PDA

View Full Version : Public Message to Commodus

Michael Davis
10-07-2005, 11:28 PM
Hey Commodus,

You have 48 hours from the time this post is entered to change what needs to be changed, or you will be revealed to the board.

-Michael

stabn
10-07-2005, 11:40 PM
Is he one of your $10 hookers?

rusellmj
10-08-2005, 12:05 AM
I'm having a hard time keeping up. Between all the [Censored] hating and misc. bannings. I really don't know what Michael is talking about. Would Commodus really even care?

[censored]
10-08-2005, 12:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm having a hard time keeping up. Between all the [Censored] hating and misc. bannings. I really don't know what Michael is talking about. Would Commodus really even care?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm guessing it is his title. changing it is easy enough a mod just needs to know to what

miajag81
10-08-2005, 12:08 AM
Sweet. Looks like there's a revolt in the Senate.

Los Feliz Slim
10-08-2005, 12:10 AM
I think he would if he was:

A) [censored], which I very much doubt
B) Mat, also doubtful
C) Ray Zee, seems unlikely
D) My dark horse, Jake

partygirluk
10-08-2005, 12:10 AM
It is pretty obvious who he is anyway so this threat is futile.

10-08-2005, 12:12 AM
you don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.

Bob

Sponger15SB
10-08-2005, 12:12 AM
Why wait when I could just do it right now.

MarkL444 is Commodus.

sexdrugsmoney
10-08-2005, 12:13 AM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En respuesta a:</font><hr />

[/ QUOTE ]

Obvious? Please, enlighten us.

10-08-2005, 12:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lay it on the clueless, brah.

10-08-2005, 12:15 AM
A [censored] bob.

Dynasty
10-08-2005, 12:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Would Commodus really even care?

[/ QUOTE ]

Commodus seems sensitive to protecting his identity. So, I think he would care. Knowing that, it would be extremely classless for the few (including me) who know his regular 2+2 username to reveal it.

Commodus has no control over what [censored] is doing and neither do I. It's not something he should be held accountable for.

I have no clue why Mat decided to let [censored] run wild. It should have been plainly obvious the situation would quickly become the mess it has become.

AngryCola
10-08-2005, 12:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Commodus seems sensitive to protecting his identity. So, I think he would care. Knowing that, it would be extremely classless for the few (including me) who know his regular 2+2 username to reveal it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Most people already know his real identity:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v431/AngryCola/tbrady.jpg

imported_anacardo
10-08-2005, 01:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Commodus has no control over what [censored] is doing and neither do I. It's not something he should be held accountable for.

I have no clue why Mat decided to let [censored] run wild. It should have been plainly obvious the situation would quickly become the mess it has become.

[/ QUOTE ]

What mess? I think things have gone very well, considering.

And as for the OP - -

ROME DOES NOT NEGOTIATE WITH TERRORISTS.

daryn
10-08-2005, 01:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

are you serious? OOT is right now, the best it has been in like a year. high volume of quality threads on the first page, less noise... it's great!

one thing though, and i never figured i would be the one to say it, but .. JAKE, COME BACK!

AngryCola
10-08-2005, 01:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]

one thing though, and i never figured i would be the one to say it, but .. JAKE, COME BACK!

[/ QUOTE ]

You and I haven't had a lot to agree on over the last week or so, but I very much agree with you about this.

Seriously, jake does need to come back.

10-08-2005, 01:25 AM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />
Commodus has no control over ... [censored]

[/ QUOTE ]

http://img290.imageshack.us/img290/5945/ohreally1ds.jpg

irishpint
10-08-2005, 01:47 AM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En respuesta a:</font><hr />

[/ QUOTE ]

please no. don't encourage him. please.

Zeno
10-08-2005, 01:51 AM
Commodus had now attained the summit of vice and infamy. Amidst the acclamations of a flattering court, he was unable to disguise, from himself, that he had deserved the contempt and hatred of every man of sense and virtue in his empire. His ferocious spirit was irritated by the consciousness of that hatred, by the envy of every kind of merit, by the just apprehension of danger, and by the habit of slaughter, which he contracted in his daily amusements.

His cruelty proved at last fatal to himself. He had shed with impunity the noblest blood of Rome: he perished as soon as he was dreaded by his own domestics. Marcis his favorite concubine, Eclectus his chamberlain, and Laetus his Praetorian Perfect, alarmed by the fate of their companions and predecessors, resolved to prevent the destruction which every hour hung over their heads, either from the mad caprice of the tyrant, or the sudden indignation of the people.

Marcia seized the occasion of presenting a draught of wine to her lover, after he had fatigued himself with hunting some wild beasts. Commodus retired to sleep; but whilst he was laboring with the effects of poison and drunkenness, a robust young, by profession a wrestler, entered the chamber, and strangled him without resistance. The body was secretly conveyed out of the palace, before the least suspicion was entertained in the city, or even the court, of the emperor’s death. Such was the fate of the son of Marcus, and so easy was it to destroy a hated tyrant, who, by the artificial powers of government, had oppressed, during thirteen years, so many millions of subjects.

