the apocalypse continues.

jason_t
10-08-2005, 05:10 AM
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y73/jason_t712/genImage.jpg

That use to be an apartment complex.

Hamish McBagpipe
10-08-2005, 05:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
"This was the strongest earthquake in the area during the last hundred years," Qamar Uz Zaman, director-general of the Pakistani Meteorological Department, told CNN.

[/ QUOTE ]

Malachii
10-08-2005, 05:48 AM
*Yawn* Would it be insensitive of me to say [censored] happens, or does that just make me pragmatic?

KaneKungFu123
10-08-2005, 09:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
*Yawn* Would it be insensitive of me to say [censored] happens, or does that just make me pragmatic?

[/ QUOTE ]

nope, it just makes you an [censored].

Malachii
10-08-2005, 04:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Nope, that just makes you an [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]
Why? Because I don't particularly care about something completely beyond my control that happened to people that I never knew?

BusterStacks
10-08-2005, 04:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

relax dude, it's not like there was a shortage of asians.

Piz0wn0reD!!!!!!
10-08-2005, 04:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
ROFL

jason_t
10-08-2005, 04:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Why?

[/ QUOTE ]

Among other things, your inability to feel sadness and sympathy for the victims.

Malachii
10-08-2005, 04:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Among other things, your inability to feel sadness and sympathy for the victims.

[/ QUOTE ]
Okay, let me elaborate on my position. Of course I feel sympathy towards those that have lost loved ones... all that I'm saying is, in all honesty I'm really not going to lose any sleep over this, and I sincerely doubt you will either.

RunDownHouse
10-08-2005, 04:16 PM
Before 9/11 (and Katrina, to an extent I haven't determined yet), I would have shrugged this off as previous posters have. As kind of a "Wow, that sucks. Hey, what's the KU/KSU score?"

Now, I feel real sorrow when I read about those types of things. I don't know if that means that I used to be horribly shallow and callous, or if it means that I'm now an overly-sensitive bleeding-heart liberal, or somewhere in the middle. But no matter where it falls, I think I'm a better. more mature person for feeling that sympathy.

EDIT: The KU/KSU example was used because I had money on the game, but not a significant amount. I don't give a [censored] about either team, so it was the most shallow, selfish, superficial thing I could think of off the top of my head.

10-08-2005, 04:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Why?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
A child just died from easily preventable poverty
You must be sad 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, jason_t.

jason_t
10-09-2005, 12:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Why?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

For this and many and many other reasons, yes. But I'm still capable of enjoying life, being happy and having fun.

Los Feliz Slim
10-09-2005, 12:11 AM
I just read the death toll in Pakistan alone is over 18,000. That's awful.

I sure hope Pat Robertson and the gang don't bust out with anything about God's judgement.

Dave G.
10-09-2005, 12:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Great quote. Did you say the same thing when the WTC was hit? How about when Katrina hit. "Oh don't worry, there's plenty of americans to go around."

I'm sure you're just trying to be funny, I'm just pointing out that you are a dipshit.

Blarg
10-09-2005, 01:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Since saying basically "Who cares?" doesn't help you accomplish anything, it's not pragmatic. It actually is kind of a doucehbag comment, which almost never accomplish anything and usually just make people look worse, as did this one. I'd guess most would read that as being unpragmatic.

phixxx
10-09-2005, 01:15 AM
9/11 is the best day of the year, FYI.

Slappz
10-09-2005, 01:37 AM
i guess natural disasters only matter if they affects people we dont know in our country instead of people we dont know in the world.

ThaSaltCracka
10-09-2005, 03:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Great quote. Did you say the same thing when the WTC was hit? How about when Katrina hit. "Oh don't worry, there's plenty of americans to go around."

I'm sure you're just trying to be funny, I'm just pointing out that you are a dipshit.

[/ QUOTE ]you replying to him in this way proves that you are a dipshit.

WackityWhiz
10-09-2005, 03:29 AM
I have a close friend who is from Pakistan. His entire family is over there... I hope they are ok

Victor
10-09-2005, 04:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
or does that just make me pragmatic?

