PDA

View Full Version : is there a way to get rakeback on party?

pokerjoker
10-08-2005, 09:45 PM
id love to know.

craig r
10-08-2005, 10:21 PM
We will be able to offer it at www.raketracker.com (http://www.raketracker.com) .

craig

goodguy_1
10-08-2005, 10:41 PM
sweet wish you guys ,Morgant all the best. with this crappy situation...Tell us about these latest ongoing developments? I was just talking on the phone with a sub-affiliate of supposedly one of Party's larger affiliates that is offereing rakeback.

When will raketracker make this official?

private joker
10-08-2005, 10:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
We will be able to offer it at www.raketracker.com (http://www.raketracker.com) .

craig

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, this is tremendous news. Seriously? If so, this will put all my freak-out fears to rest. I'll switch my entire roll from Euro to Party if I can get rakeback from raketracker. I'd much prefer to follow the fish, but I'd just as soon stay on Party than move to some site like Bodog or Pacific that I'm not familiar with.

I'm surprised Craig's news isn't sparking more joy.

rwesty
10-08-2005, 10:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Because rakeback has been available the whole time.

kenberman
10-08-2005, 10:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

cmon

rwesty
10-08-2005, 10:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

cmon

[/ QUOTE ]

?

kenberman
10-08-2005, 10:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

cmon

[/ QUOTE ]

?

[/ QUOTE ]

name a public, well known affiliate that offers PARTY POKER (not a skin) rb

rwesty
10-08-2005, 10:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

cmon

[/ QUOTE ]

?

[/ QUOTE ]

name a public, well known affiliate that offers PARTY POKER (not a skin) rb

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't that against the rules?

sublime
10-08-2005, 10:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]

craig

[/ QUOTE ]

and at Rakebackzone (http://www.rakebackzone.com) /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

rwesty
10-08-2005, 10:58 PM
Post deleted by morgant

nevadaJACK
10-08-2005, 10:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]

craig

[/ QUOTE ]

At the present time Party strictly enforces their no RB policy...any affiliate that offers it will be in violation of their T+C. Of course it might take place with tacit approval, just like at Empire.

Then again, nearly all of us have Party accts already, so if affiliates start offering it, get ready for some hardcore gnoming.

GoCubsGo
10-08-2005, 10:59 PM
News accounts only?

The4Aces
10-08-2005, 11:05 PM
i know someone giveing the highest % right now at party. But i cant post it on here i dont think.

10-08-2005, 11:10 PM
lol

sublime
10-08-2005, 11:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
News accounts only?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.

I dont know of any creative ways around this, but I am sure they will arise.

pokaplayer
10-08-2005, 11:37 PM
Can someone tell me why I can't just have a friend of mine (who is on Party already) become my affiliate, then I will create a new account and then he will give me my rake?

nevadaJACK
10-08-2005, 11:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Can someone tell me why I can't just have a friend of mine (who is on Party already) become my affiliate, then I will create a new account and then he will give me my rake?

[/ QUOTE ]

ding ding ding.
we have a winner.
(sidebets on how long until this post gets deleted by the "mods")?

(but seriously ur friend better just keep referring new accounts...party stops paying affiliates unless they continuously send in new players)

Tk79
10-08-2005, 11:52 PM
If you have such a problem with this forum perhaps you should stop reading/posting in it.

MaxPower
10-09-2005, 12:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Because unless your friend constantly signs-up people, they will stop paying him.

NoChance
10-09-2005, 01:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]

News accounts only?

Yes.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what sucks. Again, the people with existing accounts suffer.

sublime
10-09-2005, 01:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

News accounts only?

Yes.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There will be new and improved ways to get around this im sure. mike omalley is working on it now.

10-09-2005, 01:42 AM
Post deleted by morgant

10-09-2005, 01:45 AM
If party really wants to get all the multitabling sharks to come back from the skins, they are going to have to allow rakeback to players who current have accounts. Because everyone already has an account at party itself.

DMBFan23
10-09-2005, 02:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

craig

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, this is tremendous news. Seriously? If so, this will put all my freak-out fears to rest. I'll switch my entire roll from Euro to Party if I can get rakeback from raketracker. I'd much prefer to follow the fish, but I'd just as soon stay on Party than move to some site like Bodog or Pacific that I'm not familiar with.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is fantastic news

Paxosmotic
10-09-2005, 02:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

craig

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this is fantastic news

[/ QUOTE ]
[censored] yeah, [censored]es.

DMBFan23
10-09-2005, 02:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]

craig

[/ QUOTE ]

craig when can I read about this on raketracker? are you all sending an email? I would imagine all of your customers are dying to know about this and I'm sure a lot don't read this forum

cheers

pokahjokah
10-09-2005, 02:21 AM
25% player action bonus that is able to buy gift certificates or items in the gift shop? Is this the same thing as rakeback or not? The seem to skirt a fine line without ever saying "You get 25% of your rakeback."

Kumubou
10-09-2005, 02:23 AM
The main limitation there is that you can not have played on your Party account for the last 60 days. Considering that I am currently clearing a bonus on Party, I will not be eligible to switch (if all of the other rakeback affiliates have the same requirement) until 2006 at this rate. :|

Hopefully more details will arise as more affiliates will come up to speed with the changes...

-K

10-09-2005, 02:28 AM
Every offer I've seen for party rakeback says your account must have been inactive for 60 days. I logged in about a week ago just to check my balance but I didn't play or deposit/withdraw. Does the clock start from a week ago or months ago, the last time I actually played under that account?

Paxosmotic
10-09-2005, 02:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
can not have played on your Party account for the last 60 days

[/ QUOTE ]
That's me, woo! Money here I come!

10-09-2005, 02:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]

craig

[/ QUOTE ]

*wipes tear from eye*

Ulysses
10-09-2005, 02:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]

craig

[/ QUOTE ]

craig, I think you're jumping to conclusions here. The raketracker guys have met w/ skins recently and assured us that the skin contracts just got renewed and nothing is changing in the foreseeable future.

Paxosmotic
10-09-2005, 03:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

craig

[/ QUOTE ]

craig, I think you're jumping to conclusions here. The raketracker guys have met w/ skins recently and assured us that the skin contracts just got renewed and nothing is changing in the foreseeable future.