From The History of the Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire, Vol. 1 by Edward Gibbon.

tdarko
10-08-2005, 01:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
high volume of quality threads on the first page, less noise... it's great!

[/ QUOTE ]
the first page was just

1. hey [censored]
2. i am [censored]
3. this one...another complaint
4. a message to [censored]

yes there have been some gold threads just as there have always been in the last year and nothing has changed you still will have to weed through the crap to find the gems, just like any other high volume forum.

[censored]
10-08-2005, 01:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
high volume of quality threads on the first page, less noise... it's great!

[/ QUOTE ]
the first page was just

1. hey [censored]
2. i am [censored]
3. this one...another complaint
4. a message to [censored]

yes there have been some gold threads just as there have always been in the last year and nothing has changed you still will have to weed through the crap to find the gems, just like any other high volume forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

give it time baby, im making a list for a mass culling

KDawgCometh
10-08-2005, 01:57 AM
instead of doing it a little at a time, you should just round up all of the suspects and do it in one or two shots

jason_t
10-08-2005, 01:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]

From The History of the Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire, Vol. 1 by Edward Gibbon.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ever since I was an undergraduate and first eyed these volumes at a local bookstore I have been dying to read it. My parents got me the Everyman cloth set last year but alas I haven't had the time.

tdarko
10-08-2005, 01:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
instead of doing it a little at a time, you should just round up all of the suspects and do it in one or two shots

[/ QUOTE ]
then istewart can add it to his genocide thread /images/graemlins/grin.gif

KDawgCometh
10-08-2005, 02:00 AM
its a great series. I've always been interested in the roman empire, and my uncle owns this series, I really suggest that you buy it

jason_t
10-08-2005, 02:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
its a great series. I've always been interested in the roman empire, and my uncle owns this series, I really suggest that you buy it

[/ QUOTE ]

See my edit. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I'm really looking forward to finding the time to read them. Perhaps this Thanksgiving holiday.

KDawgCometh
10-08-2005, 02:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
then istewart can add it to his genocide thread /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

mass executitions are definetly the way to go, and it makes for good public spectacle /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

KDawgCometh
10-08-2005, 02:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm really looking forward finding the time to read them. Perhaps this Thanksgiving holiday.

[/ QUOTE ]

ah, good looks. you'll enjoy them a lot,a very interesting time period

imported_anacardo
10-08-2005, 02:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm really looking forward finding the time to read them. Perhaps this Thanksgiving holiday.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just how much is the Everyman library? Seems like one of the best purchases a man could possibly make.

jason_t
10-08-2005, 02:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just how much is the Everyman library? Seems like one of the best purchases a man could possibly make.

[/ QUOTE ]

The entire library? I wish I knew. It's something I would love to have.

peachy
10-08-2005, 02:15 AM
LOL...i always laugh...its startin to scare me

Ulysses
10-08-2005, 02:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh my. It just keeps getting better.

PoBoy321
10-08-2005, 02:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's been my issue the entire time: Based on what criteria? You've yet to give any specific guidelines of what warrants banning other than "If I think you're a bad poster, you're banned."

Ulysses
10-08-2005, 02:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It should have been plainly obvious the situation would quickly become the mess it has become.

[/ QUOTE ]

If by "quickly become the mess it has become" you mean "be awesome" then yes, I agree 100%.

[censored]
10-08-2005, 02:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's been my issue the entire time: Based on what criteria? You've yet to give any specific guidelines of what warrants banning other than "If I think you're a bad poster, you're banned."

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I've been clear about that from the beginning, what part of that are you failing to understand?

if anything you should be happy as it seems to having given you your own little personal crusade

Ulysses
10-08-2005, 02:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He made a list of crappy behavior he would not tolerate and posted it in the initial thread once he was approved. He has also confirmed statements that I have made regarding my understanding of his policy: Essentially, if you crap up OOT w/ lame, dumbass posts, you will get banned. I have made suggestions such as banning people who use stupid poker analogies to describe RL situations, but he has not taken a position on that as far as I know.

Boris
10-08-2005, 02:22 AM
I am 100% behind censored on this one.

[censored]
10-08-2005, 02:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He made a list of crappy behavior he would not tolerate and posted it in the initial thread once he was approved. He has also confirmed statements that I have made regarding my understanding of his policy: Essentially, if you crap up OOT w/ lame, dumbass posts, you will get banned. I have made suggestions such as banning people who use stupid poker analogies to describe RL situations, but he has not taken a position on that as far as I know.

[/ QUOTE ]

I missed that one but considering Dynasty himself has taken a zero tolerance policy on poker related posts it would seem very appropriate.

PoBoy321
10-08-2005, 02:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Yes I've been clear about that from the beginning, what part of that are you failing to understand?

if anything you should be happy as it seems to having given you your own little personal crusade

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd be much happier if I didn't have to worry about getting banned for calling you out on what I think is a ridiculous policy.

