PDA

View Full Version : Caught Stealin'?

10-09-2005, 05:34 AM
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

The CO is a fairly aggressive 37/20 player who seems hellbent on stealing my blinds. I couldn't be happier when I see my downcards.

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.

It folds to the CO, who [surprise] raises. I quickly 3bet, but to my dismay, the BB caps. CO calls, I call.

Flop: (12 SB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif

I check (mistake #1?), fully planning to get away from my Q's if it is bet and raised, but the BB checks behind me. CO bets, and I call (mistake #2?), thinking that I could actually be ahead, but if not, I'm way behind. BB just calls, and I'm now pretty certain I have him beat. CO is the big question mark.

Turn: (7.50 BB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif

The turn changes nothing. I check, BB again checks, CO bets. I've pretty much made up my mind to call this hand down, barring an Ace on the river. The BB calls behind me.

River: (10.50 BB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I'm somewhat happy to see this river. Now it seems more likely that the CO is pushing an A or a smaller pocket pair. Check, check, bet, call, call.
Final Pot: 13.50 BB

Did I play this hand correctly? I question my flop strategy, but everything else felt right...

blackize
10-09-2005, 06:19 AM
Do you happen to know his capping range?

Personally I raise the flop and call a 3 bet(assuming the BB might not call 2 cold). I think the turn is probably good as is the river. If the CO has a king then you're stomped. BB would have raised a K or an 8 at some point in this hand but he doesn't so Im guessing a smallish PP. Lord knows what the CO is holding and it doesn't sound like raising him at any point will get you much info or push him off any reasonable hand.

Stefan_K
10-09-2005, 11:53 AM
as you said either bet/fold the flop och check fold, don't call. and when you did call i think you can fold the turn.
Calling the river is good