PDA

View Full Version : 3/6 Six Max set of aces, bet or check river?

Percussion
10-08-2005, 12:35 AM
PokerStars 3/6 Omaha/8 (6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. MP posts a blind of $4.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, MP calls.

Flop: (8.33 SB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB folds, MP calls, Button calls.

Turn: (9.16 BB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls, Button calls.

River: (12.16 BB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, MP calls $1 (All-In).

Final Pot: 17.33 BB

lonn19
10-08-2005, 01:07 AM
You played it well up to the river. I would have check called the river. The button raising pre and post flop could very well mean he's got three wheel cards making a good chance he made a straight on the river. Obviously don't lay it down, just call one bet on the river, hoping he's only betting the low.

Buzz
10-08-2005, 01:32 AM
Percussion - If you don't bet the river, I think MP will bet and Button will raise and you'll be facing a double bet that you should probably call anyhow.

So you might as well bet the river yourself just in case by some miracle an opponent folds a hand that would beat you for low. (Nobody's going to fold a hand that would beat you for high).

I don't think that's going to happen, and I don't think you're winning high with your trip aces or winning low with your live eight - but I do think you're stuck because of the size of the pot. I don't see how you have anything to lose by betting it yourself.

Buzz

10-08-2005, 09:40 AM
With the possible straight on the board against two opponents, I say just check it. I don't think anyone's folding anything unless they missed their draw, and half of any money you have is definitely going to someone else, and there's a good chance you won't get to keep the other half. People play low cards, and there are a bunch of them on the board.

I also think you should have reraise preflop with your A-A. Why not isolate someone that's representing A-2?

10-08-2005, 11:16 AM
I think you should consider raising pre-flop right after the button does. Whatever happens is good for you -- you're probably "ahead" at this point, so if everyone calls, great. And if folks fold, you may isolate the button. Plus you may have "dead money" from the poster in MP. I understand your position is less than optimal (that's an understatement of course), but I would still do it.

Sorry I know this isn't the answer to your question, but it's the first thing that hit me when I read your post.

Buzz
10-08-2005, 11:38 AM
Percussion - I agree with Tim and Niss that you should re-raise before the flop. I thought you should make it a double bet to the posters, hoping to knock them out and get one-on-one with Button, when I originally read your post, but somehow was focused on your question.

Back to your question: If MP had any more than $3 left, I'd suggest checking, but when somebody is in a pot and down low in chips and you check to them, they often will bet with little or nothing, evidently making a desperate attempt to steal the pot. (Of course, sometimes they have something).

Buzz

DyessMan89
10-08-2005, 12:54 PM
Preflop- Great spot to isolate. Like others have said, 3-bet this.
Flop- Standard.
Turn- Standard.
River- Im check/calling this down. You are absolutley forced to calling one bet, calling two bets cold is tricky. Id probobly fold for 2 bets cold, but then again that might be a bit weak-tight.

benwood
10-08-2005, 03:12 PM
I would prefer to re-raise pre-flop to try to get rid of BB &amp;/or MP. I bet the river. It is dangerous &amp; maybe incorrect to do so because the 4 could straighten somebody, but it does promote the nasty looking low that you have, &amp; may even cause a better lo to get out, like Buzz said.

DyessMan89
10-08-2005, 05:34 PM
Do you really think these guys are going to fold for one bet with a better low than yours when they are getting anywhere from 12-14 to 1? These are typical O/8 players, right?