What pisses me off about this whole policy is that it's ultimately the culmination of a longtime effort to try to turn OOT into a lovefest for a couple of posters who feel that they're better than everyone else because they have high post counts. Why don't you just start a new forum that only you, Daryn and ElD can access? Wouldn't that save you a lot of effort?

[censored]
10-08-2005, 02:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I'd be much happier if I didn't have to worry about getting banned for calling you out on what I think is a ridiculous policy.

[/ QUOTE ]
quit being so dramatic and acting like you are being oppressed there have been entire threads devoted to telling me I suck and yet those people are still here.

[ QUOTE ]

Why don't you just start a new forum that only you, Daryn and ElD can access? Wouldn't that save you a lot of effort?

[/ QUOTE ]

what a dumb idea, besides banning benefits almost everyone

ThaSaltCracka
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

PoBoy321
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I remember that response in the original thread, and I addressed it there. He gave a couple of pretty broad guidelines (SIIHP is bad, stupid picture threads are bad, stupid polls are bad, etc.). What he hasn't done, as far as I know, is say what, exactly, constitutes a stupid thread. Before it became huge, would he have considered the Picture War thread to be stupid, ban the OP and lock what turned out to be an awesome thread?

KDawgCometh
10-08-2005, 02:28 AM
I'm just sitting back for the most part watching the spectacle that this is, its kinda fun from where I'm sitting. I'm just trying to be as uninvolved as possible cause its kinda fun sitting in the stands for this

PoBoy321
10-08-2005, 02:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]

quit being so dramatic and acting like you are being oppressed there have been entire threads devoted to telling me I suck and yet those people are still here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I never said I was being oppressed and I don't feel like I am. I think your policy is abusive and I'm telling you that. My issue is that you've openly said that you reserve the right to ban me for it (or anything else, for that matter), which I think is ridiculous.

Just say "I will ban people for doing x, y or z" instead of giving yourself carte blanche and I'll be satisfied. You haven't done it, and until you do, I'll keep asking for it.

jdl22
10-08-2005, 02:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What pisses me off about this whole policy is that it's ultimately the culmination of a longtime effort to try to turn OOT into a lovefest for a couple of posters who feel that they're better than everyone else because they have high post counts. Why don't you just start a new forum that only you, Daryn and ElD can access? Wouldn't that save you a lot of effort?

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah daryn and [censored] are old pals (http://archiveserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=0&amp;Board=exchange&amp;Number=15024 97&amp;Searchpage=1&amp;Main=1502497&amp;Words=ootia+daryn&amp;top ic=&amp;Search=true#Post1502497)

10-08-2005, 02:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? I thought you were down on your knees. (tsc)

Zeno
10-08-2005, 02:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Here's been my issue the entire time: Based on what criteria?

[/ QUOTE ]

You have the brain of a Toad.

Be thankful [censored] is doing this. If it was I; 90% of you would be taken out and shot.

Le Misanthrope

razor
10-08-2005, 02:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
a couple of posters who feel that they're better than everyone else because they have high post counts.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's got nothing to do with high post counts.

jason_t
10-08-2005, 02:38 AM
What happened to you? Back in the shawn_p days you were the man.

Stuey
10-08-2005, 02:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah daryn and [censored] are old pals (http://archiveserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=0&amp;Board=exchange&amp;Number=15024 97&amp;Searchpage=1&amp;Main=1502497&amp;Words=ootia+daryn&amp;top ic=&amp;Search=true#Post1502497)

[/ QUOTE ]

[censored] really shows Daryn up there. Both of them has done the same to me in the past. I think I got the pecking order straight now. /images/graemlins/blush.gif I will be quiet now.

Good post jdl22

PoBoy321
10-08-2005, 02:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You do realize that under the current policy, the whole Shawn_P debacle never would have happened? After the first thread, [censored] would have said that he was clogging up the forum, blocked him, and one of the best things that ever happened in this forum never would have happened.

jason_t
10-08-2005, 02:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You do realize that under the current policy, the whole Shawn_P debacle never would have happened? After the first thread, [censored] would have said that he was clogging up the forum, blocked him, and one of the best things that ever happened in this forum never would have happened.

[/ QUOTE ]

After today's event with the Jesus__christ thread I think that [censored]'s role is better defined and he won't be making any mistakes like that.

Nice dodging of the question. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Ulysses
10-08-2005, 02:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the beauty of the policy. You should not change a thing. Just post whatever you think should be posted. If the forum decides you are a dumbass and bans you, WTF, this is a forum that thinks you're a dumbass! Why would you want to be in a forum where you being yourself is considered a dumbass? I can tell you this, if I went to a forum and wrote what I felt like writing and they banned me, I would think "what a f'd up forum, f those guys, lemme find someplace not full of such dumbasses."