[/ QUOTE ]
Isn't Craig saying he is one of the raketracker guys?

craig r
10-09-2005, 03:57 AM
Yes, I am. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

craig

Paxosmotic
10-09-2005, 04:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]

craig

[/ QUOTE ]
Since you're up late, can you provide some insight as to what we can expect? Need to create new accounts? Need to provide you with more information monthly since I hear Party doesn't provide you individual stats? What do you expect the Party rakeback process to be?

sexdrugsmoney
10-09-2005, 04:26 AM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En respuesta a:</font><hr />

craig

[/ QUOTE ]
Since you're up late, can you provide some insight as to what we can expect? Need to create new accounts? Need to provide you with more information monthly since I hear Party doesn't provide you individual stats? What do you expect the Party rakeback process to be?

[/ QUOTE ]

10-09-2005, 04:29 AM
^^ Ditto on the questions.

waffle
10-09-2005, 04:31 AM
diablo is joking and poking fun at a post morgant made a few days ago. it went over your head.

Paxosmotic
10-09-2005, 04:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
diablo is joking and poking fun at a post morgant made a few days ago. it went over your head.

[/ QUOTE ]
Damn near everything goes over my head, he's not so hot.

Ulysses
10-09-2005, 04:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]

craig

[/ QUOTE ]

craig,

in all seriousness, I would like to hear from morgan re: what he posted in that other thread. Is raketracker a subaffiliate of someone? If so and these guys are lying to morgant about status of contracts, etc., then it raises a lot of concerns.

The idea of being able to 10-table 2000NL on a single account is appealing. So, I will be putting in some time at Party. Ideally with rakeback. I am sure many other people are going through the same process right now and want to be as informed as possible and make the right decision.

Only thing I know so far is I'm not doing anything with the guys who spammed me.

sublime
10-09-2005, 04:41 AM
The fact that somebody spammed ElDiablo is hilarious.

Ulysses
10-09-2005, 04:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, it was the SwitchBackSomething crap that Vince endorsed. History has shown that spammers generally engage in all sorts of deceptive business practices, so, buyer beware.

MyTurn2Raise
10-09-2005, 04:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Q: News accounts only? A:Yes.

[/ QUOTE ]

There will be new and improved ways to get around this im sure. mike omalley is working on it now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please keep us informed. It's annoying going back to the other sites.

SinCityGuy
10-09-2005, 04:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Yes, it was the SwitchBackSomething crap that Vince endorsed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, he was actually very complimentary, which is very atypical for Vince. That alone was enough to say "caveat emptor" to me.

10-09-2005, 04:49 AM
Post deleted by craig r

SinCityGuy
10-09-2005, 04:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Party does not condone rakeback, so many affiliates, including us, offer "player incentives".

[/ QUOTE ]

Poker chips? Playing cards? Beach towels?

sexdrugsmoney
10-09-2005, 04:53 AM
Yes, it was the SwitchBackSomething crap that Vince endorsed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, he was actually very complimentary, which is very atypical for Vince. That alone was enough to say "caveat emptor" to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

[noob question]

Who is Vince?

[/noob question]

lorinda
10-09-2005, 04:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Somebody managed to spam me recently too.

Probably not the best way for them to start their rakeback career.

Lori

craig r
10-09-2005, 04:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

craig

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Up late? Guys, if I sleep by Monday morning I will be happy. /images/graemlins/smile.gif Anyways, here is the deal. We will be able to offer it. We will be able to set this up Monday or Tuesday. We have gotten confirmation that we will be able to do this. We do not know what is going to happen with people that already have an existing account on Party. But, I assure you that we are working on this as well. We want you guys signed up with RB, just as much as you want to signup for it. There will be individual trackers (from what I have been told), but, since, Party is not able to get them to us until Monday/Tuesday, we will not be able to create them and set people up until then.

Please let me know if you guys have any questions. I will try to answer what I can, but there are some areas we just don't know about right now. I also apologize for being so short in this message, but there are a lot of emails I have to answer as well.

craig

p.s. I prefer not to receive PM's regarding this situation. It is much easier and quicker for me to check my email. I can be reached at cruderman@raketracker.com .

Paxosmotic
10-09-2005, 05:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Anyways, here is the deal. We will be able to offer it.

[/ QUOTE ]
You had me at hello. Looking forward to anything you guys can put together.

Love,
The Internet

10-09-2005, 05:09 AM
pretty strange that you deleted a post that had no URL, that answered the question asked, was informative, and gave accurate information.

I'm not sure the purpose of deleting a post from someone who comes in here to help dispel rumors and has credibility.

It seems to me there are an awful lot of questions here about rakeback on Party, skin affiliates, skin players, and to delete a post that answers most of them seems a little strange.

sexdrugsmoney
10-09-2005, 05:10 AM

craig

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Up late? Guys, if I sleep by Monday morning I will be happy. /images/graemlins/smile.gif Anyways, here is the deal. We will be able to offer it. We will be able to set this up Monday or Tuesday. We have gotten confirmation that we will be able to do this. We do not know what is going to happen with people that already have an existing account on Party. But, I assure you that we are working on this as well. We want you guys signed up with RB, just as much as you want to signup for it. There will be individual trackers (from what I have been told), but, since, Party is not able to get them to us until Monday/Tuesday, we will not be able to create them and set people up until then.

Please let me know if you guys have any questions. I will try to answer what I can, but there are some areas we just don't know about right now. I also apologize for being so short in this message, but there are a lot of emails I have to answer as well.

craig

p.s. I prefer not to receive PM's regarding this situation. It is much easier and quicker for me to check my email. I can be reached at cruderman@raketracker.com .

[/ QUOTE ]

I love you craig.

PS - PLEASE push for existing Party users to be able to take up this offer.

10-09-2005, 05:20 AM
Hi,

As a first time poster here, I feel pretty abused.
I took the time to read the FAQ and did not post an ad or include a URL, but for some reason my posts were deleted.

