PDA

View Full Version : since we're just banning people now cause we don't like them...

whiskeytown
10-08-2005, 05:07 AM
any chance I could be made a moderator of Politics if I promise to ban 3 people a month? -

hell, we're letting people like [censored] do it - what do I need, a vote from Mat and Commodus?

RB

10-08-2005, 05:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I promise to ban 3 people a month

[/ QUOTE ]

that would be the entire forum in 2 months. not that there's anything wrong with that.

whiskeytown
10-08-2005, 05:13 AM
I'll go after people with 25 posts - at least 10 of those gimmick accounts get started a day.

RB

daryn
10-08-2005, 11:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
since we're just banning people now cause we don't like them...

[/ QUOTE ]

you should be banned just for being dumb enough to think this is the case

come on man, you are better than this!

10-08-2005, 12:18 PM
Start a support thread and PM Mat, make some lame comments about all the cool power you're going to have and all the things you'll do to the n00bs, and you'll be a mod in no time.

I kind of like this idea, random bannings + power tripping mod might do some good in politics.

whiskeytown
10-08-2005, 12:55 PM
maybe I missed a satire flag or something, cause that's the way I read it.

RB

ChipWrecked
10-08-2005, 12:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]

RB

[/ QUOTE ]

Banning because something is 'stupid and or retarded' to me = 'stuff or people I don't like'. So I'm with you here, RB.

imported_anacardo
10-08-2005, 12:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]

RB

[/ QUOTE ]

This hasn't been the case at all. People have been shitting all over him left and right and it hasn't led to any bannings. Only retarded posts have led to bannings; the mistake re: the Jesus thread was discussed and rectified. This has really gone quite well. I'm optimistic about the project.

RunDownHouse
10-08-2005, 01:02 PM
One of the things that [censored] specifically mentioned was starting retarded thread after retarded thread on the same topic. There are a handful of threads - on the front page, no less - that you could have chosen to post this in.

I hope you get banned.

10-08-2005, 01:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
People have been shitting all over him left and right and it hasn't led to any bannings.

[/ QUOTE ]
He's not stupid.

Did you read his comments in the 'support' thread? They speak for themselves.

theben
10-08-2005, 01:08 PM
yeah, and since im an arrogant and incompetent jerk who would love to ban people for the hell of it, let me be a mod too

nicky g
10-08-2005, 01:15 PM
"This hasn't been the case at all. People have been shitting all over him left and right and it hasn't led to any bannings."

I don't think we'll know if that's the case until the "massive cull" list gets implemented, if it ever does.

flair1239
10-08-2005, 01:21 PM
Starting this thread would seem to meet a couple of [censored] 's criteria for banning