If you are not a dumbass, just post away. Either it will turn out that you are not a dumbass and everything is cool, or you are considered a dumbass in the eyes of this forum and you wouldn't want to be here anyway!

Ulysses
10-08-2005, 02:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
a couple of posters who feel that they're better than everyone else because they have high post counts.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are talking about me, I do not feel I'm better than anyone because I have a high post count. I do feel like I'm better than many because they are dumbasses, though.

PoBoy321
10-08-2005, 02:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Nice dodging of the question.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, sorry. What exactly was the question again? I'm not sure what happened to me, as far as I can tell, all I've done is call [censored] out on this issue, and since it's basically been running the forum for the last couple of days, it's the only thing I've been talking about.

As a caveat, I haven't checked the forum all day. I had classes from 9-4, then spent nearly 8 hours in a car for what should have been a 4 hour trip. Give me a little time to get caught up because I don't know about the jesus_christ thread.

jdl22
10-08-2005, 02:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are talking about me, I do not feel I'm better than anyone because I have a high post count. I do feel like I'm better than many because they are dumbasses, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Also, you on occasion bang hot bitches.

10-08-2005, 02:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, they don't get it, and they never will. Face it, it is no different here then in #sstakes, either join the cliche or be banned.

Kids will be kids.

The only rules that need to be enforced here are the simple ones on the top of the page by Mat. It's that simple. [censored] can have all the short term fun he wants, it is not going to change the nature of this forum.

You think things have been cleaner this week? They have, but it's not because of [censored]. It is because you don't have Jake auto-replying to every crap thread and keeping them alive and you didn't have Patrick and his overused steaming pile of [censored] posted 50 times a day.

The board is not alphabetized. Crappy threads roll off the bottom when, among others, these two idiots aren't around to bump them all day with worthless taco-bell replies. If you can't see that, you are all blind.

Halve the idiots in this thread act like their [censored] doesn't stink and that they are the voice of maturity, yet they can't seem to resist opening, reading and complaining about crappy threads.

Go figure.

PoBoy321
10-08-2005, 02:51 AM
It's not the forum that's deciding, it's [censored]. If there were some way that we could collectively vote people out of the forum, I'd be fine with it. As a matter of fact, I'd support it. My issue is that [censored] has given himself unlimited power to ban whoever he sees fit and the possibility of posters, who are enjoyed by at least a significant portion of the forum, being banned is too high IMO.

PoBoy321
10-08-2005, 02:53 AM
This is, by far, the most intelligent post I've seen in this forum in quite some time.

sublime
10-08-2005, 02:58 AM
i was thinking to myself on the way home from the sox game that i am a recluse and need to change my life. i was pretty down on myself. then i came to OOT and have no idea what the hell i going on with all the [censored] stuff, and suddenly felt better. so thank you OOT. for making me realize that i have yet to hit rock bottom.

thatpfunk
10-08-2005, 03:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
poboy, look... everyone that doesn't suck is not worried. everyone that does suck is whining and complaining. you don't suck. embrace it.

10-08-2005, 03:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This is, by far, the most intelligent post I've seen in this forum in quite some time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Notice how they all of a sudden shut-up too?

PoBoy321
10-08-2005, 03:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]

poboy, look... everyone that doesn't suck is not worried. everyone that does suck is whining and complaining. you don't suck. embrace it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not worried about being banned and I never said that I was. I'm worried about potentially good posters getting banned because they make a couple of dumb posts early on without knowing what does and doesn't fly around here.

EDIT: I just feel like this is a continuation of a longterm effort to keep this forum as nothing more than a playground for a small group of regulars. The same guys who are constantly saying "Remember when OOT was good?" "Back when I first started..." etc. If that's what they wanted, they can go to MySpace and start their own private forum, they shouldn't start mass bannings of everyone they don't like.

Ulysses
10-08-2005, 03:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
either join the cliche or be banned.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you mean clique?

10-08-2005, 03:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you mean clique?

[/ QUOTE ]

That is the best reply you could come up with? I thought you where the all mighty?

Sad.

Ulysses
10-08-2005, 03:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you mean clique?

[/ QUOTE ]

That is the best reply you could come up with? I thought you where the all mighty?

Sad.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't reply because I already explained the situation in detail to PoBoy. What did you not understand? There is nothing to worry about unless you are a dumbass. And if you are, why would you want to be here? Adios.

10-08-2005, 03:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you mean clique?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sad.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't reply because I already explained the situation in detail to PoBoy. What did you not understand? There is nothing to worry about unless you aren't in the clique. And if you aren't, why would you want to be here? Adios.

[/ QUOTE ]

Victor
10-08-2005, 03:32 AM
i was up 2500. now i am even.

