PDA

View Full Version : Trip A's Heads up, Oversight?

10-08-2005, 02:33 AM
I'm heads up @ the end of a 45 person SnG

Villian has played a decent comeback as when i had the table dominated(50% of chips @ 5 ppl left) he managed to get the rest of them(he was down to 2k to get to about 45 vs 55%.
No specific read, hes played most of his hands straight forward, and he showed specific disdain in me bullying the final table for the majority of it.

I've got A /images/graemlins/spade.gif A /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Blinds are 500/1000 ante 100?(cant remember negligible anyway)

He raises to 3k
(I pause which i really havent done all tourney as i was playing only 1 table as i busted out on the other i had started.)
I call.

Flop: A /images/graemlins/club.gif 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif J /images/graemlins/heart.gif

He raises to 4000
Now i ponder his actions, he must have something right?
I put him on Ace King, as having 2 aces this is the only thing that is making sense for him to be this aggressive.
I call his 4000.

Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif

I think rainbow flop, no flush draw, hes going to be drawing to a straight, since im almost certain he has AK or AJ at this point, though I am sure he thinks he has top pair, best scenario he has neither, and has a set of 7's

He Raises to 4k Again.
I push all in.

He turns over to my dismay Kx 10x

River = 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Did i play that wrong? Can anybody else place him on K10 for the straight? I dunno didnt even come close to crossing my mind...

tdomeski
10-08-2005, 02:51 AM
1) Will he call a flop raise with any ace?
2) Will he call a flop raise with a jack or QQ or KK?
3) Will he bluff the turn again if he doesn't hit?

If (1) and (2) are a yes, the raise flop, if (1) and (2) are a no AND (3) is a YES, call flop.

For the most part I don't get to caught up in my opponents catching up when they have 2-5 outs and are very agressive.

Sucks it didn't work out this time.