PDA

View Full Version : back to the subject of TITS

DcifrThs
10-08-2005, 11:56 AM
so wtf...

i thought i had this whole tit thing figured out...tits=good so if somethings the tits or a tit it means its good..

then i read Yeti say (yeti hates hunting as i do):
[ QUOTE ]

FWIW, yes, when I saw the pic, the first thing I thought 'yeah, that is a big ass moose.' The second thing I thought was 'wow, that guy's uncle is a tit.'

[/ QUOTE ]

grrrrrrrrr

Barron

tdarko
10-08-2005, 12:04 PM
girl next door:

kelly- "have you met mattew? this guy's the tits!"

tit=good IMO

Yeti
10-08-2005, 12:11 PM
This is likely just an English expression, and as such, I wouldn't worry about it.

Dominic
10-08-2005, 12:56 PM
no no no no....

"the tits" means the best, it's great, etc.

"you're uncle is a tit" means he's an idiot, a dork, a jerk, etc.

singular = bad
plural = good

captZEEbo1
10-08-2005, 01:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
no no no no....

"the tits" means the best, it's great, etc.

"you're uncle is a tit" means he's an idiot, a dork, a jerk, etc.

singular = bad
plural = good

[/ QUOTE ]

just like boob

nicky g
10-08-2005, 01:22 PM
"

"singular = bad
plural = good"

No, it's to do with whether it's definite or not.

If something is "tits", it's also bad. If it's "the tits", it's good. Same with bollocks. "Bollocks" is bad, "the (dog's) bollocks" is good. Same with sh*t.

diebitter
10-08-2005, 01:35 PM
sometimes it has a polar meaning given context, like 'bad', say.

Eg 'mad as tits' - this phrase can be applied about a nutter, or something exciting, but good.

wacki
10-08-2005, 04:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
"

"singular = bad
plural = good"

If something is "tits", it's also bad. If it's "the tits", it's good. Same with bollocks. "Bollocks" is bad, "the (dog's) bollocks" is good. Same with sh*t.

[/ QUOTE ]

nice post.

So what does (dog's) bollocks mean?

diebitter
10-08-2005, 04:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's named that after some motorbike engine from the 50s in England, that had a movement that looked like a terrier's bollocks when it was shagging. This bike was considered the best one, so the slang for the best engine became the slang for all things top of their field/subject/category.

PS. It's contracted both ways in England. 'The Bollocks' is fine, as is 'The Dogs'

Here ends this week's lesson on the Niceties of the English.

britspin
10-08-2005, 04:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's named that after some motorbike engine from the 50s in England, that had a movement that looked like a terrier's bollocks when it was shagging. This bike was considered the best one, so the slang for the best engine became the slang for all things top of their field/subject/category.

PS. It's contracted both ways in England. 'The Bollocks' is fine, as is 'The Dogs'

Here ends this week's lesson on the Niceties of the English.

[/ QUOTE ]

really? I thought it was just because dogs love to lick their bollocks- so anything good must be like the dogs bollocks..

diebitter
10-08-2005, 04:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]

really? I thought it was just because dogs love to lick their bollocks- so anything good must be like the dogs bollocks..

[/ QUOTE ]
F see me after class

gorie
10-08-2005, 07:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]

If something is "tits", it's also bad. If it's "the tits", it's good.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't really get it, i mean i do, but i don't. why would anyone use the word tits to describe something that is bad ? don't you like tits ? for sh*t , it makes perfect sense.

Phoenix1010
10-08-2005, 07:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
"

"singular = bad
plural = good"

[/ QUOTE ]

No. Things that are "tits" are good. Things that are "the tits" are especially good. Something that is "a tit" is bad, because really, who wants just one tit?

Watching Sin City is tits. Watching Sin City while you're high is the tits. Michael Madsen acts like a tit in that movie.

TheMainEvent
10-08-2005, 07:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
No. Things that are "tits" are good. Things that are "the tits" are especially good. Something that is "a tit" is bad, because really, who wants just one tit?

[/ QUOTE ]

DING DING DING

nicky g
10-08-2005, 07:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
"

"singular = bad
plural = good"

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe in whatver tits town you're in, that's the case.

TheCroShow
10-08-2005, 08:53 PM
haven't you guys heard something like "you're a useless tit!"

TBag
10-08-2005, 11:06 PM
Bad:
http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/3843/2002kungpowenterthefist0030ow.jpg

Good:
http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/5060/ph101005an.jpg
http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/3739/vs3199ve.jpg