Ulysses
10-08-2005, 03:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you mean clique?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sad.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't reply because I already explained the situation in detail to PoBoy. What did you not understand? There is nothing to worry about unless you aren't in the clique. And if you aren't, why would you want to be here? Adios.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Mr. Bergis, until this recent episode, I really barely knew who [censored] was, besides recognizing him as a guy who posted from time to time. I probably could not have told you a single thing that he posted or anything about his opinions. How on earth do you get that I am in any way in a clique with him? I mean, I guess you could say I'm lying, but I'm not. I've never PM'd the guy, don't know his AIM, and am not sure if I've ever responded to a post of his.

Dynasty
10-08-2005, 03:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i was thinking to myself on the way home from the sox game that i am a recluse and need to change my life...so thank you OOT. for making me realize that i have yet to hit rock bottom.

[/ QUOTE ]

You should have hit rock bottom in October of 2003. Or, if you're old enough, October of 1986.

PoBoy321
10-08-2005, 03:42 AM
This certainly begs the question of why, if you had no idea who he was, you were so quick to support him as the one to determine who should and should not be banned.

[censored]
10-08-2005, 03:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This certainly begs the question of why, if you had no idea who he was, you were so quick to support him as the one to determine who should and should not be banned.

[/ QUOTE ]

He recognizes a good idea when he sees one?

10-08-2005, 03:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you mean clique?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sad.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Mr. Bergis, until this recent episode, I really barely knew who [censored] was, besides recognizing him as a guy who posted from time to time. I probably could not have told you a single thing that he posted or anything about his opinions. How on earth do you get that I am in any way in a clique with him? I mean, I guess you could say I'm lying, but I'm not. I've never PM'd the guy, don't know his AIM, and am not sure if I've ever responded to a post of his.

[/ QUOTE ]

Clique
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

This article is about social groups, for other uses see Clique (disambiguation).

A clique is an informal and restricted social group formed by a number of people who share common interests - formal social groups are referred to as societies or organisations. Cliques are most notably found amongst groups of teenagers, primarily in high schools and colleges, but also in other similar environments. In a general manner, cliques are more prominent amongst females.

Cliques at times have complex structures, and characteristics tend to differ between one another. However, one characteristic which is common to all cliques is the existence of a defined power structure, generally comprised of a leader (or a few leaders), followers (refer to the article on leadership) and pariahs. Thus, it is innacurate to describe all social groups of teenagers as cliques, as often said groups do not have any particular power structure.
Contents
[hide]

* 1 Structure
o 1.1 Queen bee
o 1.2 Outcast
* 2 Arguments for and against cliques
o 2.1 For
o 2.2 Against
* 3 See also
* 4 External links

[edit]

Structure

Social roles within cliques vary, but two roles commonly associated with female cliques are notably applicable to most cliques - that of the "queen bee" and that of the "outcast".
[edit]

Queen bee

The queen bee is the clique's leader. Characteristics often associated to her are a pleasant appearance, charisma, skill in manipulation and monetary power. The queen bee has substantial influence and power over the clique, and is usually envied and looked upon as a role model by clique members and at times by outsiders to the clique. Her actions are closely followed and imitated, even though they may not be of a positive nature.

With this, the social role of the "outcast" is defined, as individuals that the queen bee dislikes may be classified by her as such, thus encouraging clique members to victimize the outcast, in order to continue to be part of the clique or to receive praise from the queen bee.

In most cliques there is, at least to some degree, a power struggle for the position of the queen bee. Hence, the clique's leader might change from time to time, for example due to a member (or non-member) exceeding the queen bee's abilities and thus attracting followers of the old clique leader. Outside influences may also act upon the social structure of the clique, such as changing interests or increasing maturity among clique members.
[edit]

Outcast

The outcast is a person who does not fit into any specific clique, and as such, at times faces physical and psychological aggression from clique members. It is not common for witnesses to defend an outcast, as most fear being rejected and potentially becoming an outcast themselves.

Ultimately, most of the damage an outcast receives is psychological. Feelings of isolation and enmity may result into the outcast developing clinical depression, psychological trauma and, in some cases, suicidal thoughts. Outcasts may have difficulty seeking help from an adult or relative, as a collective impression that such an act is humiliating is present within adolescent social groups in general. It is plausible to assume that clique members themselves create this impression, in order to avoid being confronted by adults.
[edit]

Arguments for and against cliques
[edit]

For

It may be enjoyable to be part of a clique, as members are regularly involved in social and recreational activities, such as going out together. Clique members may also forge closer and more lasting friendships, as they socialise with each other more often and generally have common interests. It is also believed by some that being part of a clique creates a sense of belonging, and benefits the social skills of a person.
[edit]

Against

Clique members may be influenced through peer pressure to engage in actions perceived by most as negative or damaging, such as smoking or drug use. Cliques may also be a source of distraction from studies, both for clique members and for the outcasts they victimize; outcasts may suffer long-term psychological damage resulting from the bullying they suffer. Arguments have been made that cliques have been responsible for tragedies such as the Columbine High School massacre.

----------------------------------

Looks like it fits to me.

Ulysses
10-08-2005, 03:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounded like a great idea with no downside that I could see and a lot of potential upside.

