PDA

View Full Version : PokerStars and Rakeback

KramerTM
10-08-2005, 07:43 PM
Think it'll happen now in response to the move by Party? Would be a brilliant counter by Stars, IMO. Maybe I should wait on signing up for Stars.

POKhER
10-08-2005, 07:44 PM
TBH, it wont be that great if it does and the original guys dont get it.

Will suck for me, i wont get it ... therefore its a no win anyhow. Would be a smart move though.

daryn
10-08-2005, 07:46 PM
nah, i think pokerstars will just continue making money and being happy.

i laugh at all the guys dependant on rakeback

KramerTM
10-08-2005, 07:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Will suck for me, i wont get it

[/ QUOTE ].

Agreed.

[ QUOTE ]
Would be a smart move though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed.

TylerD
10-08-2005, 07:51 PM
think its unlikely to happen, but if it did i doubt it would exclusively be for new accounts.

KramerTM
10-08-2005, 07:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
think its unlikely to happen, but if it did i doubt it would exclusively be for new accounts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point. This would be yet ANOTHER brilliant move. Dude, we should go into business together. And if all doesn't work out, we can just run off with people's money like Dutch Boyds et al. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

bugstud
10-08-2005, 07:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

we appreciate it

Uglyowl
10-08-2005, 07:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are passing on the chance of increasing your earnings power, I laugh at you.

KingMedicine
10-08-2005, 07:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

we appreciate it

[/ QUOTE ]

yea, wtf?

TylerD
10-08-2005, 07:56 PM
daryn's smug because he never bothered to get rakeback so he doesn't know what he's been missing. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

KramerTM
10-08-2005, 07:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This guy will be pelted to death with some small, hard objects before he reaches his 10,000th post. Just a prediction.

Voltron87
10-08-2005, 07:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

so do i, i dont depend on rakeback at all but hey its less money a month, it sucks

billyjex
10-08-2005, 08:01 PM
I'm not dependent on rakeback, but it makes a big difference. I estimate I can make ~120k a year playing poker, and about 30k of that is rakeback. That's a lot of cash.

Sorry Daryn we can't all play 100/200.

Sponger15SB
10-08-2005, 08:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Was this directed at me? I can't tell....

*whistles*

ps you're a dick

Paragon
10-08-2005, 08:33 PM
It'd be nice if there was a method to simply exchange FPPs for real money. Generally, you get 5 FPPs per $1 in tournament entry fees. Their bonuses are generally setup so you have to earn 5x the FPPs to get the bonus, so that's essentially 100% rakeback over however many hands it takes you to reach your bonus amount...

If you could trade back 25 FPPs for $1 in real money at any time that would be a *huge* incentive I think. Even 50 FPPs would be reasonable... Not all of us want to play satellites to $10k tournies or buy merchandise, although obviously the reasoning behind those options is that we'd be promoting PokerStars for them.

DanS
10-08-2005, 08:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not dependent on rakeback, but it makes a big difference. I estimate I can make ~120k a year playing poker, and about 30k of that is rakeback. That's a lot of cash.

Sorry Daryn we can't all play 100/200.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here. People make it sound like rakeback is only seriously benefitting people who really suck. Well, thanks to the awesome new $3 6 max rake, my last clump of 5/10 6 max hands is about $10,000 each in profit and rakeback. With 30% rakeback, I take nearly 2/3 of the money that I pull out of circulation. Without rakeback, Empire and I split it 50/50.

So everyone stop with the condescending [censored] bullshit like rakeback only matters to fish. 3k a month in rakeback is the mortgage on a nice [censored] house.

Dan

Lawrence Ng
10-08-2005, 10:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have good friends whose livelihoods and families depend on other players earning rakeback. It's a full time job for them to do this and they put in a honest day's work doing it.

I sure hope you don't ever get [censored] over on your job when you have a family and huge bills to pay.