I guess I can't respond to anything in here since I tried in three threads, so I will post it somewhere else where accurate information is welcome.

kurosh
10-09-2005, 05:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]

craig

[/ QUOTE ]So uh, I was signed up with you guys for rb under party, but then after 3 months you guys cut it because I'm no longer individually tracked. Will I be able to get it again now?

craig r
10-09-2005, 05:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

craig

[/ QUOTE ]So uh, I was signed up with you guys for rb under party, but then after 3 months you guys cut it because I'm no longer individually tracked. Will I be able to get it again now?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Kurosh,

We are working on this as well. We will know more on Monday. I don't want to make any promises, but I think we will be able to work something out.

craig

jason_t
10-09-2005, 05:43 AM
I heard a rumor that it will only last for 90 days. Is this true?

wacki
10-09-2005, 05:45 AM
Some random drunk jibberish.

craig r
10-09-2005, 05:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Could you please PM me or post the source that you heard this? This is the first I have heard about this. Thanks.

craig

istewart
10-09-2005, 05:49 AM
craig:

I will buy you a pet midget with my rakeback if you discover a way for existing Party accounts to get it.

Thanks,

istewart

Cancuk
10-09-2005, 05:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
craig:

I will buy you a pet midget with my rakeback if you discover a way for existing Party accounts to get it.

Thanks,

istewart

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it hard to get a new account at party?

craig r
10-09-2005, 05:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
craig:

Thanks,

istewart

[/ QUOTE ]

I am all for enslaving people as pets, but it is incorrect to call them "midgets", it is "little person" /images/graemlins/smile.gif

craig

p.s. I will PM you my address. Am I going to have to be home to sign for this package?

Mr_J
10-09-2005, 06:07 AM
"We are working on this as well. We will know more on Monday. I don't want to make any promises, but I think we will be able to work something out. "

Any idea if you'll be able to provide RB for people who closed their party account 6+ months ago (ie open a new one with you guys)??

craig r
10-09-2005, 06:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
"We are working on this as well. We will know more on Monday. I don't want to make any promises, but I think we will be able to work something out. "

Any idea if you'll be able to provide RB for people who closed their party account 6+ months ago (ie open a new one with you guys)??

[/ QUOTE ]

We really don't know. As soon as we know anything we are going to let you guys know.

craig

jason_t
10-09-2005, 06:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Could you please PM me or post the source that you heard this? This is the first I have heard about this. Thanks.

craig

[/ QUOTE ]

After some private conversations with craig r and my source on this info, it seems as though my source was mistaken.

wacki
10-09-2005, 06:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

craig

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, are you immune to the sticky? How much did that cost?

Paxosmotic
10-09-2005, 07:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

craig

[/ QUOTE ]

After some private conversations with craig r and my source on this info, it seems as though my source was mistaken.

[/ QUOTE ]
Good, good. I mean, it seemed kinda ridiculous, but good news regardless.

RikaKazak
10-09-2005, 08:36 AM
YOU FIGURED IT OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's what I've been doing. I created an account, became an affiliate, then had my mom sign up under me. and boys and girls, 20-25% rakeback is yours at PP!!!!!!!

craig r
10-09-2005, 08:42 AM
What happens when you don't keep bringing Party customers? How long has your Mom had an account? I am pretty sure that Party (you can do a search on the forums) can/will put a hold on rakeback if you don't bring them customers for a certain amount of time.

craig

aucu
10-09-2005, 09:13 AM
The idea of RB from party is the solution to the panic attack a lot of us have been having. It looks like I will have to wait a couple of days for this to sort itself out.

I'm going to wait, but I will be a bit nerve racking but ??

robinsons
10-09-2005, 09:22 AM
hi,
thought I'd put this in here rather than creating another thread for it...
I currently have a party account which I have logged into recently and use for datamining, however I have not deposited any money into here for ages and it is not linked with my neteller account. It also has my old phone number and address on it.
Am I correct in assuming it is better to wait until the dust clears over RB on party before depositing into this from neteller, in case I have to set up a new account in order to get RB?

Thanks.

craig r
10-09-2005, 10:21 AM
One other thing, I am sure, from all the fwd. spam PM's I have received, that there are going to be lots of affiliates that are going to try to take advantage of people who are panicking and who are desperate. Even if you don't signup through us, make sure that you don't signup with just any affiliate. I know most of the long time posters at 2+2 will make sure that they signup with a reputable affiliate, but I am sure there are a lot of new people or less informed people who might just signup with anybody offering it. It seems in times of desperation (or to be more correct, "perceived desperation") that people will make hasty decisions and then a few days, weeks, etc... later may regret it.

Alright, I am done with my PSA. The afterschool special of this post will be appearing on ABC this Tuesday.

craig

10-09-2005, 10:25 AM
There actually is a way to get cash back at Party without having to worry about signing up players under you, without worrying if your old account is dormant, and without worrying if Party will shut you down.

Since my previous posts got deleted, I guess I can't go further into it, but it can be done, and it can be done now.

I have been in touch with people at POarty as recently as a half hour ago, and nothing concerning players having previous accounts is on the drawing board to be changed.

Some affiliates are putting players off because their affiliate offices in London are closed over the weekend, but I just talked to one of tyhe affiliate managers at home.

10-09-2005, 10:46 AM
do tell?

imported_azalin
10-09-2005, 12:39 PM
What do u mean by "There actually is a way to get cash back at Party without having to worry about signing up players under you, without worrying if your old account is dormant, and without worrying if Party will shut you down." ?? Any more info is appreciated..

rybones
10-09-2005, 12:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]

craig

[/ QUOTE ]

This is great, but what if you already have a pp account that you signed up for before you knew about rakeback at all. Though I have not used my pp account in a few months I think I am screwed?

Craig, If pp is now going to let you have "legally" offer rakeback, will they also let those with old pp accounts switch to an affiliate?

Ryan

Ulysses
10-09-2005, 01:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
people will make hasty decisions and then a few days, weeks, etc... later may regret it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Craig, I agree 100% with that post. That is why I asked the question(s) earlier in this thread. I would very much like to understand how it was that you guys had no idea of this and in fact were informed by your contacts that contracts were renewed, etc. Did the site(s) themselves lie to you or do you work under a sub-affiliate that lied to you? If the guys who control what you get back are willing to screw you over, that makes the situation quite risky for anyone who does business with you. Are you working directly with Party to offer your new deal?

As I said before, I am asking these questions because it seemed like there were a number of people who were aware of what was going on well before you guys, and not only were you guys not aware, you were flat out stating that those people were wrong. I am sure many others like me who would like to get rakeback on Party are in the same position as me and would like to be as informed as possible to make the best decision about who are likely to be solid and stable Party affiliates.

I appreciate whatever info you can provide and thank you for not spamming us like some of these other clowns.

sublime
10-09-2005, 02:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

craig

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, are you immune to the sticky? How much did that cost?