Ulysses
10-08-2005, 03:58 AM
I just read this far:

[ QUOTE ]
A clique is an informal and restricted social group formed by a number of people who share common interests

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I agree, by that standard, I can be in a clique w/ [censored]. But, by that standard, OOT is also a clique. So, I guess I'm not sure what your point was. It seems like you think the clique is bad, but you think it is bad to be banned from being in the clique and you also want to be in the clique. Well, actually, I'm not sure what you mean. Seems very circular to me.

I explained how this all works out for everyone in my response above to PoBoy. Did you need anything from that clarified? It seemed pretty straightforward to me.

Phoenix1010
10-08-2005, 04:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh man. This is exciting. I have this idea of you banning like a quarter of the board. This can only end in awesome.

mmbt0ne
10-08-2005, 04:34 AM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
Here's been my issue the entire time: Based on what criteria?

[/ QUOTE ]

You have the brain of a Toad.

Be thankful [censored] is doing this. If it was I; 90% of you would be taken out and shot.

Le Misanthrope

[/ QUOTE ]

Good to know I'm not the only one rooting for the birds in this Avian Flu pandemic.

mmbt0ne
10-08-2005, 04:42 AM

No, they don't get it, and they never will. Face it, it is no different here then in #sstakes, either join the cliche or be banned.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like someone was a bullshit lurker. You probably deserved to be kick-banned ho. BTW, it's clique not cliche. That's a bad clique/niche combo. STFU.

Kids will be kids.

[/ QUOTE ]

And people who suck will complain about it. Such is life.

The only rules that need to be enforced here are the simple ones on the top of the page by Mat. It's that simple. [censored] can have all the short term fun he wants, it is not going to change the nature of this forum.

You think things have been cleaner this week? They have, but it's not because of [censored]. It is because you don't have Jake auto-replying to every crap thread and keeping them alive and you didn't have Patrick and his overused steaming pile of [censored] posted 50 times a day.

[/ QUOTE ]

We wouldn't need pile of [censored] if you assholes didn't post the same goddamn subject 18 times a day.

Halve the idiots in this thread act like their [censored] doesn't stink and that they are the voice of maturity, yet they can't seem to resist opening, reading and complaining about crappy threads.

Go figure.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, go figure indeed. You're the one bitching. As I said earlier, STFU.

Michael Davis
10-08-2005, 04:44 AM
Okay, as a compromise, I will accept "Little Pimp." However, I will not accept little. If this is not changed soon, Commodus is out of the closet!

And before Commodus comes here to whine about how unfair I am being, let it be known that Commodus, as ruler, must take full responsibility for making the intitial decision to change the name. The aftereffects are your doing. Clean up your empire, or else.

Also, if anyone needs confirmation of my pimp status, I just passed up guaranteed action from the girl I had a crush on forever. Sorry, no story forthcoming.

-Michael

Colonel Kataffy
10-08-2005, 09:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Also, if anyone needs confirmation of my pimp status, I just passed up guaranteed action from the girl I had a crush on forever. Sorry, no story forthcoming.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure pimps don't have crushes. Well, maybe "little" pimps do.

David04
10-08-2005, 10:08 AM
Why is Mr. Bergis still posting? Where is [censored] when you need him?

lem45216
10-08-2005, 10:10 AM
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y186/lozthefunkybassist/spartacus.jpg

I am Commodus!

partygirluk
10-08-2005, 10:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually the clues are all there. The main clue involves a massive bluff but Mat Sklansky. As a ***** player you should be able to work it out.

Luv2DriveTT
10-08-2005, 10:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Okay, as a compromise, I will accept "Little Pimp." However, I will not accept little. If this is not changed soon, Commodus is out of the closet!

[/ QUOTE ]

With that one sentence alone, Commodus is now set free from the closet to me.

PS: Nice title.... it's pimp.

TT /images/graemlins/club.gif

4_2_it
10-08-2005, 10:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I am Commodus!

[/ QUOTE ]

daryn
10-08-2005, 11:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i'd be much happier if we lived in a world where nobody was dumb enough to think that they would get banned just for "calling [censored] out" on what you think is a ridiculous policy.

daryn
10-08-2005, 11:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He recognizes a good idea when he sees one?

[/ QUOTE ]

i think this is important. i have had my run-ins with [censored] in the past, but no doubt i was being too harsh, and i apologize. still, it's not like we are buddies or anything, it's just that the idea is a great one, and can really do something for OOT.

Voltron87
10-08-2005, 12:12 PM
poboy- im really surprised youre not behind this idea. i dont think youre looking at it the right way.

as for people saying im brownnosing [censored], thats the stupidest thing ive ever heard. i hardly know anything about him, i just recognized his avatar/name. its so funny to see people actually get worked up over this, its getting towards genius.

DavidC
10-08-2005, 12:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Did someone stay up all night reading The Prince? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

DavidC
10-08-2005, 12:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is there a way to ban someone from just one forum, because if not, we could lose a lot of poker content in other forums by making bans in OOT.

