PDA

View Full Version : QJs

BottlesOf
10-08-2005, 04:46 PM
Pretty good Borgata 20 game. No one was better than decent, so I think this is the best forum.

2 limpers, and i limp Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gifJ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif in the CO. Button limps behind, sb completes, bb raises and all call.

Flop (12 sbs) J /images/graemlins/spade.gif 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif

Bet from non-noteworthy EP. The table retard raised. He plays way too many hands, chases and is overly aggressive. I 3-bet. Button who is decent pauses for a bit and calls 3 cold. (Button would cold call a little too much preflop but appeared in line post) Blinds drop, bettor and raisor call.

Turn: (12 bbs) 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif [J /images/graemlins/spade.gif8 /images/graemlins/club.gif4 /images/graemlins/club.gif]

Checks to me. Your plan for the rest of the hand?

Evan
10-08-2005, 04:48 PM
You definitely have to bet here. If it gets raised anywhere I can fold. I want to raise preflop though.

BottlesOf
10-08-2005, 04:49 PM
Yea, I was def. a little out of my element preflop after so much 6max. Wasn't sure if I should raise this. It's also possible there were 3 limpers and the sb dropped. Does this make a diff?

bugstud
10-08-2005, 04:50 PM
I would have raised PF.

On the turn I probably bet and fold to a c/r if it's ep and calldown if it's from tard

Evan
10-08-2005, 04:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It's also possible there were 3 limpers and the sb dropped. Does this make a diff?

[/ QUOTE ]
It makes me want to raise more. But as you know, I'm in the same boat as you having not played full ring poker in almost a year.

Entity
10-08-2005, 05:04 PM
Raise preflop. Bet-fold the turn.

BottlesOf
10-08-2005, 05:11 PM
I bet, button called, ep folded, retard called.

River was a brick (15bbs)

retard checks, I check, Button bets, retard hems and haws and folds. I call and lose to a flush (9 high i think).

I thought about this hand a lot afterward. I feel like when the button who was very in line and a decent enough player called 3 cold on the flop that it had to be flush. However, the pot seemed way too big on the turn to give up, so I guess there's really no other way to play it?

Evan
10-08-2005, 05:15 PM
I'd much rather bet the river.

Evan
FWIW, I think coldcalling the flop and raising a safe turn is an okay line here.

flawless_victory
i dont think you can play postflop any other way, but PF is a clear raise...
incidentally, you likely wouldve won this pot if you had raised.

BottlesOf
10-08-2005, 05:26 PM
Yea wondered about that too. I thought he might check through a better jack. I also wanted to see what lagtard would do, but once I realized I would be overcalling anyway, that took a lot of the reasoning behind checking away.

Harv72b
I also raise preflop.

Button calling 3 cold on the flop makes me want to check/fold, but the scare card makes it possible that he folds a better J if you fire again. So I think bet/fold on the turn.

If Button and/or the rest call the turn bet, I can't imagine a river card that would make me want to bet.

SackUp
[ QUOTE ]
Pretty good Borgata 20 game. No one was better than decent, so I think this is the best forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

What does this mean? We are not worthy of your advice if it was against better players? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Raise preflop.

bet/fold turn

river = b/f or c/f c/c sucks here - you give no chance of making a club fold and i'm hard pressed to think 2 guys are calling the turn and neither having a club - you are only winning by betting this one.

BottlesOf
10-08-2005, 05:27 PM
I know.... /images/graemlins/frown.gif Not to be results oriented or anything /images/graemlins/smile.gif

QTip
10-09-2005, 12:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]

2 limpers, and i limp Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gifJ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif in the CO. Button limps behind, sb completes, bb raises and all call.

Flop (12 sbs) J /images/graemlins/spade.gif 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif

Bet from non-noteworthy EP. The table retard raised. He plays way too many hands, chases and is overly aggressive. I 3-bet. Button who is decent pauses for a bit and calls 3 cold. (Button would cold call a little too much preflop but appeared in line post) Blinds drop, bettor and raisor call.

Turn: (12 bbs) 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif [J /images/graemlins/spade.gif8 /images/graemlins/club.gif4 /images/graemlins/club.gif]

Checks to me. Your plan for the rest of the hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

When I read this hand, I was on my way out. I've been thinking about it since then.

I was going to respond to it when I first read it; however, all I could think about was the river while I was thinking about the turn. So much of this depends on who the button really is. If he can call 3 cold on the flop with some top pair, the hand would play differently. I'm assuming he wouldn't do so, and probably would have raised with AJ or maybe KJ. That having been said, It's obvious he most likely has a very strong draw on the flop, something like T9 or 2 clubs. Of course, there are many more combinations of the clubs than T9. The pots so big on the turn, we have to bet simply to avoid free cards. However, while I was thinking about that, all I could think about was how to handle the button just calling. Here's what I decided:

Bet the turn and fold to a raise from anyone, except if the other players fold and the tard raises.

If the button just calls, then:

1. If there's another caller, c/f the river even if there is no overcaller.

2. If it's HU, c/c the river.

sfer
10-09-2005, 12:50 AM
Raise preflop n00b.

10-09-2005, 12:54 AM
well, you cant check then call here.

bet and see if anybody raises (especially the guy who calls 3 cold on the flop). you can fold this hand if you ahve a good read on a player and can respect his turn raise here.

good flop play btw.

sfer
10-09-2005, 01:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I bet, button called, ep folded, retard called.

River was a brick (15bbs)

retard checks, I check, Button bets, retard hems and haws and folds. I call and lose to a flush (9 high i think).

I thought about this hand a lot afterward. I feel like when the button who was very in line and a decent enough player called 3 cold on the flop that it had to be flush. However, the pot seemed way too big on the turn to give up, so I guess there's really no other way to play it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Live players are generally much more readable and much more predictable. I don't know your guy, but there are players I know where, after they call the turn, I'm done with the hand.