[/ QUOTE ]

I sold my left lung.

I just want to chrip in:

People, PLEASE just wait until Tuesday or so before doing anything. DO NOT fall for these scammy like posts that are made from people who either:

1- claim to not run the site they are endorsing
2- Have 7 posts, all since yesterday
3- Are not on RakeRebateReview

The games are STILL beatabe on the skins right now. SO please just wait until more information is handed down from Party to us (LONG TIME AFFILATES) so we can respond in a mature manner.

ENJOY!

obsidian
10-09-2005, 03:59 PM
Any idea on if your account must be inactive for a certain period. I may be regretting depositing and playing last night...

Vetstadium
10-09-2005, 04:14 PM
Back from the Taj all weekend to read this crap. Guess will take few days off again and check back I have to play with rakeback at Party. Will see what develops.

10-09-2005, 05:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
hi,
thought I'd put this in here rather than creating another thread for it...
I currently have a party account which I have logged into recently and use for datamining, however I have not deposited any money into here for ages and it is not linked with my neteller account. It also has my old phone number and address on it.
Am I correct in assuming it is better to wait until the dust clears over RB on party before depositing into this from neteller, in case I have to set up a new account in order to get RB?

Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be my advice. And as someone stated earlier, there are plenty of beatable games at other rooms, including the skins. So I'm waiting for all the RB details to be clear before I go to party. But being able to 10 table, while getting RB at a fish site, is worth all this hooplah.

BabyJesus
10-09-2005, 06:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You shall not and shall not authorize, assist or encourage any third party to:

[/ QUOTE ] ...
[ QUOTE ]
3.2.9 Offer any so-called “rake-back” schemes or similar which offers or allows a proportion of the player’s rake to be returned to the player in any form;

[/ QUOTE ]

Am I reading this correctly, or would a 3rd party be someone other than the owner of your website?

You say you came to an agreement with partypoker to offer some kind of rak.eback, but it looks like that is in violation with the affilate agreement.

Also I had another question, where are people getting this information that they will stop being paid by PP if they don't bring in new players over time? I just scanned the agreement and didn't see anything about that.

Python49
10-09-2005, 06:22 PM
Ok, I understand for the most part what's going on but one of the questions I have is this:

A while back when party poker had supposedly "done away with rakeback" wasn't their means of doing this by getting rid of individual tracking? If this is what they did then, did they undo those changes this time around? And if so.... is basically what happened is party poker saw all their high volume players flee to rakeback, and now they are allowing rakeback and just turning a blind eye? Just kinda confused on how rakeback at party was "done with" back then but now its back. If they allowed tracking again then that explains but, just means that they have some pretty snake-like business moves to get the players back from the skins... (cutting off skins, allowing more tables, allowing rakeback, etc).

Well anyway, i've got about 7-9k MGR up for grabs to any affiliate I sign up under so i'm hoping to get a good deal % wise.

My situation though is... I already have an account at party poker, just one account that I created a long time ago no rake back when I first started playing. I switched to rakeback sites eventually and that party account is still the same.. in terms of whoever I signed up under. To get rakeback now will I have to go through the same process I did with the empire site? I had an account at empire and had to close it, make a new one with different name and different deposit method.

DoomSlice
10-09-2005, 06:23 PM
So.... who wants to give me RB at Party?

sublime
10-09-2005, 06:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So.... who wants to give me RB at Party?

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.chennaionline.com/health/Homoeopathy/2004/images/cough02.jpg

CoughSublimeCough

SinCityGuy
10-09-2005, 06:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
A while back when party poker had supposedly "done away with rakeback" wasn't their means of doing this by getting rid of individual tracking?

[/ QUOTE ]

They got rid of individual tracking due to the incessant whining from the affiliates who didn't give rakeback. (http://www.casinoaffiliateprograms.com/bb/party-poker-disables-individual-tracker-stats.5795.html?)

Nicholasp27
10-09-2005, 06:38 PM
u can track individuals

10-09-2005, 06:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]

They got rid of individual tracking due to the incessant whining from the affiliates who didn't give rakeback. (http://www.casinoaffiliateprograms.com/bb/party-poker-disables-individual-tracker-stats.5795.html?)

[/ QUOTE ]

The guys posting in that thread were complete *******'s. Jesus.

Python49
10-09-2005, 06:48 PM
Right, so how they've enabled it again? That's what i'm confused about. And if so... doesnt this piss off their affliates some more that they're allowing tracking? I guess I can answer that question just by reading the forum to the link you sent me.

SinCityGuy
10-09-2005, 06:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The guys posting in that thread were complete *******'s. Jesus.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're not kidding. The pathetic leaches actually think that they're entitled to spend five minutes signing up a player, and then make thousands of dollars off of his play for the rest of his playing career, without paying the player anything.

SinCityGuy
10-09-2005, 06:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Right, so how they've enabled it again? That's what i'm confused about. And if so... doesnt this piss off their affliates some more that they're allowing tracking? I guess I can answer that question just by reading the forum to the link you sent me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not an affiliate, so I don't know whether or not they're allowing it again. The bigger question is whether or not they will shut it off again when the crybabies start making noise.

10-09-2005, 07:04 PM
Thinking about it carefully, rakeback shouldn't even really hurt non-rakeback affiliates. Anyone willing to sign up with an affiliate that does not offer rakeback must not be aware of rakeback. Players aware of rakeback won't sign up with them anyway. So whether or not rakeback is available is irrelevant to their bottom line...

Also, 2nd to party, which site would you say offers the worst players? Couldn't we, as a community, threaten to move all of our collective action to pokerstars unless rakeback is provided? How bad would it be to actually all move away from party? Are all the other sites really that lacking in the fish department?

Python49
10-09-2005, 07:14 PM
It does affect them because players unaware about rakeback eventually become aware about it if they are serious about their play. When I started at party poker it didn't take me long to find out about rakeback so then I left and stop playing at party and played under a rakeback affiliate.

krazyace5
10-09-2005, 07:24 PM
By the time this happens they have been compensated more than enough.

robinsons
10-09-2005, 07:29 PM
It may be an unpopular opinion on here, however these non-rakeback affiliates are the ones that actually bring new players to party, rakeback affiliates bring hardly any new users to the site. Only situations I can think of is when a player would play somewhere else unless they had rakeback, or because they see a high % on a site they haven't heard of and decide to try it out.

