PDA

View Full Version : decimation of internet poker

10-08-2005, 07:19 PM
It's a very sad day in internet poker history. death to Party (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=3617362&page=0&view=e xpanded&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1)

woodguy
10-08-2005, 07:40 PM
30,000 on Party now....
No MTTs registering though....strange.

43,000 on Stars

Regards,
Woodguy

JeanieJ
10-08-2005, 07:43 PM
Very depressing. I've been using rakeback for motivation to move up limits and recently moved up to the $100 tables. But I would rather play on a busy network so off to Party I will go. Also I cant get on Multipoker /images/graemlins/confused.gif, half of my roll is on there.

pfkaok
10-08-2005, 07:45 PM
Yes. this sucks. althouh it might work out as it'll give me more motivation to keep working on my game so i can beat the bigger NL games and not have to worry about no rakeback.

would be nice if they had some tourneys today too.

Prime Time
10-08-2005, 07:48 PM
They just updated their S/w.
It will be back by 2nite.

Ulysses
10-08-2005, 08:16 PM
Overreaction. Only people hugely affected today imo are mediocre to bad multi-tablers.

Annulus
10-08-2005, 08:18 PM
I guess I didn't realize how lucrative this whole rakeback thing was for many. This won't affect me at all. I play mainly on partypoker and it has been a very good side income for me for the last year.

with that being said how is this the decimation of online poker? im sure many pros who make a living off rakeback will be affected, but for guys like me and many others life goes on....

billyjex
10-08-2005, 08:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Overreaction. Only people hugely affected today imo are mediocre to bad multi-tablers.

[/ QUOTE ]

ugggggh you play huge games and can't relate to an average 10/20 grinder (I'm sure you have worked your way up but you are long gone from those days.) listen, i make 1.5bb/100 at 10/20, and over the course of a year i will make say 120k. I will lose 30k because of rakeback. That is nothing to sneeze at.

I am not going broke because of this but I am losing a lot of money.

pfkaok
10-08-2005, 08:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah. luckily i've switched to NL recently. so i'm in the transition stage from mediocre/bad multitabler to decent poker player. ( i hope)

Ulysses
10-08-2005, 08:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ugggggh you play huge games and can't relate to an average 10/20 grinder (I'm sure you have worked your way up but you are long gone from those days.) listen, i make 1.5bb/100 at 10/20, and over the course of a year i will make say 120k. I will lose 30k because of rakeback. That is nothing to sneeze at.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, the main reason I can't relate is that I moved up from 1/2 to 15/30 pretty fast without getting rakeback. There was some period of time when I played 10/20-6 and got rakeback and it was nice, but I never made much at all from rakeback, in terms of percentage of earn. Sure, it was extra money and nice, but never was a signficant part of what I made from poker.

I understand that it is a big deal for players like you. However, my point is that it is only a "DEVASTATING OMFG INTERNET POKER IS OVER" type event for the poor/mediocre guys.

sirio11
10-08-2005, 08:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I guess I didn't realize how lucrative this whole rakeback thing was for many. This won't affect me at all. I play mainly on partypoker and it has been a very good side income for me for the last year.

with that being said how is this the decimation of online poker? im sure many pros who make a living off rakeback will be affected, but for guys like me and many others life goes on....

[/ QUOTE ]

bugstud
10-08-2005, 08:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, the main reason I can't relate is that I moved up from 1/2 to 15/30 pretty fast without getting rakeback. There was some period of time when I played 10/20-6 and got rakeback and it was nice, but I never made much at all from rakeback, in terms of percentage of earn. Sure, it was extra money and nice, but never was a signficant part of what I made from poker.

I understand that it is a big deal for players like you. However, my point is that it is only a "DEVASTATING OMFG INTERNET POKER IS OVER" type event for the poor/mediocre guys.

[/ QUOTE ]

well, instead of having a few thousand/mo as downswing insurance and sure income to pay bills and whatnot, I don't have that. Kinda big, imo. It affects hugely multitablers foing it for a living, basically, and the affiliates that provide. I'm sure people like stox are not happy.

Prime Time
10-08-2005, 08:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It's a very sad day in internet poker history. death to Party (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=3617362&page=0&view=e xpanded&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1)

[/ QUOTE ]

This realy sucks!
The affiliate site is kaput.
I can't log in.
And worst of all, I had acrude cash that I never cashed out.

Fcuk, Fcuk Fcuk! /images/graemlins/blush.gif

NLfool
10-08-2005, 09:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

or people who like to play autopilot 15 VPIP. meh 15/30 at 1.4 BB without thinking was a good money while it lasted.

blufish
10-08-2005, 09:46 PM
Pardon my ignorance, but I'm not getting the rakeback drama. When they say you get back 25%, what exactly does that mean?

Isura
10-08-2005, 10:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. This effects most players that play online for a living. It only really doesn't effect the very small percentage of online pros that play in the 50/100 and above range regularily.

SoBeDude
10-08-2005, 10:11 PM
Quick!

run around in circles shouting:

"The sky is falling! The sky is falling!"

-Scott

SoBeDude
10-08-2005, 10:18 PM
I had acrude cash

hmm.

10-08-2005, 10:39 PM
Good thing I play out of my basement.

10-08-2005, 11:39 PM
I was the same boat you were 3 hrs ago when i learned about it,

Basically, most of the people around here play say 10 tables at a time at a 100+10 type enviroment.

That +10 that normally(if you are unaware of rakeback) goes directly to the house, in this instance it would be 100$ (10x10) now if you ahve 25% rakeback you get 25% of that back, IE 25$, doesnt seem like much. But from what i gather there are people out there who 8 table+ and play like 90 tournaments a day(or something crazy) as you see now the math of it all adds up and eventually really hurts.

bugstud
10-09-2005, 07:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I was the same boat you were 3 hrs ago when i learned about it,

Basically, most of the people around here play say 10 tables at a time at a 100+10 type enviroment.

That +10 that normally(if you are unaware of rakeback) goes directly to the house, in this instance it would be 100$ (10x10) now if you ahve 25% rakeback you get 25% of that back, IE 25$, doesnt seem like much. But from what i gather there are people out there who 8 table+ and play like 90 tournaments a day(or something crazy) as you see now the math of it all adds up and eventually really hurts.

[/ QUOTE ]

guys who played a lot of SH earned 2k-5k a month in rakeback. fullring like 2-4k. sngs maybe even more, depends on level and amount per day. all of whom this was like 25% of their earn, roughly...and now its gone.

Prime Time
10-09-2005, 06:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I had acrude cash

hmm.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doo U thinck engeneers kan spel?
Who cares?

curtains
10-09-2005, 06:58 PM
My God, everyone is overreacting to this so much. It's basically not a big deal at all.

bugstud
10-09-2005, 06:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]

My God, everyone is overreacting to this so much. It's basically not a big deal at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

you weren't around for the first 3 hours of panic. It looked pretty bad then, and even now the whole existing party account thing might be iffy.