PDA

View Full Version : Party boycott?

faquewdikhed
10-08-2005, 07:03 PM
Obviously a smalltimer like myself will have no effect on the giant, but if higher level players were to pull out, does anyone think this would have an effect?

And, is this even possible, as many of you are playing to support yourselves.

SCfuji
10-08-2005, 07:05 PM
fish like party. party wins this fight.

10-08-2005, 07:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
fish like party. party wins this fight.

[/ QUOTE ]

microbet
10-08-2005, 07:31 PM
If a large number of people stopped playing and said they are switching sites and won't come back unless party reduces their rake by 30%, it might speed things up.

Ogre
10-08-2005, 07:32 PM
is party no longer giving rakeback?

fluorescenthippo
10-08-2005, 07:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
is party no longer giving rakeback?

[/ QUOTE ]

party never has given rakeback

faquewdikhed
10-08-2005, 07:47 PM
Anyone have a template in the workings for a massive amount of emails to be sent to party?

Nicholasp27
10-08-2005, 07:48 PM
yes, party does give rakeback

just can't advertise it publicly

psyduck
10-08-2005, 08:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
yes, party does give rakeback

just can't advertise it publicly

[/ QUOTE ]

really?? any more information on this?

Nicholasp27
10-08-2005, 08:09 PM
not publicly /images/graemlins/smile.gif

MegaBet
10-09-2005, 08:28 AM
A lot of the casual, fishy players probably won't even notice something has happened...

Cactus Jack
10-09-2005, 08:34 AM
A lot? Man, is that an understatement. How about 95%? The vast majority of Party Poker players have never played any other site. That's why Party can do this. Just look at the statistics from various threads last night. All the players from the skins combined was only a small proportion of the total Party players.

If a boycott would work, Party wouldn't have done it in the first place. They are smart people. No doubt they took all this into account. We are not their profit base. If anything, we reduce their profit. We're neither the bread nor the butter.

CJ

10-09-2005, 08:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
We're neither the bread nor the butter.

[/ QUOTE ]

Party is NOT stupid, they did all the beancounting before making this move.

As for not being fair, they are trying to make the most money they can. As for those crying for the skins, do you really care about the skins one tiny bit? Or maybe only about how it affects your own bottome line.

Go out and find a way to make the money, it's still out there.

Ryendal
10-09-2005, 09:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Party is NOT stupid, they did all the beancounting before making this move.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am sure they are stupid. To calculate perfectly is not enough to be clever.

To all poker friends, I am with you to share you knowledge on how PartyPoker act without ethic.
At least, it is a day where we can talk about that.

stupidsucker
10-09-2005, 12:07 PM
imo Party is testing the waters to see how far poker players can be pushed.

I withdrew my money, and I plan to find another site.

Ogre
10-09-2005, 01:11 PM
i moved to PS already

it was good while it lasted

10-09-2005, 01:19 PM
It would be great if everyone (besides me) who reads this forum boycotts Party. I suggest you guys go for it.

chadsworth
10-09-2005, 06:44 PM
Do what you please I just have a question coment. what percentage do you think it would take to get them to talk about rake back? After asking yourself that question, isn't the point of play to max. profits and wouldn't you be best off doing this were the fishiest games are

Newt_Buggs
10-09-2005, 07:31 PM
I will continue playing on party because that is where I can make the most money. I owe nothing to party, and party owes nothing to me. As long as they bring in the fish I have no reason to leave.

benza13
10-09-2005, 07:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It would be great if everyone (besides me) who reads this forum boycotts Party. I suggest you guys go for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously, I agree with this. Rakeback was nice while we had it, and it appears that Party is going to give some sort of rakeback, it's just going to be much less than before. If everyone is going to leave because of the lack of rakeback, then I will stick around with the thousands of fish who have no idea what just happened, other than that they can now play blackjack and do side bets. If Party offers cash for points (essentially rakeback) at about 12-15% then that is fine with me if a lot of the better players are leaving because my ROI will probably increase as well.

HesseJam
10-10-2005, 03:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
We are not their profit base. If anything, we reduce their profit. We're neither the bread nor the butter.

CJ

[/ QUOTE ]

100% true

stupidsucker
10-10-2005, 11:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
We are not their profit base. If anything, we reduce their profit. We're neither the bread nor the butter.

CJ

[/ QUOTE ]

100% true

[/ QUOTE ]

We are the cat that licks the butter and the mold on the bread.

We are the shark that eat their fish...