10-08-2005, 12:30 PM
"You think things have been cleaner this week? They have, but it's not because of [censored]. It is because you don't have Jake auto-replying to every crap thread and keeping them alive and you didn't have Patrick and his overused steaming pile of [censored] posted 50 times a day."

This is exactly why I thought Jake's title should be changed to "first responder", it is so fitting. And the use of that picture is so old.

Good points.

polltard

10-08-2005, 12:46 PM
[Censored] is an hijo de puta.

touchfaith
10-08-2005, 01:34 PM
It's really funny to watch you nimrods argue over something as pety as OOT. You all act like if OOT went away, 2+2 would cease to exist.

Do you realize how disrespectful to David and Mason that is? I know...you (generic) don't really care, but, the simple fact of the matter is that the people who created this poker site, didn't do it 'for OOT'.

This is the left-over crap. Period. If you feel the need to fix this portion of the site, rather then learn from the rest of it, you should seriously consider taking up a new profession/hobby.

Gee, I wonder what the over/under is on this exact situation coming up again in a month or so...you know...like it did a month or so ago...

Morans.

Voltron87
10-08-2005, 01:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It's really funny to watch you nimrods argue over something as pety as OOT. You all act like if OOT went away, 2+2 would cease to exist.

Do you realize how disrespectful to David and Mason that is? I know...you (generic) don't really care, but, the simple fact of the matter is that the people who created this poker site, didn't do it 'for OOT'.

This is the left-over crap. Period. If you feel the need to fix this portion of the site, rather then learn from the rest of it, you should seriously consider taking up a new profession/hobby.

Gee, I wonder what the over/under is on this exact situation coming up again in a month or so...you know...like it did a month or so ago...

Morans.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is a really good post, especially relative to the normal crap you post.

imported_anacardo
10-08-2005, 01:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Morans.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it isn't. It's stupid.

Peoples' feelings, such as they are, for OOT have nothing to do with their presence in the strategy forums. Our enjoyment of hot chicks and what's for lunch in no way lessens our appreciation for the learning resource that is this great forum, and I feel quite certain that S&amp;M understand &amp; appreciate this very well, when they bother to even spare it a thought.

Voltron87
10-08-2005, 02:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Morans.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it isn't. It's stupid.

Peoples' feelings, such as they are, for OOT have nothing to do with their presence in the strategy forums. Our enjoyment of hot chicks and what's for lunch in no way lessens our appreciation for the learning resource that is this great forum, and I feel quite certain that S&amp;M understand &amp; appreciate this very well, when they bother to even spare it a thought.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is a really shitty post, but not so much relative to the normal crap you post.

imported_anacardo
10-08-2005, 02:02 PM
Oh, I think I can safely leave this one to the people.

TStoneMBD
10-08-2005, 02:09 PM
i take pride in the fact that i am one of the very few people who knows who commodus is. i dont know how you would know so im calling your bluff on this one.

no im not revealing his identity either so dont ask.

PoBoy321
10-08-2005, 02:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]

i'd be much happier if we lived in a world where nobody was dumb enough to think that they would get banned just for "calling [censored] out" on what you think is a ridiculous policy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Despite my personal feelings that you are a self-agrandizing, arrongant jackass aside, I'll treat this as some sort of legitimate response.

I don't think that [censored] will ban me for being vocal about the fact that I think his modship is ridiculous, but he has never said that he would never ban someone simply for opposing him. He's left it open to his own discretion of anything that constitutes "stupid" or "retarded" posting. I have some general idea of what, in my mind, constitutes bad posting, but I have no idea what it constitutes in [censored]'s mind.

There may be some posters on this board who are qualified to determine what constitutes good or bad posting but I have no reason to believe that it is [censored].

Ulysses
10-08-2005, 02:55 PM
PoBoy, to follow up on what I posted earlier.

I think either this will work out, or it won't. If it doesn't, most likely scenario is that his powers are taken away, some people are reinstated, and everything goes back to how it was. Absolute "worst case" people run away from OOT, it becomes a wasteland, and withers away as a forum. How big a deal would even that be?

KDawgCometh
10-08-2005, 02:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Did someone stay up all night reading The Prince? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I have lived by the principals of The Prince since I was 16 /images/graemlins/grin.gif

PoBoy321
10-08-2005, 02:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I think either this will work out, or it won't. If it doesn't, most likely scenario is that his powers are taken away, some people are reinstated, and everything goes back to how it was. Absolute "worst case" people run away from OOT, it becomes a wasteland, and withers away as a forum. How big a deal would even that be?

[/ QUOTE ]

I certainly wouldn't lose any sleep if everyone stopped posting in OOT and it turned into the stock Market forum or something that gets about 5 posts a day, but I think that OOT can actually be really funny/interesting and that making a random poster who decided to proclaim himself the ultimate authority on who should be banned is more likely to lead OOT to the worst case scenario than the best case.

