PDA

View Full Version : Turn question mostly.

Carmine
10-08-2005, 08:08 PM
But evaluate all streets.

SB was loose. CC UTG raises with 55/Ax in UTG+1 kinda loose. Just fishy all around. Rest of the table is somewhat tight including UTG+1. I've been card dead for an hour and only been stealing blinds from MP every now and then.

Party Poker 3.00/6.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(10 handed)</font> link (http://www.darksun.lunarpages.com/poker/)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (10.00 SB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero checks.

River: (6.50 BB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 8.50 BB.

TheHammer24
10-09-2005, 01:56 AM
Yuck. I'm bet folding the Turn, because I think it is correct to call the river as played. Betting the turn, then is slightly more EV+ because you can take a free showdown, fold a better hand, and get more bets when you improve.

Harv72b
10-09-2005, 02:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Yuck. I'm bet folding the Turn, because I think it is correct to call the river as played.

[/ QUOTE ]

Calling a river bet is fine here. Overcalling a river bet on this board isn't. Easy fold when UTG+1 calls SB's river lead.

I also like checking through on the turn, although I don't think that firing again with the intention of folding to a c/r or checking through UI on the river is too bad either. The flop is about as drawless as they come, and while SB is perfectly capable of calling your flop bet with A high or worse, UTG+1 probably isn't calling it with a worse hand than your nines. Remember that most people (or at least, people who think about these things) automatically assign a preflop 3-bettor AA-TT or AK; his flop call likely means that he can beat at least the lower end of that spectrum, possibly with a hand like KQ.

If it turns out that UTG+1 did call the flop bet with AQ &amp; your nines would've been good....well, them's the breaks sometimes. Make a note on UTG+1 &amp; wait for the next hand.

TheHammer24
10-09-2005, 02:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yuck. I'm bet folding the Turn, because I think it is correct to call the river as played.

[/ QUOTE ]

Calling a river bet is fine here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Overcalling is really bad. I posted rather hastily, and neglected to take that in, so I suppose you can treat my advice as if it was HU. And that being said, I find your reasoning very helpful.

Carmine
10-09-2005, 08:59 AM
Thanks guys. Yeah, I posted because sb turned over AQ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif and UTG+1 called with 66. I checked the turn because UTG+1 was pretty tight and once that K fell that left AQ maybe 88 that I beat. I seen him limp AJ in that spot previous and that makes me assume he would be more inclined to limp a small PP upfront if play it at all. I also figured he folds AQ on the flop in fear of domination.

I felt better when the 2nd K fell on the river until I was facing an overcall. Even though SB was loose he wasn't really the bluffing type that I had noticed. Would you have called the river bet or the flop bet for that matter with 66?

pokerjunky
10-09-2005, 10:59 AM
Calling down with 66 here would be a pretty bad leak IMO.