EDIT TO ADD: I don't think rakeback affiliates take that much away from non-rakeback affiliates (most/all high volume players are not going to sign up through a non-RB affiliate), and they have no reason to complain about it. however I wouldn't call non-rb affiliates 'leeches', and I don't think there is anything wrong that they get the whole share of the players lifetime MGR. Party says they will pay a % to affiliates who bring new players to the site, party is happy to pay this and I don't see whats wrong with the affiliates taking all of that. on the same note, I see no problem in rakeback affiliates who get players by passing a % of this on to their players. If party wants to stop this, simply pay affilates a single one of payment for each new account.

sorry for flying off on a tangent.

SinCityGuy
10-09-2005, 07:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It may be an unpopular opinion on here, however these non-rakeback affiliates are the ones that actually bring new players to party, rakeback affiliates bring hardly any new users to the site.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't disagree. However, a high percentage of those new players end up playing little, if any poker. A lot of the guys playing for RB play hundreds of thousands of hands per year.

I'm still sickened by the fact that those affiliates feel like they're owed a lifetime entitlement to keep 100% of a player's MGR rebate for life, without returning any of it back to the player.

siccjay
10-09-2005, 07:58 PM
I am a tiny Party affiliate (I have 2 friends signed up with me so far) and I have been able to see individual trackers for at least 2 months.

ilikeaces
10-09-2005, 08:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I am a tiny Party affiliate (I have 2 friends signed up with me so far) and I have been able to see individual trackers for at least 2 months.

[/ QUOTE ]

Many people have.

SinCityGuy
10-09-2005, 08:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Many people have.

[/ QUOTE ]

Once again, the bigger question is whether or not Party will keep them visible when the whining from the non-rakeback affiliates starts to escalate again.

Python49
10-09-2005, 09:10 PM
Well the smaller question for me is if it's been viewable for this whole time why were people saying they weren't. Why were the people on the affiliate forum rejoycing over the end of rakeback if nothing changed? It would make more sense if someone just clarified whether or not party made it unviweable for a certain amount of time and brought it back or not. I've heard from people that it's always been viewable and from others that the rakeback ended a while back when party stopped making individual rake viewable/trackable.

Chewbacca
10-09-2005, 10:09 PM
They weren't visible for most people. Mine weren't visible until just this month (well, OK, I didn't check last month so it could have been since then too).

Adam22
10-09-2005, 10:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
A while back when party poker had supposedly "done away with rakeback" wasn't their means of doing this by getting rid of individual tracking?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i was about to say that those guys must still use rakeback for their own personal accounts then i read one of the say

"
So I play for about two hours, hit a really good run of cards and get it up to $71.50 and cash out for $51.50."

and realized its n00b-county over there.

scotty34
10-09-2005, 11:00 PM
My affiliate has just informed me that they have reached a deal with Party that uses individual trackers. The percent is not very good, but at least it shows that RB there is going to be possible again (at least for a while).

bobbyi
10-09-2005, 11:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My affiliate has just informed me that they have reached a deal with Party that uses individual trackers.

[/ QUOTE ]
Only for new accounts or for everyone they've ever signed up?

scotty34
10-09-2005, 11:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My affiliate has just informed me that they have reached a deal with Party that uses individual trackers.

[/ QUOTE ]
Only for new accounts or for everyone they've ever signed up?

[/ QUOTE ]

Here is the email I received from them:

We have worked out a deal for rakeback on Party Poker that will allow us individual trackers.

The rate will be xx%. Please don't send requests for a higher rate right now as we have 1,000's of customers that we will be converting and simply can't give these requests the individual attention they require. We will be happy to revisit this on an individual customer basis after we get thru this transition.

We will be emailing you the sign-up information and links to use tomorrow afternoon.

Some of the details such as how often your stats will be updated are still being worked out.

We are also working on details for those with an existing account and want to get complete information before we advise on this issue.

Thanks for hanging in there over the last couple of days and we are excited to have come through with a rakeback alternative for you on Party Poker.

Good luck at the tables!

Online247
10-09-2005, 11:23 PM
Thanks Scotty for the info. It seems inline with what Craig was telling everyone.( exsiting users might have a chance at RB&gt; /images/graemlins/smile.gif )

10-09-2005, 11:44 PM
Most people here I would imagine already have a PP account, therefore the question is IF current account holders will be able to get RB, what will the conditions be? If it's that you need to have had a dormant account for 60 days then what do they define as dormant?

I haven't played at Party for 4 or 5 months but I logged in yesterday to take a look at the updates (and played 1 hand at a playmoney table).

Here's hoping they class dormant as 'not having played on a real money table for X days'.

SinCityGuy
10-10-2005, 12:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I haven't played at Party for 4 or 5 months but I logged in yesterday to take a look at the updates (and played 1 hand at a playmoney table).

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope nobody sucked out on you. Those bad beats can be brutal at the playmoney tables.

10-10-2005, 12:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I hope nobody sucked out on you. Those bad beats can be brutal at the playmoney tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

I logged into playmoney to get a look at the BJ tables. Oh, and no, I went in for 10 with 92o and won a 43 pot. I rock.

stinkypete
10-10-2005, 12:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

and since they've already been compensated "more than enough", it doesn't hurt them? i don't understand.

Wabby
10-10-2005, 12:53 AM
I have usually played around bonus time, so my old account is not dormant.

I would potentially move 7-9k MGR to party a month.

Why would they want me to stop playing on their network for 2 months before allowing me in their club?

SinCityGuy
10-10-2005, 12:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

and since they've already been compensated "more than enough", it doesn't hurt them? i don't understand.

[/ QUOTE ]

From their perspective, they haven't been compensated enough. They want the player's MGR refund for life. I guarantee you that the decibel level from these nonrakeback affiliates is going to go off the charts if other affiliates start openly giving rakeback at Party.

And don't think that Party doesn't care about this. The last thing in the world that they want is for a war to break out between nonrakeback and rakeback affiliates. They end up having to deal with a whole litany of problems, like people trying to create duplicate accounts.

bobbyi
10-10-2005, 01:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I logged into playmoney to get a look at the BJ tables.

[/ QUOTE ]
They have playmoney BJ tables?

ilikeaces
10-10-2005, 01:03 AM
At least the steps will get more traffic now.

