PDA

View Full Version : Standard?

me454555
10-08-2005, 01:18 PM
Here's a hand I think is prett standard but the combination of running bad and making bad folds has me worried. Comments always appreicated

Party Poker 3.00/6.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(6 handed)</font> link (http://www.darksun.lunarpages.com/poker/)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (6.33 SB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.67 BB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, Hero folds.

I figure I'm getting a little less than 7:1 on this turn and I give myself 4 outs after discounting my overcards.

imitation
10-08-2005, 01:24 PM
ok

disjunction
10-08-2005, 01:25 PM
I'd do this 75% of the time, but 25% of the time I raise the flop (you know you want to!), if I think I'm in the type of game where I may have the best hand and/or it may get me a free card on the turn.

Edit: You seem to be asking about the turn in the OP, which is an easy easy easy fold.

Moneyline
10-08-2005, 01:26 PM
I'd muck it too. Even if you catch you could still be lose if you're reverse dominated, if someone's drawing to hearts, of if they have a hand like A4s.

me454555
10-08-2005, 01:36 PM
Its good to see that everyone else agrees and I'm not playing THAT badly.

River was Ks and sb took it down w/T9o. My hand woulda been good. C'est la vie.

Transference
10-08-2005, 01:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd do this 75% of the time, but 25% of the time I raise the flop (you know you want to!), if I think I'm in the type of game where I may have the best hand and/or it may get me a free card on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

This really looks like a lousy spot to raise the flop to me.

Transference
10-08-2005, 01:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Its good to see that everyone else agrees and I'm not playing THAT badly.

[/ QUOTE ]

From what I remember about your posting habits it really puzzles me that your worried about what is a very routine hand. Are you having some major confidence issues or what?

disjunction
10-08-2005, 01:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This really looks like a lousy spot to raise the flop to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

You'd be surprised.

(1) Nobody has a 4. BB isn't good enough. If UTG has a 4 you will get your money back shortly.
(2) You have backdoor.
(3) If you are careful about the spots you pick, this will get checked to you on the turn every freaking time.

Transference
10-08-2005, 01:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]

(1) Nobody has a 4. BB isn't good enough. If UTG has a 4 you will get your money back shortly.
(2) You have backdoor.
(3) If you are careful about the spots you pick, this will get checked to you on the turn every freaking time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe I've just been getting donked allot lately but I really don't think you buy a free card close to every time here. I agree that your unlkely to get 3bet on this flop but position really works against you when you have a bettor and caller in front of you and no showdown value.

I don't think the backdoor draw adds a whole lot to our hand here, implied odds don't help us a bit and fold equity is next to zip.

disjunction
10-08-2005, 02:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Maybe I've just been getting donked allot lately but I really don't think you buy a free card close to every time here. I agree that your unlkely to get 3bet on this flop but position really works against you when you have a bettor and caller in front of you and no showdown value.

I don't think the backdoor draw adds a whole lot to our hand here, implied odds don't help us a bit and fold equity is next to zip.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think we're necessarily disagreeing here, except maybe a little about the backdoor bit. I'm not saying to raise 25% of the time randomly, I'm only saying to do this with predictable opponents, and my claim is that at the Party 3/6, at about 25% of the tables I felt I had this kind of handle on them within a couple of orbits.

I'm curious now, because I may be disagreeing with myself, about the EV of the free card -- I might run some numbers later in the day and I'll post again if I do.

me454555
10-08-2005, 02:49 PM
Just running badly and it seems that everytime I fold I woulda won and everytime I call I can't seem to hit. A lil reassurance always helps

me454555
10-08-2005, 02:51 PM
EV of a free card is good but I don't like getting 3 bet here and I don't like putting in more money when I have a very weak hand. The bd draws are nice as are the overs but its not worth taking a free card when I could already be drawing dead.