PDA

View Full Version : How terrible is this? OR dont slowplay!

jkamowitz
10-08-2005, 05:26 PM
Live 1-2nl Table is full and is unusually tight.

Hero is cutoff with 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif and is playing alright with 330 in front of him.

Average Villian stack ~400.

Utg limps. A rather extreme weak-tight player.
Utg+1 limps a get it or fold it type.

Hero limps
Button. A positional middle pair bettor. Knows to fold.

Blinds complete and check.

Flop J /images/graemlins/club.gif 10 /images/graemlins/heart.gif7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif (Wahoo!)

UTg checks
Utg+1 checks
Hero is about to bet but looks over and sees button grabbing chips and checks.

Button bets 15
Blinds fold
Utg thinks and calls
Utg+1 calls

I thought about raising here to hopefully play a big pot but these players like to fold when I bet because they know I dont slow down and I figured I could check raise almost any turn. I call.

Turn 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Utg checks
Utg+1 checks
Again button grabs chips.
Hero checks
Button disapoints and checks

River Q
/images/graemlins/club.gif

Utg springs to life and bets 25
Utg+1 folds
Hero raises to 75
Button whines about his great laydown.

Utg goes all in. . .

Thoughts?

yvesaint
10-08-2005, 05:33 PM
youre one off the button - bet the flop, if not the turn

unless your read is very very strong (as it stands, it doesnt seem like it was because he checked through turn), you should bet somewhere on the flop/turn

this flop checked through is disastrous, any heart, board pairing, etc., can mean trouble

also the pot is bigger on the river if you bet more on the flop/turn

Lucky
10-08-2005, 05:35 PM
This is truly terrible. I'll bet flop if checked to me. You have read button will bet. Nice. So c/r the flop big.

There are 27 cards you will not love seeing on turn. Hearts, A, K, Q, and cards that pair board.

Your hand is vulnerable. You want to play big pot on flop against KQ, AhJh, etc.

As it went, YOU HAVE to bet turn.

orange
10-08-2005, 05:39 PM
Bet/bet/ and hope your all-in by the river. There are too many cards that can kill your action.

Godfather80
10-08-2005, 05:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Live 1-2nl Table is full and is unusually tight.

Hero is cutoff with 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif and is playing alright with 330 in front of him.

Average Villian stack ~400.

Utg limps. A rather extreme weak-tight player.
Utg+1 limps a get it or fold it type.

Hero limps
Button. A positional middle pair bettor. Knows to fold.

Blinds complete and check.

Flop J /images/graemlins/club.gif 10 /images/graemlins/heart.gif7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif (Wahoo!)

UTg checks
Utg+1 checks
Hero is about to bet but looks over and sees button grabbing chips and checks.

Button bets 15
Blinds fold
Utg thinks and calls
Utg+1 calls

I thought about raising here to hopefully play a big pot but these players like to fold when I bet because they know I dont slow down and I figured I could check raise almost any turn. I call.

Turn 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Utg checks
Utg+1 checks
Again button grabs chips.
Hero checks
Button disapoints and checks

River Q
/images/graemlins/club.gif

Utg springs to life and bets 25
Utg+1 folds
Hero raises to 75
Button whines about his great laydown.

Utg goes all in. . .

Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

Slowplaying like this against so many players is very difficult for this exact reason. When somebody wakes up, it's hard to know why.

You are left on the end to call the rest of your stack ~$240 to win $462. So, you need to be good 34% of the time to make this a +EV play. You hold the third nuts, but UTG, a player you referred to as "extremely weak-tight", put in the third raise. If this is your read, then this is a fold. A weak-tight player isn't betting QQ this way.

Allinlife
10-08-2005, 06:02 PM
allergic to money

ajmargarine
10-08-2005, 06:06 PM
I like your read that the guy behind you was betting the flop, so you just checked, and trapped some dead money in the pot. You Have to c/r there, bud. Great read not followed up upon.

djoyce003
10-08-2005, 06:53 PM
not checkraising that flop was horrrrrrrrrriiiiiiibbbbbbbblllllllleeeeeeeeee