PDA

View Full Version : how much will learning ICM help?

10-08-2005, 08:00 PM
Ive been reading hands on 2+2 and pushing the bubble on feel. Most pushes seem pretty obvious to me. Do I need to go ahead and learn ICM and all the exact math?

I feel the bubble is the ONE thing I can play perfect because it is pretty much all math. So do I go back and review all my bubble hands with ICM or what? And is eastbays SNGPT the only way to do this?

I gotta do anything to get better, thxs for replys

Shilly
10-08-2005, 08:04 PM
ICM? WTF man! The whole poker universe is collapsing and you're making a post about I-C-M?!?!?!?

Just kidding. SNGPT is nice, and will help you improve a lot. However, a lot of the bubble pushing stuff is intuitive anyways.

10-08-2005, 11:47 PM
OMG im blind, the poker worlds breaking down.

I logged onto party and empire today, sat back, and cried.

Guthrie
10-09-2005, 12:20 AM
But at least your post was "on topic" so the moderator allowed it to live.

Isura
10-09-2005, 12:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
However, a lot of the bubble pushing stuff is non-intuitive.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP.

BadMongo
10-09-2005, 01:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
it is pretty much all math.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you realize this, then I'd say the answer to your question is pretty obvious.

sahala
10-09-2005, 11:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I gotta do anything to get better, thxs for replys

[/ QUOTE ]

ICM and good bubble play made a huge difference for me in getting ITM with a healthy to awesome stack. There are games where I am actually dissapointed when the baby stack busts out. I was doing ICM manually (do a search for a how-to) before I realized that the time it takes to go through HHs is costing me more than the price of buying Eastbay's program and having it automatically run through hands.