PDA

View Full Version : $11 Easy push right?

Sykes
10-08-2005, 01:51 PM
3 handed. I have 6.5K, button has 3k, sb has 4.5k

Blinds 200/400

Button opens for 1100. SB raises to 4K (leaving 200 behind, probably pressed the bet pot option)

I have AQs

I push.

DeathbySuckout
10-08-2005, 02:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I push.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too.

JudoGirl
10-08-2005, 02:16 PM
I fold.

Sykes
10-08-2005, 02:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

reason being?

10-08-2005, 02:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Easy fold. Button has an OK hand to enter the pot for a steal, SB would not be pushing into a big stack or re-raising without a strong hand, so you are most likely behind here. If you push, SB will definitely call, and button (getting good odds) might call too. AQ is not a strong hand in a 3 way pot, and if you lose, you are down to 5 BB.

Folding here will either allow SB to take 1100 chips from button, leaving button with 1900 chips, or will allow SB to knock out button if button calls. If button calls and wins, SB is down to 1500 chips. Either way, one player will be very short stacked and you will increase your chances of coming in second or first.

MisterW

Sykes
10-08-2005, 02:56 PM
I would have to lose to both people to be down to 5BB.

And I don't mind being behind to a pair of SB since there is 1100 in the pot to make up for it if sb folds.

I'm running these numbers in pokerstove:

Player 1: AQs
Player 2: 22+/A2+/Broadway
Player 3: 55+/A9+/KJ+

So far, I have a 39% equity against these two ranges when holding AQs

10-08-2005, 03:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]

And I don't mind being behind to a pair of SB since there is 1100 in the pot to make up for it if sb folds.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you can open up button's range here, he could be trying to steal with anything better than Q9. Despite this assumption, if you are sure button will call, you have just slightly better than 2:1 on your money (3000 + 4000 + 400 = 7400 and it takes 3600 to call), which means you would have to win at least 49% of the time to make this call worth it. What could button and SB have that would make you a 50% favorite?

If you call and button folds, you are getting 1.5:1 and would have to win more than 65% of the time to make a call worth it.

Check my math on this, but I think it is a fold.

MisterW

Sykes
10-08-2005, 03:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you can open up button's range here, he could be trying to steal with anything better than Q9. Despite this assumption, if you are sure button will call, you have just slightly better than 2:1 on your money (3000 + 4000 + 400 = 7400 and it takes 3600 to call), which means you would have to win at least 49% of the time to make this call worth it. What could button and SB have that would make you a 50% favorite?

If you call and button folds, you are getting 1.5:1 and would have to win more than 65% of the time to make a call worth it.

MisterW

[/ QUOTE ]

I think your math is way off. Just knowing that if I get 1.5 to 1 on my money holding AQs vs that range of SB, I'd do it every day.

And just on the range of sb, if button folds I'm have a 56% Equity on SB hand ranges.

tigerite
10-08-2005, 03:38 PM
Well, if you push, the button SHOULD fold, unless he's a complete idiot, seeing as if he loses to either of you he gets third, but by folding he vastly improves his chances of 2nd. So you should factor that in, for sure.

I'll do the maths in a minute, but I find it hard to believe this is a fold with the 1100 overlay.

Well, okay, it's not as clear cut as I thought but the SB (assuming button folds) needs to be raising less than 6-7% to make it a fold, 88+, AJo, ATs or thereabouts.

Sykes
10-08-2005, 03:40 PM
Even if SB had only a range of:

77+/KQ+/AT+

I still have an equity of 52%

AQs is really good 3 handed.

10-08-2005, 04:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

MisterW

[/ QUOTE ]

I think your math is way off. Just knowing that if I get 1.5 to 1 on my money holding AQs vs that range of SB, I'd do it every day.

And just on the range of sb, if button folds I'm have a 56% Equity on SB hand ranges.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are correct... my math is way off (I'm still trying to figure out the math stuff). Slightly better than 2:1 odds means you can win once and lose twice and still be ahead, meaning you need to be better than 33% to make this a call if you assume button will call.

Heads up against SB (assuming button folds, which is likely), you only have to win 40% (1 win out of 2.5 tries) of the time to make this a call.

Did I do my math right this time? I change my mind, looks like a good push with SB's range.

I'm an engineer, I suck with numbers /images/graemlins/smile.gif

MisterW