PDA

View Full Version : All-in with any 2?

housenuts
10-07-2005, 08:40 PM
Stars $15+1 Turbo

BB is tight. Can I go AI here with any 2? what if he isn't tight, but avg.?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t400 (6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

BB (t2985)
UTG (t580)
MP (t1260)
CO (t5895)
Button (t1130)
Hero (t1650)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t1650</font>, <font color="#666666">

10-07-2005, 08:45 PM
If he is tight like you are saying, then yes. Certainly. A tight player will have a very small range of hands he is going to call an allin with, so make the push.

However an average player has a much bigger range of hands and might call with an two high cards, or any suited connectors which could possibly put your tourney life in jeopardy. Folding with an average player in the BB is a safe play in this case.

10-07-2005, 08:56 PM
I think he could be calling with any pair, K, A, or "twenty" and this is still a push, no?

10-07-2005, 09:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think he could be calling with any pair, K, A, or "twenty" and this is still a push, no?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not at this point, I dont think. I mean atleast not pushing with any two against someone who is going to call with any pair, Ax or Kx. I mean he has t1600 chips left. He can afford to fold and walk the BB.

But like I said before. If he is up against a known tight player, then yeah... he can push with any 2 here.

Nicholasp27
10-07-2005, 09:10 PM
general rule of thumb:

&lt;5bbs in sb folded to you = pooooosh any2

if u have read that they'll call with more than 'maniacal' range, then tighten your pushing range somewhat

Mr_J
10-07-2005, 10:25 PM
" I mean atleast not pushing with any two against someone who is going to call with any pair, Ax or Kx"

Any 2 is easily a push vs nearly any opponent here. Even vs your range this is still a clear push.

10-07-2005, 10:49 PM
If BB is tight enough, you can push any 2 in a lot more situations than this. As for this specific case, a relatively loose BB (Any pair, any ace, any king, any queen) will still fold enough to make this +EV. You don't get into break even until he starts calling with jacks and tens.

Of course, if he knew you were pushing any two, he'd be correct to call something like top two-thirds. It's also worth noting that he can afford to call you a little more loosely than he might otherwise, since losing to you won't completely cripple him.

This is a tough spot, though. BB is probably the one guy against who you have real folding equity, both because he's tight and because you can seriously dent his stack while folding his BB to your steals (even if he knows you're stealing) doesn't hurt him that much in the short run. The other big stack can afford to call liberally, and the short stacks will all have at least 1/3 of their stack in the middle in the BB, making them fairly pot committed.

After running through all this, I think this probably is a push any two situation for hero, but I doubt I'd have the nuts to do it in the heat of the moment (which is why I probably need to play more with SNGPT).

runner4life7
10-07-2005, 11:39 PM
easy push

pearljam
10-08-2005, 12:29 AM
this is a push against almost everyone

tigerite
10-08-2005, 02:48 PM
Yes this is an easy push. He has to be calling more than top 38% of hands for it not to be. That's 22+,A2+,K4o+,K2s+,Q9o+,Q6s+,JTo,J9s+,T9s