PDA

View Full Version : How low of rakeback would Pstars need to give..

billyjex
10-09-2005, 06:51 AM
for us real limit grinders to play there full time?

Pstars is the best software, best customer service, bar none IMO. However, rakeback is nonexistent, bonuses are weak, and FPPs mean slightly more than party player points (aka, nothing.)

I love their site, but I could never play shorthanded limit there full time because, the players are somewhat decent and no rakeback sucks. I would suck it up and play Party, despite my hatred, because their players still are that bad. But at what % would you move to Stars for? I'm thining as little as 10% rakeback and I would move to Stars permanently.

This is just a pipe dream, because Stars makes a lot of money offering weak FPP prizes. If they ever decided to reward high volume cash game players, though...

nervous
10-09-2005, 03:39 PM
I would put my mark at 20%. Things don't seem to be as bad as everyone thought they were going to be.

10-09-2005, 04:00 PM
There will be some kind of relationship between the percentage of rakeback PokerStars were to give and the softness of the games on Party. If PokerStars were to begin increasing its rakeback above 0%, more and more good players would go over to Stars, which would in turn increase the softness of Party's games.

I think it would be tough to pick an exact number because your decrease in earn at PokerStars due to a tightening of your average player will not stay constant as the percentage of rakeback offered goes up.

obsidian
10-09-2005, 04:04 PM
I would play there for 20%

yellowjack
10-09-2005, 04:05 PM
This is a very good point. It seems as if there is some sort of equilibrium that will take a long time to be reached.

Awesemo
10-09-2005, 04:20 PM
Fpps are worth .018 each. That's 18% rakeback if you play sngs. I'm not sure about the ring games.

yellowjack
10-09-2005, 04:23 PM
Hey I've trying to find some info on this. I know the whole 5 FPP for $1 in entry fees, but am looking for more. Any linkage?

iceman5
10-09-2005, 04:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hey I've trying to find some info on this. I know the whole 5 FPP for $1 in entry fees, but am looking for more. Any linkage?

[/ QUOTE ]

Forgive me for being ignorant here. I used toplay exclusively at Stars and have one shitload of FPPS. I had no idea they were good for anything besdies books that I dont want.

Are you saying that I can use them for entry fees into tournies based on 5FPPs=$1? Is this for any tourny?

Can I buy into a $50 SNG or $50 MTT for 250 FPPs? I dont see an option for that when I try to register for a SNG.

mbpoker
10-09-2005, 05:08 PM
You can use your FPPs to enter satellites (S & G and MTT) for many tournaments. FPP S & G to Sunday big tourney run around the clock. Your FPP is worth around 1.6c for those.

When you play regular tournaments you get 5 FPP for $1 fee (sometimes much more). Based on 1.6c for FPP, that's 8% RB.

If you play $5.50 S & G, you get 3 FPP = 4.8c = 9.6% RB

However if you play $5.50 S & G your fee is 50c compared to Party's $1. In this extreme example you get about 60% RB.

iceman5
10-09-2005, 06:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You can use your FPPs to enter satellites (S & G and MTT) for many tournaments. FPP S & G to Sunday big tourney run around the clock. Your FPP is worth around 1.6c for those.

When you play regular tournaments you get 5 FPP for $1 fee (sometimes much more). Based on 1.6c for FPP, that's 8% RB.

If you play $5.50 S & G, you get 3 FPP = 4.8c = 9.6% RB

However if you play $5.50 S & G your fee is 50c compared to Party's $1. In this extreme example you get about 60% RB.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you saying that I can use the FPPs to pay the ENTIRE entry fee or only the "juice"?

If I want to play a $50+$5, can I only use the FPPs for the $5 fee or can I use FPPS for the entire $55?

Also, exactly how do I do it. I clicked on a couple different SNGs and MTTs and didnt see any option for to pay with FPPs.

XxGodJrxX
10-09-2005, 07:10 PM
Stars is in second place right behind Party, and there has never been any rakeback there. Thinking about rakeback there is a waste of time in my opinion, they know they don't have to. Besides PS ALREADY has the lowest rake out of any pokersite, and the bonuses are not really hard to clear. Just my 2 cents.

Danielih
10-09-2005, 07:18 PM
You realize of course that very winning higher limit players do not care as much for rakeback. It is nice. But not a really significant amount of money.

PokerCat69
10-09-2005, 07:22 PM
Their FPP are garbage. Unless you a tournament expert WTF are you going to do with FPP? Their FPP tournys are a joke, beat a [censored] tounry and you are placed in a Tounry #2, then if beat that you go to the main thing. But what are the odds of placing first in 3 tournys? about .000000000001 of seeing any real cash. Wish FPP could be converted to cash.
Right now it sucks.

mbpoker
10-10-2005, 03:34 AM
>Their FPP tournys are a joke, beat a [censored] tounry and >you are placed in a Tounry #2, then if beat that you go to >the main thing. But what are the odds of placing first in >3 tournys?

Where did you see this? There are S & G FPP satellites running all the time where if you win you get a seat in $215 Sunday tourney. The same about plenty of FPP MTT tourneys.

Plus there are FPP satellites to Banhamas,Monte Carlo, and other B & M tourneys. Just one satellite, not 3.

mbpoker
10-10-2005, 03:36 AM
You can't use FPPs for any tourney, just for satellites to Sunday $215. Take a look under S & G/Satellites.