PDA

View Full Version : TT vs double minraise, Bodog 25NL

jmgurgeh
10-08-2005, 06:46 PM
25NL at BoDog. Nine handed. I think I mainly wonder if my flop reraise is big enough, but any comments are appreciated since this is only my fourth session of NL.

Me - $26.73
Chizzle522 - $24.45
mcflipmix - $20.21
STR8UPSTUD - $40.09

Table is like a gigantic calling station with short bursts of insanity. mcflipmix is one of my two favorite stations here and though I don't know how to read his cards well, I know he sucks. Chizzle is on tilt from being stacked by another CS earlier and is making some bigger bets/raises than makes sense.

I have T /images/graemlins/heart.gif T /images/graemlins/spade.gif on the button.

STR8UPSTUD calls, mcflipmix minraises to $.50, four folds, I raise to $2, Chizzle calls $1.90 in SB, BB folds, STR8UPSTUDcalls, mcflipmix minreraises to $3.50, I call, Chizzle calls, STR8UPSTUD calls.

Pot = $14.25

Flop: 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif K /images/graemlins/spade.gif

UTG checks, mcflipmix pushes for $16.71, I push for my remaining $23.23, Chizzle calls all-in for $20.95, STR8UPSTUD folds.

djoyce003
10-08-2005, 06:56 PM
honestly no idea why you are posting this unless your question is preflop.

against a preflop minraise like that i'll usually count it as a limp, so if your standard raise was to $2, I'd probably raise to $2.50-$3 here, which you were close enough to. Obviously the flop action was good, you got your money in likely with the best hand.

yvesaint
10-08-2005, 07:04 PM
what do you mean if your flop re-raise is big enough, you cant raise it anymore

also, given pre-flop action, if you hit your set, youre not getting away

you will see AA/AK here often enough especially with the retarded mini-raises pre-flop that this is worth it

jmgurgeh
10-09-2005, 01:22 AM
Oops, I meant if my PF raise was big enough, not flop.