PDA

View Full Version : HU concept ---- 2/3 Party structure vs LP BB

TStoneMBD
10-08-2005, 08:17 AM
BB is the button
It's 15/30 and a 2/3 blind structure.
Everyone folds to you in the SB.

If you raise, BB will not fold any 2.
If you raise, you approximate that BB will reraise AT+, 99+, KQ.
If you limp, you approximate that BB will raise 50% of the time.
BB will call a flop bet almost always with any two.
You're not sure about how he plays the turn.
If BB raises and you call, he will bet every flop.
Other than that he's a fish and you play better than he does.

I think this describes most loose passives at 15/30, the ones that raise after you limp anyway.

What hands should you openfold?
What hands should you raise?
What hands should you call?
What hands should you limp-reraise?

TStoneMBD
10-08-2005, 08:30 PM
bump. /images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/frown.gif

w_alloy
10-08-2005, 10:40 PM
I am way underqualified to answer a question like this but I will improve thinking about it. I would feel kinda worthless taking 15 minutes to answer a post then not post it, so here goes.

Im sorry for the long post, people who suck writing too much is one of my pet-peeves on this site. But I would really appreciate any critique of my thoughts.

1. I would openfold the bottom 25% of hands or so, maybe Q4o, j5o, etc. Suited isnt too important in this situation, so bump 1 degree for suited. No clue if this is actually 25%.I say this because semi-bluffing is much less valuable as well as less relative implied odds (the fact that when he makes a second best hand he will not go as many bets as he should, and the fact he will be calling us down anyways a lot of the time so we do not need a premium hand).

2. I don't think its correct to raise here very often, because a) when he checks preflop your opponent's calling mistakes on the flop are much worse. b) When anyone is guarenteed to bet with only a top 50% hand, not even considering the flop, this is very exploitable. It will be easy to get money in when you are ahead through check-raising, which I am assuming he will nearly always call. I would rather be in this situation then have the lead. Thus, I would never raise in this situation.

3. I would limp-fold hands valued above 25% and below maybe 35%. This assumes he is raising the top 50% and not a random or semi-random 50%. These hands would include J7o, Q6o and Q7o, 97o, etc., and 1 rank lower for suited counterparts. I do this because he has defined his hand as top 50 so we are liekyl dominated, and we are out of position. However, I think these hands are worth playing, and are beating his hand range if he just checks, and are therefor not worth a fold because it costs us 1/3 of a bet to find out. Agasint someone who played better on the flop I would increase this range quite a bit.

4. I was initially tempted to say I would limp-reraise the top 24.9% of hands, because this is what would be mathmatically correct equity wise. But then I realized all the percentages ("top 50%) were obviously based on hot-cold scenarios. Then I realized that since he is always raising the flop, and he is describes as generally passive, he is rarely raising the PFR after we 3 bet on the flop and is rarely 4 betting a worse hand. This means the vast majority of the time we can check-raise the flop for the same sized pot if we hit and just call if we could still be behind. So I would only limp-reraise premiumish hands here (99-AA and AJ+) and just call with the rest, check-raising the flop a vast majority of the time.

JDalla
10-11-2005, 01:43 AM
Excellent Question, I play people like that all the time, often even more aggressive. sometimes I win big, someitmes I lose big... BUMP

Jeff W
10-11-2005, 02:08 AM
Those hands you cited as limp-folds are way too strong to limp fold. An example of a limp-folding hand for me is 32o. Any two cards 6+ and any two suited cards are going to a flop....