am dealt A /images/graemlins/club.gif J /images/graemlins/club.gif. Someone makes it 2x the bb from EP and four or five people call including me so the pot is in the neighborhood of $50 for the flop. The flop comes down A /images/graemlins/spade.gif T /images/graemlins/spade.gif 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif I check (right play? wrong play? neutral play?) Next player to act (a TAG but possibly on tilt from a few earlier beats) bets $25. Original raiser folds. Table LAG calls. The rest fold to me. I minraise to $50, intending to give set/two pair/baby flush a chance to push (right? wrong? neutral?) both players just call. Turn is 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif Again I check (this I know is weak, especially after both other players showed weakness on the flop, but I was feeling paranoid). TAG bets $50, LAG calls again. I ... well ... what do you all think I should do? LAG I'm pretty sure is on the spade draw (though his passive play for this hand has me a little confused). TAG I am not so sure about. His bets seem to show weakness, but he's certainly tricky enough to be baiting me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's see. You have top pair on a flush board. You are behind AK-AQ, AT, A2, AA, TT, 22 and every suited spade hand.

Why are you check-minraising???? You have no fold equity if either one of them has a strong A or a high spade.

If you want to bluff and represent a small flush, check then raise the pot.

Calling is an option only to see if another spade falls. If not, lead into them with a pot sized bet. This too looks like a made flush that wants to shut the draws out.

Folding is probably the most reasonable option. There will be easier spots to play a big pot.

kagame
10-09-2005, 02:36 PM
lead the flop fold to a raise

DyessMan89
10-09-2005, 02:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
lead the flop fold to a raise

[/ QUOTE ]

I also think leading the flop and folding to a raise is the correct move here. Ill be shocked if you take down this pot.

creedofhubris
10-09-2005, 06:47 PM
Raising makes the pot bigger. You don't want to make the pot bigger, since you have a marginal hand with no outs. So don't raise.

Bet out, or check/call, or check/fold.

10-09-2005, 07:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If it's beneath you then perhaps simply ignoring it would be better. Thanks! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

As for the others, my first inclination was to lead out and fold to a raise, but in this situation, it seems like the overwhelmingly likely scenario with this plan is me losing 35-50 bucks for my trouble. There are a couple of people to act behind me who aren't averse to raising with the King or Queen of spades and at least one player who will raise with practically anything in this situation just to see how serious I am about the pot.

fsuplayer
10-09-2005, 07:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If it's beneath you then perhaps simply ignoring it would be better. Thanks! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

no, bc its obvious that you are a new poster and probably havent figured out what goes where.

the forums were seperated for a reason.