Thanks, Rick (and John).

Zeno
10-08-2005, 08:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Lunch for three at the Commerce: $28.00

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

What did you have, bread and water?

I like the John Cole comment. He better post a trip report. The consequences will be dire if does not.

-Zeno

Rick Nebiolo
10-09-2005, 05:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Gas for the drive to Commerce: $5.00

[/ QUOTE ]

You forgot to include time cost. The traffic was so bad I was hoping everyone would have had to pay $10 per gallon gas. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Getting to meet and talk for a while with John Cole: Priceless

[/ QUOTE ]

What about me!?!?!

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks, Rick (and John).

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the lunch. Later I felt guilty for not thinking of taking care of the tip so next one is on me. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Regards,

Rick

PS We ended up going directly to the Getty from Commerce. Wonderful place in this uncultured hick's opinion and John the cultured non-hick really enjoyed it despite me walking him to near exhaustion. We had a great day and were able to scout the incredibly jammed 405 from the East Promenade for a final escape around 8:00 pm. As it were, I passed on the still semi-jammed 405 when I saw the sign for Sepulveda and treated my guest to what a real navigator could do on "surface streets" (an expression we've never heard used in Rhode Island/Massachusetts).

I tried to treat John to "The Restaurant"; fortunately we couldn't get a reservation so I saved a "C" note. As a backup we went to an In-N-Out, where the hamburgers and fries were cooked to perfection and John had the ultimate Southern California fast food chain experience. I probably wouldn't have thought of going there (Getty, not In-N-Out) without your suggestion so thanks again.

John Cole
10-17-2005, 11:29 PM
Gas for the drive to Commerce: 0

Lunch: 0

Time spent with Andy and Rick: Priceless (and memorable)

I think I got the best deal.

Thanks, guys.

John

andyfox
10-18-2005, 01:10 AM
Glad you enjoyed it. Amazing what you can build with an unlimited budget, isn't it?