PDA

View Full Version : Battle of blinds, flop set, raised on turn ...

fuzzbox
10-09-2005, 03:37 AM
5/10 6-max

Hero is BB (1700) and 2/images/graemlins/club.gif2/images/graemlins/spade.gif
Villain is SB (800)

Preflop
Folded to villain who calls, hero makes it 35, villain calls.

Flop (70)
6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif5/images/graemlins/club.gif2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
check, 40, call

Turn (150)
Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif
check, 100, villain makes it 300 ... hero ?

Obviously Im not planning to fold, but what about call/raise/push options ?

Thanks

etizzle
10-09-2005, 04:25 AM
depends on how bad he is but usually i just stick it in.

edge
10-09-2005, 05:17 AM
In position I like calling and getting it in on the river regardless of the card. He may feel like continuing a bluff.

sawseech
10-09-2005, 07:12 AM
push
it's impossible to know whether he has a flushdraw+Q or 65 here so i wouldn't just call

PGarlic
10-09-2005, 03:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
In position I like calling and getting it in on the river regardless of the card. He may feel like continuing a bluff.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would go in this direction if you think SB is the type to move in on the river on a bluff, lone queen, or overpair. If you've observed SB to be conservative, go ahead and move in.
A scare card could kill your action on the river or SB may just figure he's beat when you call.

Mikey
10-09-2005, 03:36 PM
call, don't push.

if you're ahead, everything else folds.
if you're behind, YIKES!!!

mikech
10-09-2005, 04:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
call, don't push.

if you're ahead, everything else folds.
if you're behind, YIKES!!!

[/ QUOTE ]
if you're behind, why would you call? if you're behind, you're drawing dead to the case deuce. the only other hand that you're behind to (which you actually have more outs against) is 43 and it's less likely he called a preflop raise with that.

why would you think everything else folds if you push? he only has about 400 left, he'll be getting almost 3 to 1 when you push, do you think he folds AdQd? 8d7d? 65?

i push here almost all the time. there may be rare times i just call, but it's NEVER because i'm afraid i'm behind. if you really fear you're behind, why are you even calling the turn?

fuzzbox
10-10-2005, 04:07 AM
I pushed, villain folded.

I guess this is standard, and villain just didnt have anything. Thanks guys.