PDA

View Full Version : Another Tricky Hand

KaneKungFu123
10-07-2005, 07:31 PM
Not against same player, but my notes give a similar message this time in the form of "Never Folds".

Sh'ed. From Memory, some details maybe just off.

I believe he was shorter then $2K, maybe $1800.

I make it $80 on Button with K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif J /images/graemlins/spade.gif
He calls in one of the blinds.

Flop

J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif

He checks and I bet the pot($160), He raises to about $350

Spladle Master
10-07-2005, 08:32 PM
I would usually call this. I do not think a fold is right because your hand is too good, and although a case can be made for re-raising if he truly "never folds," I am going to assume that that note really just means that he's loose. So I think a re-raise will fold out worse jacks and get called by the hands that beat us.

I'd be prepared to fold on a later street but it would depend on what came off and what I thought he had.

Ulysses
10-07-2005, 08:35 PM
Do you ever check this flop? My default is definitely to fire, but I check from time to time for balancing reasons.

Against most players, I call here and re-evaluate on the turn.

KaneKungFu123
10-07-2005, 08:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Do you ever check this flop? My default is definitely to fire, but I check from time to time for balancing reasons.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont check too often here, but i will normally bet only half the pot, which wouldve made it easier to call the raise and re-evaluate the turn.

creedofhubris
10-07-2005, 09:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont check too often here, but i will normally bet only half the pot, which wouldve made it easier to call the raise and re-evaluate the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you've answered your own question.

I'd still call this raise.