[/ QUOTE ]

hahhahahaha....

Roybert
10-09-2005, 04:45 AM
Dude, [censored] you.

Roybert
10-09-2005, 04:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Of course I feel sympathy towards those that have lost loved ones...

[/ QUOTE ]
Your yawn made this readily apparent.

[censored]
10-09-2005, 04:52 AM
Has there been any news on how thinely stretched the redcross is as of late? How seperate are the American and International? Regardless I would assume between the Tsunami,2 hurricanes and all of their dailey activities resources have to be getting pretty short.

kurosh
10-09-2005, 05:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Why?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]I dunno about jason, but this stuff does bother me and make me sad. I block it out so I can enjoy my life. If I take the time to think about it or something forces me to look at it, I become very sad. So, yeah, this does not bother me in the slightest, but it easily could, if I let it.

10-09-2005, 06:38 AM
Exactly. All the jokers in this thread ragging on Malachi and buster care so much about a little earthquake, but clearly don't give a [censored] about the kids who die every ten seconds, 24 hours a day, of easily and cheaply prevented diseases.

I don't give a crap either btw, just pointing out the hilarity of it.

Roybert
10-09-2005, 07:29 AM
Lemme get this straight ...

By your rationale, the fact that I care that 18K people died tonight makes me a 'joker' because I can't prevent every other person from dying from poverty every day?

You know nothing about me, son. You don't know what I donate, in both time and money, to charities and causes that attempt to prevent the needless deaths of people. This is every day out of the year, too, friend, not just the days where thousands die of a natural disaster. The very core of your argument seems to be that since I (we/society) can't prevent EVERYONE from dying from poverty/hunger/abuse/any-treatable-cause-of-death-you-can-name, we are automatically hypocrites or bleeding-hearts for feeling sympathy for the loss of eighteen thousand innocent lives that occured on one night simply because we don't express the same anguish over every other single needless death that happens.

Don't confuse your point. You are trying to excuse the fact that you don't give a [censored] over either: a) the deaths of the people in Pakistan, or B) the deaths of the impoverished that occurs every 10 seconds (or whatever other metric you choose to spout off based on someone else's post) by proclaiming that those who do care about this tragedy don't care about ALL suffering equally. You are welcome to your viewpoint, but [censored] you for making immediate value judgements on those who have expressed concern or sympathy about this earthquake based on the way you think they feel about all other suffering.

You're right ... [censored] hilarious.

10-09-2005, 07:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[censored] you for making immediate value judgements on those who have expressed concern or sympathy about this earthquake based on the way you think they feel about all other suffering.

[/ QUOTE ]
And who are the posters above to make value judgements against those who say 'big deal'? For example:

"Malachi: *Yawn* Would it be insensitive of me to say [censored] happens, or does that just make me pragmatic?

KaneKungFu: nope, it just makes you an [censored]."
----
DaveG to BusterStacks: "I'm sure you're just trying to be funny, I'm just pointing out that you are a dipshit. "

See what I'm saying? People block [censored] out that they can't do anything about, or that doesn't really matter. Who is anyone here to judge them for doing so? It was just a [censored] earthquake, nowhere near the level of seriousness of malnourished and diseased kids whose lives can be saved by donating any portion of your poker bankroll. Any time someone goes out and blows $100 on drinks for a night, they're saying that their drinking habits are more important than the lives of many kids. Yet these same people call others all sorts of names when they say 'big deal' to the earthquake, which wasn't even preventable.

See the hypocricy? Pull your head in, [censored]heads

Roybert
10-09-2005, 01:45 PM
I do see your point and I appreciate you taking the time to explain it further. Sorry if I flew off the handle in my initial response.

Blarg
10-09-2005, 05:52 PM
You were right the first time.

Making a joke about or saying who cares DOES suck, and there's nothing hypocritical about saying so.

Sometimes people make arguments too complicated for their own good over matters that are completely transparent.