PDA

View Full Version : News To Stock Holders, Don't Panic, Technical Issue

10-08-2005, 07:51 PM
Yes, I just registered for these forums. I have lurked on them off and on before, but have never had need to post.

I am a casual online poker player, but more importantly, I represent a company with a significant number of stocks in many online gaming companies, including those on the Party Network. At the most recent convention, a high level Party official and I shot the [censored], and it ended with him and I golfing the next day.

I still had his mobile number from the encounter, and just called him. He said he was aware of an issue they were having right now, but had been assured by the staff that it would be fixed before anyone noticed (which would explain the lack of announcement). I told him about the chaos it is causing and he said it is most likely just the other Party staff covering their asses.

Cliff notes: it's a technical issue that has not been reported because the Party network is out of touch with the real world.

admiralfluff
10-08-2005, 07:52 PM
if you're [censored] aroudn you will make me cry.

/images/graemlins/frown.gif

KingMedicine
10-08-2005, 07:53 PM
what are you talking about?
are you saying that the fact the skins' games arent linked to the party games might be a technical issue?
or are you referring to something else?

TylerD
10-08-2005, 07:54 PM
i don't believe you somehow.

10-08-2005, 07:55 PM
I'm not saying the skin games not being linked might be a technical issue, I'm saying it IS a technical issue.

Do you realize the liability the network would open itself up to if they had made a change of this magnitude without informing stock holders? They would lose everything in a lawsuit to the skins and their stockholders.

KramerTM
10-08-2005, 08:00 PM
Can someone confirm this?

KingMedicine
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not saying the skin games not being linked might be a technical issue, I'm saying it IS a technical issue.

Do you realize the liability the network would open itself up to if they had made a change of this magnitude without informing stock holders? They would lose everything in a lawsuit to the skins and their stockholders.

[/ QUOTE ]

please, god, please dont let this guy just be another troll.

Voltron87
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree with everything in this post

Unabridged
10-08-2005, 08:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly, there is no way they would risk this. these are publicly traded companies, not mafia bookmakers.

i'm assuming they haven't got around to making the updates to the skin software, so they are just letting them play on their own network instead of keeping them offline for another half day.

admiralfluff
10-08-2005, 08:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

but I really, really want to.

pshabi
I'm god. He's a troll. Sigh. God will miss rakeback.

craig r
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly, there is no way they would risk this. these are publicly traded companies, not mafia bookmakers.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not saying the OP is wrong or right, but to use the reasoning that Party is a publicly traded company and wouldn't do anything shady is kind of ridiculous.

craig

cardcounter0
10-08-2005, 08:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
these are publicly traded companies, not mafia bookmakers.

[/ QUOTE ]

there is a difference between mafia bookmakers and publicly traded companies?
/images/graemlins/confused.gif

KramerTM
10-08-2005, 08:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

but I really, really want to.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey... Gilad's friend. What's up man?! This fiasco must really be pissing you off, huh?

IggyWH
10-08-2005, 08:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I am not saying the OP is wrong or right, but to use the reasoning that Party is a publicly traded company and wouldn't do anything shady is kind of ridiculous.

craig

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct, and who of us has actually read the contract Party has with its skins? My guess would be a big ZERO, so none of us know what Party can and cannot do. We just assume, and we all know that saying...

cardcounter0
10-08-2005, 08:07 PM
I think if past track record is any indication, always assume the worst possible scenario in regards to Party.

10-08-2005, 08:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]

i'm assuming they haven't got around to making the updates to the skin software, so they are just letting them play on their own network instead of keeping them offline for another half day.

[/ QUOTE ]

The software updates are most likely only for Blackjack and some of the newer features (Sidebets) that they implemented. Everything dealing with the skins is on their own servers and has nothing to do with the software that's running on your computer. There's no way they would take their servers offline just to introduce Blackjack and these other new features. I don't think it's a "flick of the switch" type of thing to turn the skins on or off. The servers were most likely taken off to seperate the skins from Party.

I hope I'm wrong about this, but I just can't see Party taking their servers offline on a weekend to add blackjack.

10-08-2005, 08:18 PM
You guys really have worked yourselves up into a frothing mass of panic.

Trust me, turn off the monitor and go to the bar. When you wake up tomorrow everything will be back to the way it was and you will all look back on how rediculous the reaction to a software issue was.

10-08-2005, 08:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
They don't call this place the zoo for nothing. Someone hides their bananas and all the monkeys start rattling their cages and snarling at the zookeeper

SackUp
10-08-2005, 08:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
They don't call this place the zoo for nothing. Someone hides their bananas and all the monkeys start rattling their cages and snarling at the zookeeper

[/ QUOTE ]

hahahahah

A true POTD

IggyWH
10-08-2005, 08:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Take away all the bonus & rakeback threads and what else do we have to talk about?

This is like finding a the Hope Diamond for the Z00.

oscark
10-08-2005, 08:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I represent a company with a significant number of stocks in many online gaming companies

[/ QUOTE ]

Although I would love to believe this guy, come on people.

Wabby
10-08-2005, 08:30 PM
After all this IS a major update. More tables at skins, deal making, blackjack, sidebets, etc.

There could be an argument in running this update as a test on Party alone for a few hours, before updating the skins.

Worst thing is that our panic, may have given them a good idea for the future!

BottlesOf
10-08-2005, 08:30 PM
I hope this is for real. If it turns out you are making this up, you will be banned so hard.

psyduck
10-08-2005, 08:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I hope this is for real. If it turns out you are making this up, you will be banned so hard.

[/ QUOTE ]

hahahaha there are different types of bans?

"banned so hard" <-- this cracked me up

Voltron87
10-08-2005, 08:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG you show him super internet mod!

KingMedicine
10-08-2005, 08:56 PM
f-in trolltard.

10-08-2005, 08:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Trust me, turn off the monitor and go to the bar. When you wake up tomorrow everything will be back to the way it was and you will all look back on how rediculous the reaction to a software issue was.

[/ QUOTE ]

Drink heavily and don't wake up tomorrow.

billyjex
10-08-2005, 08:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
if you're [censored] aroudn you will make me cry.

/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

better get that tissue..

10-08-2005, 09:00 PM
I wasn't aware party gaming released all press releases to 2+2 before they released them on their own website or to their stockholders. 2+2 must be really important !

kenberman
10-08-2005, 09:01 PM
either way, you've benn outed. you can go away now

IggyWH
10-08-2005, 09:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I wasn't aware party gaming released all press releases to 2+2 before they released them on their own website or to their stockholders. 2+2 must be really important !

[/ QUOTE ]

Took you 4 posts to figure that out? Damn nubz

BottlesOf
10-08-2005, 09:03 PM
i'm glad, that was the intention /images/graemlins/smile.gif

BottlesOf
10-08-2005, 09:03 PM
you don't have much of a sense of humor, huh?