PDA

View Full Version : is pot odds of 2-1 good for a random hand ?

Pondy
10-08-2005, 04:57 PM
I'm in the big blind (blinds 75/150) and MP2 raises to 600, all fold round to me, I'm holding 95 suited. costs me 450 to call a pot of 825. He's loose and has showdowned a couple of bad hands - Q7 suited & A5 unsuited.

Is just under 2-1 pot odds ok to call ?

jeffraider
10-08-2005, 05:00 PM
No. Your hand sucks and you're out of position.

EDIT: Also his bad hands he's shown down beat your hand too.

Lloyd
10-08-2005, 05:08 PM
Based on your hand it's a clear fold. The only time you should consider calling is when you have a pretty deep stack AND you think you can outplay him post-flop out of position. The first is easy to identify. The second is not and for most that would pose a problem.

Also, I'm going to take a wild guess and assume that you've heard that 2 to 1 odds is good enough to call with any two cards. And that's often true when the call is against an all-in player and even then if I really have lousy cards I want to make sure that losing won't hurt me too much.

Exitonly
10-08-2005, 05:39 PM
If you were calling an all-in, 2:1 odds would probably be good enough, but since you're only going to see 3 cards, and your hand is pretty bad, this isn't the time.

If you played this hand it would be pretty much for two pair or better, and you'd need something like 20:1 w/ implied odds, probably closer to 30:1.