PDA

View Full Version : Can somebody please explain to me ..

10-07-2005, 11:01 PM
How to play Omaha Hi and Omaha Hi Lo. I know how to play Omaha, but this Hi Lo thing confuses the hell out of me. The biggest confusion for me is who wins the pot between a flush and a low hand or something like that.

DarthIgnurnt
10-07-2005, 11:29 PM
I'd answer this, but I'm so intrigued what the other of your two posts is that I have to look for that instead.

ipp147
10-08-2005, 05:49 AM
Google is your friend (http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=Omaha+%2F8+basic+rules&meta=)

Acesover8s
10-08-2005, 12:08 PM
This is a simple query, and I'm not sure why the other posters are not answering you succinctly.

The low hand is ranked by the quality of its highest low card, the lowest being best. The ranks of winning hands are as follows from weakest to strongest.

One Pair
8 Low
Two Pair
7 Low
Three of a Kind
Straight
6 Low
Flush
Full House
Four of a Kind
Straight Flush
Wheel (5-low)

Hope this helps.

John Bedtelyon
10-08-2005, 07:21 PM
It's a split game.

The best high hand splits with the best (or worst) low hand. Straights and flushes don't count against your low, so the lowest hand possible is A2345.

You say you know how to play omaha, so you know you must use two cards right? You can use two cards from your hand to make a high hand, and any other two cards (or the same) to make a low hand. Thusly, AA23 two suited is a very strong hand.

Enough with that as this is the wrong forum for this answer but the same goes with omaha hi.

With four cards in your hand, you can make some really great straight draws, and back door flushes add some equity. Anyhow, tons could be said but I think I answered your basic question.

Must use two cards from your hand and three board cards, that's the biggest thing to get used too.

JMB