Wabby
10-10-2005, 01:04 AM
Well, maybe its not such a big problem for Party anymore.

It is much easier to persuade someone to open an account at Empire with rakeback, than to open an account in another name and play Party from that one.

Of course some semipros will choose that option, but for the casual player that is much too much trouble to get rakeback.

Most will stay with Party and forget about the rake.

SinCityGuy
10-10-2005, 01:13 AM
I think you missed my point. There are a lot of serious players who already have accounts at Party with nonrakeback affiliates. I am one of them.

A lot of these rakeback affiliates are taking a cavalier attitude with this situation and saying stuff like "we think we've probably got something worked out" or "it looks like me might be able to do something with Party.", etc.

If this in fact does start to happen, all of the nonrakeback affiliates are going to go ballistic again, grilling Party about why they're not enforcing open violations of 3.2.9 of the affiliate agreement. This is what lead Party to take away the tracking before, and so far nobody has explained how this situation won't happen again.

Olback
10-10-2005, 02:13 AM
Party Poker Rakeback Offers can be found at:

Wabby
10-10-2005, 02:15 AM
Maybe we can dream of waking up tomorrow and Party changed their T&amp;C, to not really caring about what the affiliate spends his money on.

Of course some would go ballistic. But would it really hurt Party in the long run?

Like the sharks are eager to enter the Party Fish Bowl again, so are the affiliates eager to send traffic to Party because this is where many fish wants to go. They have the brand.

NoChance
10-10-2005, 02:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Why would they want me to stop playing on their network for 2 months before allowing me in their club?

[/ QUOTE ]

I too do not understand the need to wait 60 days.

SinCityGuy
10-10-2005, 02:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Maybe we can dream of waking up tomorrow and Party changed their T&amp;C, to not really caring about what the affiliate spends his money on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but that's not going to happen. And I still haven't heard any kind of explanation from these affiliates (who claim to have Party's blessing) who are going to offer rakeback, when it's still patently in violation of Party's terms and conditions (Section 3.2.9). Are we to believe that Party told them, "Oh, don't mind that, it's just there for cosmetic purposes." Or "Don't worry about that. We've been really busy and we just haven't gotten around to revising that page yet.

Somebody had better come up with some definitive information on this, because I guarantee you that those nonrakeback affiliates are going to be all over this again.

jrbick
10-10-2005, 02:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
because I guarantee you that those nonrakeback affiliates are going to be all over this again.

[/ QUOTE ]

SCG,

I'm trying to figure out why these nonrakeback affiliates care if others are offering rakeback. Here's why:

When skins allowed affiliates to offer RB, these Party affiliates obviously were able to maintain some sort of influx of new customers, otherwise they'd be out of the job. How will this be any different? People who are looking for RB will find RB, people who are just signing up to play poker will continue to do that as they did amidst the Skins affiliates, no? I must be missing something.

SinCityGuy
10-10-2005, 03:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm trying to figure out why these nonrakeback affiliates care if others are offering rakeback.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just a wild guess, but they're losing their gravy train because their player base is being stolen from them on re-signups through rakeback affiliates (through the 60 day wait or other creative means).

Look, I'm on the side of the rakeback affiliates, but I'm not going to stick my head in the sand and pretend like everything is OK while there is nothing but silence on how these issues are going to be mitigated.

MyTurn2Raise
10-10-2005, 03:10 AM
jrbrick...one thing the old affiliates are missing out on the chance of signing up someone like me, who grew from a few hundred hand a week hobby into 50k hands/month. That's alot of MGR to take-in. RBs encourage a player like me to find a way to get a new/different account. They'd like it if I didn't feel screwed. Well, that's too harsh a term. The initial deposit bonus was nice at the time, but I've grown into a different type of player. The initial person who signed me up must be loving the action he temporarily got.

jrbick
10-10-2005, 03:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Just a wild guess, but they're losing their gravy train because their player base is being stolen from them on re-signups through rakeback affiliates (through the 60 day wait or other creative means).

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah I just wondered if this was or would even be a problem. I mean yeah, of course it's customers that they rightly claimed, etc. But yeah, that makes sense if you have been referring to their existing customers this whole time.

[ QUOTE ]
Look, I'm on the side of the rakeback affiliates, but I'm not going to stick my head in the sand and pretend like everything is OK while there is nothing but silence on how these issues are going to be mitigated.

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand. We'll just have to wait and see. My understanding so far though, at least with my affiliate, is that they are speaking directly to Party representatives about these topics. Existing account-holders are currently on the table. My guess is that Party is affording at least a smidgen of 'grace' since it's basically clear that they have cut off the skins. To me, the implications are that Party is not that worried about what happens to them, so if they can lure those customers in to them (+value for Party) w/ something like RB, they're probably gonna do it. They saw the success that it brought to the skins. It's clear that Party's intentions are simple: get big....w/o the skins.

jrbick
10-10-2005, 03:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
jrbrick...one thing the old affiliates are missing out on the chance of signing up someone like me, who grew from a few hundred hand a week hobby into 50k hands/month. That's alot of MGR to take-in. RBs encourage a player like me to find a way to get a new/different account. They'd like it if I didn't feel screwed. Well, that's too harsh a term. The initial deposit bonus was nice at the time, but I've grown into a different type of player. The initial person who signed me up must be loving the action he temporarily got.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok I see the issue; current account-holders creating new accounts under a different affiliate.

The only thing I could say to that is, if Party does allow other affiliates to offer RB, then current nonRB affiliates would need to adjust to market climate. This is a business. If Party's attitude towards RB has changed, why would they treat existing nonRB affiliates any different than the way they did the skins?

Vavavoom
10-10-2005, 03:39 AM
I signed up for Party through no affiliate. I'm very curious as to what can be done with regards to my Party account...

I too am waiting for the issue to be resolved so that those with existing accounts can get Rakeback....If that can ever happen...

Patience is a virtue...

SinCityGuy
10-10-2005, 03:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
But yeah, that makes sense if you have been referring to their existing customers this whole time.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, they're talking about existing and new customers. If you go through some of those whining posts over the past few months on the Party Affiliate forum, the nonrakeback affiliates claim that they're handicapped in signing up the new players because a lot of them have already heard of rakeback.

StellarWind
10-10-2005, 03:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If Party's attitude towards RB has changed, why would they treat existing nonRB affiliates any different than the way they did the skins?

