PDA

View Full Version : Czech PM likens Palestinians to Nazis

02-18-2002, 08:52 AM
Czech PM: You can't talk to terrorists

By Herb Keinon and Greer Fay Cashman

JERUSALEM (February 18) - Using uncompromising language towards Palestinian Authority Chairman Yasser Arafat rarely heard in public by a foreign leader, visiting Czech Prime Minister Milos Zeman said Israel must absolutely not compromise with terrorists.

Drawing on Czechoslovakia's experience during World War II, when the allies sought to appease Germany by sacrificing the Czech Sudetenland to Hitler, Zeman said: "You cannot negotiate with terrorists because the single response of terrorists for fulfilling their demands is blackmail - new demands, nothing more."

"This was our experience with the regime of Adolph Hitler," Zeman said. "In 1936 he could have been defeated by two French divisions during the occupation of the Rhineland, and there was no courage by democratic countries because of the appeasement policy. I wonder whether there is no repetition of this danger of appeasement, the willingness for compromises which leads to cowardice only." Zeman, on a two-day visit here as the head of a large Czech delegation including government and business leaders, made his comments at a press conference after meeting Foreign Minister Shimon Peres.

02-18-2002, 02:32 PM
....but then again, what he know that elitists like Cyrus wouldn't?

Quick Quiz: How does the average man or woman on the street in France, Saudi Arabia, Palestine - and all other Arab countries feel about the USA?

If you can't bring yourself to answer straight away that they hate us, waffle even slightly, you're beyond hope. You will continue to bury your loved ones. An eye for an eye........

02-18-2002, 05:43 PM
Quick Quiz: How does the average man or woman on the street in France, Saudi Arabia, Palestine - and all other Arab countries feel about the USA?

Really? The average french person hates the Americans? No one tried to throw me off the Eiffel Tower when I was in France, or push me into the middle of traffic on the Champs-Elysees... What makes you think the French hate the US?

02-18-2002, 06:15 PM
I think it is important here to distinguish between terrorists and other Palestinians.

Israel needs to compromise with Palestinians.

Israel needs to wipe out organized terrorists if the PA can't themselves handle the job of keeping them under control.

In a similar vein, conditions in various regions around the world which might breed terrorism need to be addressed and changed or improved if possible. However, terrorists themselves around the world need to be eliminated.

02-18-2002, 07:18 PM
according to lenny bruce its because we f***ed their mothers for candybars.

gee, ive been waiting a long time to work that in.

brad