PDA

View Full Version : Locking up/combinging these threads sucks..

Michael C.
10-08-2005, 11:53 PM
Nothing against the moderator, who has an impossibly hard job. But I personally think having to look through a 1,000 posts in one thread is a lot harder than looking through different and more narrow threads. Certainly this skin/Party split is 100x of more concern to most of us today than whether or not we should push A3 against 4 competitors in a 22 SNG. So why not let this run it's course, and then die down when games are back to normal? Why so arbitrarily shut off the debate?

splashpot
10-08-2005, 11:54 PM
Just do what he says and go to the zoo. These posts belong there anyways. And there is more info there.

durron597
10-08-2005, 11:55 PM
Alright, this thread I'll leave open.

The reason is that these topics are off topic for this board. This board is about single table tournaments. If you wish to discuss a topic about big news in online poker, the correct board is Internet Gambling.

I'm leaving one thread unlocked because at least that way those who want to see only on-topic discussion only have 1 thread to ignore.

Guthrie
10-09-2005, 12:00 AM
Because the moderators live to lord it over us, that's why. That makes it their forum instead of ours, which is exactly what they want.

Mr_J
10-09-2005, 12:08 AM

durron597
10-09-2005, 12:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Because the moderators live to lord it over us, that's why. That makes it their forum instead of ours, which is exactly what they want.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, trust me, if I wanted to run this forum with an iron fist things would be a lot different around here.

Note that I am leaving the thread dicussing my action open.

Trust me, I don't lock threads lightly and I don't do it often. But when your whole board is spammed with off topic dicussion I felt I had to do something.

Also note that these threads are only locked. Feel free to send a PM to Mat Sklansky or citanul, if they feel that my decision should be overturned I have no problem with that.

Guthrie
10-09-2005, 12:16 AM
Well that's the problem, you see. Only topics you approve of are considered to be "on topic" on your forum, and the rest of us are at your mercy. Sort of like Party.

fluorescenthippo
10-09-2005, 12:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Nothing against the moderator, who has an impossibly hard job.

Certainly this skin/Party split is 100x of more concern to most of us today than whether or not we should push A3 against 4 competitors in a 22 SNG. So why not let this run it's course, and then die down when games are back to normal? Why so arbitrarily shut off the debate?

[/ QUOTE ]

lemondropmmm
10-09-2005, 12:47 AM
Non-moderation = death by slow disintegration and topic drift.

This moderation is excellent.

The Lemon

sahala
10-09-2005, 11:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Well that's the problem, you see. Only topics you approve of are considered to be "on topic" on your forum, and the rest of us are at your mercy. Sort of like Party.

[/ QUOTE ]

How are you at their mercy? You can read post all you want about the Party changes in the Other forum. Why do you want to read about non-STT stuff in the STT forum?

Let me flip this around. Why should the majority of STT forum regulars have to wade through off-topic threads just because you want it that way?

citanul
10-09-2005, 03:38 PM
durron wouldn't do it, but i will. this thread should be locked. the main point is that the threads don't belong here. and on top of that, rakeback is not allowed to be discussed on this forum. there are other forums that you are free to talk about rakeback on, just not htis one. additionally, we're allowed to lock up all threads on the subject of the moderation if we want.

the idea that we're just trying to keep it "our forum" or something stupid like that is just plain stupid. we're trying to keep the forum for the forum, and for its actual issues, as opposed to say, the issues that are not allowed to be discussed here.