[/ QUOTE ]
Because the skins became nothing but misery, but Party still needs the goodwill of the nonrakeback affiliates who supply most of their customers.

Winning players are useful to a poker site but let's not lose perspective. Losing players ultimately pay for everything. Every penny that a Party stockholder, supplier, affiliate, or winning player makes originated in a losing player's pocket.

The rainmakers who deliver the fish are the engine that drives the whole system.

jrbick
10-10-2005, 03:54 AM
I guess I underestimate the nonRB affiliate system. When I wanted to sign up, I just signed up through party directly.

goodguy_1
10-10-2005, 03:57 AM
yea the nonrakeback affiliates are the ones that have made the games great all these years. We still need them happy and functional so they can continue to direct fishies into the games. If they get too pissed off and stop spreading the word-the games will suffer greatly. We need that constant influx of fishies .. or the games will turn to crap.

10-10-2005, 04:19 AM
We had some idea of Partys plans and hinted at it to our larger affiliates so they would be prepared, which they were. Due to Party being a public company they could not let anyone know exactly what would happen without major implications.

There are some Party affiliates who look out for their players and are not fly-by-nighters. It makes sense to investigate who you are signing up under.

It is important to be under an affiliate who will not have accounts closed due to inactivity, can help resolve customer service issues, and can assure you that the association will be long term, even if Party decides to change the rules down the road.

There are affiliates on here that can do that and more.

Also, I can tell you that Partys official stance on rakeback is that they do not allow it and affiliates who advertise Party rakeback on their websites will be history once the dust settles.

&gt; I would very much like to understand how it was that you guys had no idea of this and in fact were informed by your contacts that contracts were renewed, etc. Did the site(s) themselves lie to you or do you work under a sub-affiliate that lied to you? If the guys who control what you get back are willing to screw you over, that makes the situation quite risky for anyone who does business with you. Are you working directly with Party to offer your new deal?

As I said before, I am asking these questions because it seemed like there were a number of people who were aware of what was going on well before you guys, and not only were you guys not aware, you were flat out stating that those people were wrong. I am sure many others like me who would like to get rakeback on Party are in the same position as me and would like to be as informed as possible to make the best decision about who are likely to be solid and stable Party affiliates.

I appreciate whatever info you can provide and thank you for not spamming us like some of these other clowns.

SinCityGuy
10-10-2005, 04:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
We had some idea of Partys plans and hinted at it to our larger affiliates so they would be prepared, which they were. Due to Party being a public company they could not let anyone know exactly what would happen without major implications.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I'm not an insider or an affiliate, but I read some various web articles on Party and Empire regarding their marketing and future plans, along with the affiliate war over rakeback. It seemed pretty obvious to me that something like this was going to happen soon.

[ QUOTE ]
There are some Party affiliates who look out for their players and are not fly-by-nighters. It makes sense to investigate who you are signing up under.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Also, I can tell you that Partys official stance on rakeback is that they do not allow it and affiliates who advertise Party rakeback on their websites will be history once the dust settles.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not the sharpest guy in the world, but I guess I won't be signing up with anyone who advertises Party rakeback on their website.

Kyle Stevenson
10-10-2005, 05:28 AM
A friend was looking into setting up an affiliate account on Party, and was told by their customer service that SNG and tournament fees don't count towards MGR or affiliate payments. If true, this was a dealbreaker for us since our group plays mostly SNGs and tournaments, so we went with a skin instead. But is it true?

There's a lot of chatter in the SNG forum about the Party/skin breakup, and no one seems to be mentioning "even if we can get rakeback it won't help us SNG players", so I'm wondering if we just got bad info from that one CSR.

craig r
10-10-2005, 05:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
A friend was looking into setting up an affiliate account on Party, and was told by their customer service that SNG and tournament fees don't count towards MGR or affiliate payments. If true, this was a dealbreaker for us since our group plays mostly SNGs and tournaments, so we went with a skin instead. But is it true?

There's a lot of chatter in the SNG forum about the Party/skin breakup, and no one seems to be mentioning "even if we can get rakeback it won't help us SNG players", so I'm wondering if we just got bad info from that one CSR.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am 100% positive that you earn rakeback on SNGs and MTTs on the Party Network (Unless Party changed their format with the switch yesterday). But, the MGR is only calculated on the fees obviously.

craig

10-10-2005, 10:08 AM
First of all let me say right up front that I own one of the sites that was mentioned in the thread above.

I haven't posted on 2+2 in a couple years and I lost my old screen id. I'm well known in the Las Vegas Area and several of my customers are frequent posters on 2+2.

It came to my attention late Saturday evening that a link to my site was mentioned in the 2+2 forums after I reviewed my website statistics and saw a huge spike in traffic.

I didn't make these posts, or ask them to post on my behalf. It was simply members of 2+2 responding to other members questions. A couple of the people that had posted links to my website have several hundred posts on this forum, I would hardly qualify that as having bad intentions. They were simply answering a fellow members questions.

I find it slightly amusing that all the links to the different sites have been deleted but the links to the moderators sites are still active. Isn't this slightly hypocritical?

Is this a sponsored forum? Do the moderators pay to have only their links in the forum? If not, then they should remove their own links as well.

A couple other members have commented that their posts have been deleted even though they didn't mention any url's, etc

Certainly, there is nothing wrong with a forum being moderated to control spam, but shouldn't the moderator be subject to the same rules?

I realize RakeBack isn't even supposed to be discussed in any of the forums according to the FAQ's and Terms of Agreement, but the recent changes with Party Poker and their skins is a very important change that effects a large number of 2+2 posters. There are also multiple posts on this subject and if the rules were followed strictly these posts would be deleted.

Control the spam, but let the relevant information reach the members of 2+2, thats the whole idea behind a forum, the sharing of information and knowledge.

I hope my post isn't deleted, show some integrity as the moderator of this forum and let the members of 2+2 decide for themselves. 2+2 has always had the most intelligent poker community on the internet, they are more than capable of making decisions on their own.

Jason <font color="black"> </font>

Larimani
10-10-2005, 10:20 AM
Dude, this is a sponsored forum. The moderators have paid for the privilege. Chill.

