PDA

View Full Version : Silly hand against EP poster

thesharpie
10-08-2005, 03:46 AM
Probably a silly post since something like this isn't going to happen often, but what the hell.

Full handed Pokerroom 2/4. UTG+1 posts. His screenname is bluffspewin whatever that means. I usually ignore screennames saying the player bluffs since I usually find the opposite, they're either solid or tight passive looking to be paid off on their value bets. Anyway since this cat posted in UTG+1 I'm thinking maybe he's telling the truth, either that or he misclicked.

He raises instantly, like auto raise clicked, folds to me in the BB with Q7s, I make a loose call.

Flop Qxx rainbow

I check raise, he 3 bets, I check call a blank turn and river.

toss
10-08-2005, 04:39 AM
Seems good.

sean c
10-08-2005, 09:30 AM
Nice hand

Octopus
10-08-2005, 09:54 AM
I can think of no point in this hand where I would seriously consider doing anything other than what you did. I would probably play the same even against a late position poster (though I wouldn't be as happy about it).

flopmonster
10-08-2005, 11:40 AM
yep pretty straightforward....btw i dont think that preflop call was really loose

elindauer
10-08-2005, 11:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I can think of no point in this hand where I would seriously consider doing anything other than what you did. I would probably play the same even against a late position poster (though I wouldn't be as happy about it).

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree the hand plays itself. I'm not sure why you would be less happy against a late position poster... the open raise from late position is likely much weaker than the raise from EP, right?

-eric

Dagger78
10-08-2005, 11:48 AM
Is is this a standard pre-flop call here?

I know I'm too tight HU in the BB, but I'm not sure where to losing up.

Octopus
10-08-2005, 12:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I agree the hand plays itself. I'm not sure why you would be less happy against a late position poster... the open raise from late position is likely much weaker than the raise from EP, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

But the late position poster is not (necessarily) as much of an idiot to begin with, so his post-flop play is less likely to be spewing and more likely to be thoughtful. (That is, after he bets again on the turn and river, I like my hand less against the (possibly) thoughtful late poster than against the (probably) spewing early poster.)

Octopus
10-08-2005, 12:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Is is this a standard pre-flop call here?

I know I'm too tight HU in the BB, but I'm not sure where to losing up.

[/ QUOTE ]

A poster who raises does not (necessarily) have the same quality hnd that a raiser, even a steal raiser, has. Call liberally in this situation. Against even a laggy EP raiser who was not a poster, this is a fold for me. Against a poster, it is a call.

BigBrother
10-08-2005, 02:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Probably a silly post since something like this isn't going to happen often, but what the hell.

Full handed Pokerroom 2/4. UTG+1 posts... Anyway since this cat posted in UTG+1 I'm thinking maybe he's telling the truth, either that or he misclicked.

He raises instantly, like auto raise clicked, folds to me in the BB with Q7s, I make a loose call...

[/ QUOTE ]

I have accidentally posted UTG before when I miscounted, thought my BB was next and just selected 'autopost blind'.

I don't think you can really read much into what you perceive as an 'autoraise' since sometimes network lage makes it look like an autoraise when it really is not, and there can be many situations where you know raising is the right thing before the action gets to you.

Calling the raise, betting the Q and calling down after the 3-bet all look good to me in this situation. If the guy is a Maniac to your left you want to let him know right away that he's not going to run you over.

--BB