PDA

View Full Version : Cashing out by cheque.

Pasty11
05-23-2003, 07:05 AM
Hi.

I am A Brit who has just started playing online at low limits, party poker. I am getting close to the target for my first cash out, I plan to take $500 out of a roll of $600. My question is will PP send me the cheque in pounds sterling, or will I have to get it converted. What are the charges for this.

glass
05-23-2003, 12:19 PM
Some poker sites are starting to give customers the option of withdrawing in pounds sterling but I think most still send a dollar cheque. Barclays usually charge about £6 for conversion although it can be more.

nicky g
05-23-2003, 12:53 PM
HSBC charge about a fiver up to $500, and more for more. Also you lose on the conversion rates, of course. Netteller have mentioned that they are hoping to be able to deal with European bank accounts soon. If this is a pain, you might try ladbrokes, the players are terrible there too. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Pasty11
05-23-2003, 01:31 PM
Thanks for that,
I now have some follow on questions.

1. Which sites pay out in £.
2. Which sites that pay out in £ also accept intial deposits via Neteller (Ladbrokes dosnt and neither does William Hill) As this would be the easiest way of tranfering funds from Party (Non £ paying bastiches:( ).

In short any online poker room that accepts deposits Neteller and cashes out in £cheques.

lorinda
05-23-2003, 03:23 PM
You also need to be aware, that although most banks honour the cheque after a few days, they can make you wait for up to eight weeks for your money because this is how long it takes them to actually clear it.

This very rarely comes into play, but just in case you are planning on using it the next day, you might need a backup option.

Lori