10-10-2005, 10:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Losing players ultimately pay for everything. Every penny that a Party stockholder, supplier, affiliate, or winning player makes originated in a losing player's pocket.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is incorrect. We all pay and make profit for the poker rooms - it's called rake. Losing players give their money to winning players. It doesn't end up in the hands of poker rooms. Everyone pays rake.

splashpot
10-10-2005, 10:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Losing players ultimately pay for everything. Every penny that a Party stockholder, supplier, affiliate, or winning player makes originated in a losing player's pocket.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is incorrect. We all pay and make profit for the poker rooms - it's called rake. Losing players give their money to winning players. It doesn't end up in the hands of poker rooms. Everyone pays rake.

[/ QUOTE ]
Key word: ultimately. Ultimately losing players lose, poker rooms make money, and winning players make money. Therefore losing players pay for everything.

tommo
10-10-2005, 12:29 PM
doesn't it seem like there is a flaw in the logic here?

by myself I pay over $8k a month in rake. I'm sure I cover atleast a couple fish.

[ QUOTE ]
ultimately losing players lose, poker rooms make money, and winning players make money. Therefore losing players pay for everything

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry, you can't just throw the word "therefore" in and assume you've made a proof. The truth is, the more you play poker the more the site makes off of you. Fish are important because they generate more traffic on the site. The majority of players/hour are fish =&gt; that party makes most of its money off of fish. But sharks definitely add a great deal of money.

sqvirrel
10-10-2005, 01:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
sorry, you can't just throw the word "therefore" in and assume you've made a proof. The truth is, the more you play poker the more the site makes off of you. Fish are important because they generate more traffic on the site. The majority of players/hour are fish =&gt; that party makes most of its money off of fish. But sharks definitely add a great deal of money.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is incorrect. If you are extracting money from the site then the site is making nothing from you. They would be much better off with fish passing chips back and forth with a few trickling down the rake-hole each time.

splashpot
10-10-2005, 01:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
doesn't it seem like there is a flaw in the logic here?

by myself I pay over $8k a month in rake. I'm sure I cover atleast a couple fish.

[ QUOTE ]
ultimately losing players lose, poker rooms make money, and winning players make money. Therefore losing players pay for everything

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Do you people not understand what the word "ultimately" means?

ultimately adv
1: as the end result of a succession or process
2: after everything has been considered

The FINAL RESULT is that losing players lose, poker sites make money, and winning players make money. THEREFORE, ultimately, losing players pay for everything. This is correct.

EvanJC
10-10-2005, 01:35 PM
wrong

Nietzsche
10-10-2005, 03:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is incorrect. If you are extracting money from the site then the site is making nothing from you. They would be much better off with fish passing chips back and forth with a few trickling down the rake-hole each time.

[/ QUOTE ]
The site is making money from you. It is just that you make even more money from the fish than the site makes off of you. So naturally they are very keen on having you continue to play at their site.

StacysMom
10-10-2005, 03:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is wrong. If all sharks leave, former fish become sharks as they are now the best players and have a positive EV. They will now be taking money off the site as they are winning players. But now, there are less games/players as the former sharks are gone.

SO its best for the sites to bring in volume of players, even if they are experts.

tommo
10-10-2005, 04:38 PM
I agree. Although I think there are probably 2 subtle points here.

1. I think party probably gets interest on the money that it currently has at its site. so you withdrawing money = less interest on the money

2. every dollar cashed out is 1 less dollar being circulated on the tables. IF everyone was a winning player (which is impossible) then party would be out of business pretty quick. In previous responses it is correct that losing players are what run the system ie. keep money in circulation.

3. However, So long as there is X money in circulation on party poker, ignoring #1 party doesn't really care whether you are a winning player or losing player they are still making money off of you.

Azizal
10-10-2005, 05:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A "deal" ? That is misleading. Everyone who has an affiliate program with Party can see the trackers.

I seriously doubt anyone with an existing account will be able to switch over.

Azizal
10-10-2005, 05:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What happens when you don't keep bringing Party customers? How long has your Mom had an account? I am pretty sure that Party (you can do a search on the forums) can/will put a hold on rakeback if you don't bring them customers for a certain amount of time.

craig

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been running an affiliate program for over a year and I've never heard this. Where do you think you read/heard this?

Inthacup
10-10-2005, 05:59 PM
I know of several affiliates that have had accounts suspended due to inactivity at Party. The only way they the accounts would be re-activated would be to sign up a new player.

Cup

Wintermute
10-10-2005, 07:42 PM
Mention all this at the raketracker website. It's a pain in the ass to sort through all the garbage threads here to find out what's going to happen with rakeback through you guys.

craig r
10-10-2005, 07:56 PM
We are going to be putting something up soon. I don't have access to the "technical" end of things.

craig

Victor
10-11-2005, 12:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is wrong. If all sharks leave, former fish become sharks as they are now the best players and have a positive EV. They will now be taking money off the site as they are winning players. But now, there are less games/players as the former sharks are gone.

SO its best for the sites to bring in volume of players, even if they are experts.

[/ QUOTE ]

bravo!!!!!!!!

10-11-2005, 07:59 AM
The site that I got RB on before now offers rakeback on Partypoker.com and that is a very thrustable site. I dont know if I am allowed to write the site here. But niow you know now that RB on party isnt hard to get and now is accepted from Partypoker themselves.

10-11-2005, 09:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The site that I got RB on before now offers rakeback on Partypoker.com and that is a very thrustable site. I dont know if I am allowed to write the site here. But niow you know now that RB on party isnt hard to get and now is accepted from Partypoker themselves.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. Now we know. I will definitely sleep better tonight. Thanks for clearing this up. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

10-11-2005, 09:21 AM
Received this from my RB provider for Empire:

"We are currently in discussion with Party Poker regarding offering rakeback to all of you. Once we have confirmation that this is permitted and not against the affiliate terms and conditions, we will of course be contacting each of you to get something set up. Currently, things are looking *promising*. We of course want to make sure that everything is on the up-and-up, so that we can get this right the first time."

Guess I'll wait and see.

AA suited
10-11-2005, 01:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

News accounts only?

Yes.

[/ QUOTE ] NoChance wrote:

[/ QUOTE ]

cancel existing acct? start new one?!

I've done it. canceled one acct, started new acct a week later. same name + addr, diff email addr

but it was pre-Party Secession.

10-12-2005, 08:54 AM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">Svar till:</font><hr />
We are going to be putting something up soon. I don't have access to the "technical" end of things.

craig

[/ QUOTE ]

Will it come a solution for this soon?