PDA

View Full Version : It's not the end of the world, but this can't be real can it?

arizona
10-08-2005, 09:09 PM
I don't know anything about business law, but surely all the skins must have it in writing somewhere that they have access to the entire party poker network. They must have something that prevents party from chopping off 90% of their player base, right?
Anyways, there are other sites that offer rakeback. Between the cryptos, absolute, and ultimate bet, I'm sure I can find at least 4 tables worth playing and probalby get a higher rb percentage than I have now.

tonypaladino
10-08-2005, 09:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't know anything about business law, but surely all the skins must have it in writing somewhere that they have access to the entire party poker network.

[/ QUOTE ]

If that were true, do you think they would have done this? Party may not be a perfectly run company, but I'm fairly sure they know what their own contracts with the skins allow them to do.

ihardlyknowher
10-08-2005, 09:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't know anything about business law, but surely all the skins must have it in writing somewhere that they have access to the entire party poker network. They must have something that prevents party from chopping off 90% of their player base, right?
Anyways, there are other sites that offer rakeback. Between the cryptos, absolute, and ultimate bet, I'm sure I can find at least 4 tables worth playing and probalby get a higher rb percentage than I have now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then why weren't the 50 & 100 games available to the skins before?

MicroBob
10-08-2005, 09:22 PM
Hell, they could just say that the contracts are void because all of those skins have been violating the T&C's by tolerating the rake-back as much as they have.

Their affiliates spam the party-tables with rake-back offers on empire and euro.

And god-only-knows where the contracts were actually signed or what legal recourse any skins could have.

I'm no expert either...but everything points to the idea that Party can (and will) pretty much do whatever the hell they want.

10-08-2005, 09:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ever seen Jerry McGuire?