Sephus
10-08-2005, 03:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
PoBoy, to follow up on what I posted earlier.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think that would make my life better, actually.

KDawgCometh
10-08-2005, 03:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]

as for people saying im brownnosing [censored], thats the stupidest thing ive ever heard. i hardly know anything about him, i just recognized his avatar/name. its so funny to see people actually get worked up over this, its getting towards genius.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not getting worked up at all, its just the nut swinging that you're doing on [censored] is getting to the ridiculous point. At least El D is being funny and I can imagine [censored] sitting at his comp drinking a beer and laughing, but you are just being a tool and saying, "ban this guy", "ban this guy".

I never had anything against you before as you were just another poster just as much as I am just another poster, but your take on this whole thing is rather weak and unfunny(which I think is point of all of this, I just don't care enough to get all wraped up in it the way some are)

SackUp
10-08-2005, 03:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i take pride in the fact that i am one of the very few people who knows who commodus is. i dont know how you would know so im calling your bluff on this one.

no im not revealing his identity either so dont ask.

[/ QUOTE ]

You take pride in knowing who the person is behind a moderator's name in a forum??

You must not have much in your life to be proud of then.

B00T
10-08-2005, 03:31 PM
The problem with the board is people feel the need to respond to EVERY post. If you have over 200 posts a month in 00T you should be banned.

If you have more than 2500 posts since Jan 1st of this year, you should be banned.

Why can't people just post meaningful posts when they have something legitimate to contribute to the conversation.

I am #1 on swinging on Blarg's nuts but at least his posts arent a 1 sentence answer, and are always on topic. Even his bs posts when talking with mslif were still decent to read.

Most people dont care about the average post or what others have to say, and post to draw attention to themselves. Most people wont care about this one, or what I have to say but I might as well flap to hear myself flap and fit in. I know depsite being here for as long as I have and making on avg ~2 posts a day instead of 20 I dont clutter this place up.

I'm glad [censored] is going to ban a ton of people, anyone who is even considered to be banned should just be banned. Clear all this useless self promotion and look at me garbage outta here.

BusterStacks
10-08-2005, 03:55 PM
PoBoy, I think you are failing to realize that a good chunk of the people who support [censored] don't really care about specific guidelines for banning. He has shown good judgement in the past, and there is no reason to think he won't continue to.

In fact, I almost prefer arbitrary criteria. If the only rule was "don't be a goddamn idiot", and you can't figure out what that means based on YOUR good judgement, then you probably deserve to be banned. It's really not that hard.

And btw, yeah you used to be pretty cool, but you are acting like a douche about this whole mod thing.

AngryCola
10-08-2005, 05:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
He has shown good judgement in the past

[/ QUOTE ]

*laugh* People who believe this are quite amusing.

It's nice that you guys talk on AIM and all, but that doesn't mean his judgement has been anything but poor in the past.

diebitter
10-08-2005, 06:54 PM
the only decent message to Commodus should surely be:

Qui Custodes Custodiat?

Am I missing something?

daryn
10-08-2005, 07:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Despite my personal feelings that you are a self-agrandizing, arrongant jackass aside, I'll treat this as some sort of legitimate response.

I don't think that [censored] will ban me for being vocal about the fact that I think his modship is ridiculous, but he has never said that he would never ban someone simply for opposing him. He's left it open to his own discretion of anything that constitutes "stupid" or "retarded" posting. I have some general idea of what, in my mind, constitutes bad posting, but I have no idea what it constitutes in [censored]'s mind.

There may be some posters on this board who are qualified to determine what constitutes good or bad posting but I have no reason to believe that it is [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

i've noticed something over the years. the only people who think i am a jackass are the dumbest 5% of the population.

AngryCola
10-08-2005, 07:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i've noticed something over the years. the only people who think i am a jackass are the dumbest 5% of the population.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't think you were a jackass before this statement, but now I'm wondering.

Phoenix1010
10-08-2005, 07:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I am Commodus!

[/ QUOTE ]

htf did this get overlooked? This is gold. Corny but clever, thumbs up.

Voltron87
10-08-2005, 07:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't think you were a jackass before this statement, but now I'm wondering.

[/ QUOTE ]

thats weird, because youve always been in the dumbest 5% of the population.

AngryCola
10-08-2005, 07:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]

thats weird, because youve always been in the dumbest 5% of the population.

[/ QUOTE ]

Coming from you, this means nothing.

In fact, I know what you say isn't true, but defending myself further against a fool is pointless.

Now, why don't you go back to not responding to my posts, because you always end up looking even more stupid (hard to fathom) when you try to argue with me.

Dynasty
10-08-2005, 07:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually the clues are all there. The main clue involves a massive bluff but Mat Sklansky. As a ***** player you should be able to work it out.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know how to turn any metal into gold. But, I"m not telling anybody. You should be able to work it out.

TimTimSalabim
10-08-2005, 07:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Jackass? Maybe. Delusional? Definitely.