Lawrence

jason_t
10-08-2005, 10:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're generally spot on, but this is way off the mark and demonstrates a gross misunderstanding of the situation and the consequences of recent events.

Even lots of really solid players just had their bottom line cut by thousands of dollars per month.

Jimbo
10-08-2005, 10:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Even lots of really solid players just had their bottom line cut by thousands of dollars.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why should anyone that doesn't have rakeback care? You rakeback collectors were smart, no doubt. However you are taking money out of the pockets of players who do not have rakeback. Or do you not understand that?

daryn
10-08-2005, 10:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are passing on the chance of increasing your earnings power, I laugh at you.

[/ QUOTE ]

keep laughing while i beat soft games on pokerstars, maybe if you laugh hard enough you will magically move up in limits and/or become good enough to win at poker without rakeback

daryn
10-08-2005, 10:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
daryn's smug because he never bothered to get rakeback so he doesn't know what he's been missing. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

this is not true, i have rakeback on eurobet, i just rarely play there and therefore do not mind if rakeback is eliminated

daryn
10-08-2005, 10:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have good friends whose livelihoods and families depend on other players earning rakeback. It's a full time job for them to do this and they put in a honest day's work doing it.

I sure hope you don't ever get [censored] over on your job when you have a family and huge bills to pay.

Lawrence

[/ QUOTE ]

just pay your damn rake and STFU

Voltron87
10-08-2005, 10:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lawrence

[/ QUOTE ]

they sure provide a valuable service to society....

if i had a family and kids i sure as hell wouldnt plan on only supporting them with poker and bonuses to the point where losing rakeback could put them in trouble.

krazyace5
10-08-2005, 10:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lots of jobs don't....

Jimbo
10-08-2005, 10:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lots of jobs don't....

[/ QUOTE ]

Name all of them.

jason_t
10-08-2005, 10:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Even lots of really solid players just had their bottom line cut by thousands of dollars.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why should anyone that doesn't have rakeback care? You rakeback collectors were smart, no doubt. However you are taking money out of the pockets of players who do not have rakeback. Or do you not understand that?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't; how were rakeback collectors taking money from those that do not have rakeback?

Voltron87
10-08-2005, 10:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't; how were rakeback collectors taking money from those that do not have rakeback?

[/ QUOTE ]

in the grand scheme of things if a site gives a bunch of people their money back other customers will have to be charged more

jason_t
10-08-2005, 10:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

keep laughing while i beat soft games on pokerstars, maybe if you laugh hard enough you will magically move up in limits and/or become good enough to win at poker without rakeback

[/ QUOTE ]

One possible effect that this will have on the games is that those that were marginally winning with rakeback will now end up playing less. Removing a horde of marginal winners from the games will make the games better.

istewart
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

in the grand scheme of things if a site gives a bunch of people their money back other customers will have to be charged more

[/ QUOTE ]

Party Poker is run on a 1995 Mac by 3 Arabs named Khaleel, Dashiki, and Robitsayu. There is no grand scheme of things.

daryn
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

One possible effect that this will have on the games is that those that were marginally winning with rakeback will now end up playing less. Removing a horde of marginal winners from the games will make the games better.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree

Voltron87
10-08-2005, 11:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Party Poker is run on a 1995 Mac by 3 Arabs named Khaleel, Dashiki, and Robitsayu. There is no grand scheme of things.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no idea why this is funny, but I'm laughign right now.

Jimbo
10-08-2005, 11:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Every online poker room sets aside a certain amount or percentage of money for marketing. This includes bringing new fish to the sites, general deposit bonuses, money added to tournaments and so on.

For any rake they lose to affilliates that is less money available for the other promotions I mentioned above which are available to nearly everyone.

primetime32
10-08-2005, 11:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Line of the night.

krazyace5
10-08-2005, 11:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Whats the difference if the affiliate keeps it all or if they give their referrals a cut of it? There isn't one.