PDA

View Full Version : So how did I do?

CJC
05-24-2003, 01:44 AM
Hola Posters!! ( So I thought I'd be different this time )

Here was a weird 5 handed 5-10 hand.

9 /forums/images/icons/club.gif to my left is low. Brings it in for $2
A /forums/images/icons/club.gif COMPLETES to $5
A /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif CALLS
A /forums/images/icons/spade.gif CALLS
(8 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif 9 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif )10 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif ME CALLS $5

Forced low folds.

4th
-----
A /forums/images/icons/club.gif 10 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif BETS $5
A /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif 5 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif FOLDS
A /forums/images/icons/spade.gif 7 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif FOLDS
(8 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif 9 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif )10 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif 7 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif ME CALLS $5

5th
---
LONE OPPONENT--A /forums/images/icons/club.gif 10 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif 3 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif
ME--(8 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif 9 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif )10 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif 7 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif5 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif

He BETS $10 and I RAISE to $20.. HE CALLS..

6TH
-----
We both catch rags. ( A five and three,respectively for the detailed oriented.. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif )

He checks. I bet $10.. He calls.

River
------
I catch complete rag. Giving me nothing. I bet $10.. HE folds.

Actually as I finish typing this, the more I realize this is a pretty straightforward hand. But I'll post it anyway.. there is bound to be some comment on it..

Later,

CJ

Andy B
05-24-2003, 10:49 AM
I think you played it more or less perfectly. I might have raised fourth street as a possible free card play. I don't always take the free card on fifth, but I like to have that option. If there were another player or two in, I'd usually make that raise.

I was going to comment on a similar four-handed $6/12 hand that I played recently, except that I made the fourth street raise, I made a straight on fifth, made a flush on sixth, and didn't get paid off. So maybe it wasn't that similar. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif My door card wasn't even in the flush suit. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

SittingBull
05-25-2003, 06:16 AM
U on when u raised 5th? All 3 of your cards were semi-dead U had no Str8 possibilty,no completed flush possible.
U hit a rag on 6th. What did u think that he believed that u had when u continued to drive?
BTW,how do u rate this player??
Just wondering, /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif
SittingBull

MRBAA
05-25-2003, 05:51 PM
Bad fold by your opponent -- he probably had an unimproved small pocket pair and overplayed it given that aces were so dead. Or maybe he had a club draw and hit a small pair along the way. I have about $100 in the pot including your bet, so he is getting 10-1 to make a crying call. Good river bet and good raise on fifth.

btw, Randy and I will be at Mohegan this coming Saturday
(5/31) between about 2 p.m. -midnight. I'll be splitting my time between 5-10 stud and 3-6he, so if you want to take some of my money come on down. Just don't expect me to fold to your river bets if I can beat your board....

CJC
05-26-2003, 12:15 AM
Hey MRB,

Yes, I will try to make it up there on Saturday. Send me a private message with more details as they become available.

Just don't expect me to fold to your river bets if I can beat your board....

Exactly what I hope you do... /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

CJ

Graham
05-29-2003, 09:28 AM
I like your play of the hand: it's giving you another way to win by taking over the betting and continuing to charge through all later streets. Many players - certainly many of the ones I face online and also often me too - would take their foot off the pedal at some point and take the free card with no improvement. The way you played gave you the best prospects for success for your river bluff.

G

Al_Capone_Junior
05-29-2003, 12:22 PM
Against this opponent, I would be much more inclined to bet the river. What could he have possibly had that was worth a call on 5th of your raise, and your bet on 6th, that wasn't worth a call on the river?

The hand itself, you played just fine. Keep betting into this guy on the end though, at least until he catches you bluffing.

al

34TheTruth34
06-02-2003, 11:28 AM
Against this opponent, I would be much more inclined to bet the river. What could he have possibly had that was worth a call on 5th of your raise, and your bet on 6th, that wasn't worth a call on the river?

It sounds to me like you're making a case for not betting the river. I like the bet because, obviously, it's the only way he can win the pot. But at the same time, you have to wonder why anyone would lay down any kind of made hand here. Just a thought...

34TheTruth34
06-02-2003, 11:34 AM
Many players - certainly many of the ones I face online and also often me too - would take their foot off the pedal at some point and take the free card with no improvement. The way you played gave you the best prospects for success for your river bluff.

Great point! The problem with most bluffs on the river is that people play exactly the same way, except that they check for a 'free' card after raising. Then they bet the river (after the 3rd street raiser checked on 6th and 7th) and wonder how they got called by a pair of sevens.

I agree that sometimes I would check behind on 6th after raising on 5th. That's an acceptable way to play it, but just don't expect the bluff on the river to go uncalled...