PDA

View Full Version : I hate these weak leads.

iceman5
10-08-2005, 05:22 PM
I hate hands like this and can never figure out what to do.
$2/$4 NL
EP limps and I raise to $20 with AQs. Only the BB calls.

The pot is $46. The flop comes AJ5 rainbow. He leads for $8 (we both have around $400). Obviously I can raise here and if he doesnt have an ace or a set, he'll probably fold, but is that the best action?

If he has something like KJ or QQ, do I really want him to fold? Would you call this and then check raise ther turn or what?

In my hand, I called.
The turn was a 6 and he bet $8 again. I dont have a clue what he has. Do you raise now? Or just let him bet the hand for me and play a small pot?

This probably seems like a stupid hand to post, but these dumb weak leads throw me off every time. I usually raise when I have nothing to see if they are serious, but I tend to just call when I have a hand.

flawless_victory
10-08-2005, 05:33 PM
raise flop to like 23 and milk this idiot. i love those weak leads cause i am vpip 40 psycho so i never have anything... they are basically just handing me the pot cause they never call pot raises ater they do this... they really think they are "finding out where theyre at" or some such.

Lucky
10-08-2005, 05:40 PM
I'll usually raise to 45 on flop, check turn and call/bet if checked to on river.

I think I may start raising smaller on flop as flawless suggested, as I'm probaly blowing off hands id like to keep in there.

I'm just starting to vary bet sizes more on streets other than river, after thinking all bets and most raises should be pot sized to be correct poker.