PDA

View Full Version : Seat Selection

HonestIago15
10-07-2005, 07:07 PM
For many of you who play the 109's and the 215's (and possibly the 55's)seat selection probably has more to do with good players you recognize at the table than anything else. For the rest of us, seat selection doesn't matter, as long as it makes playing multiple tables easier. I've found that this entails having all of your seats towards the center of the screen so that you can see all your hands by glancing at one place. Many people I've talked to will just take the corner they need first, but if that is unavailable, just take a seat one to the right or left of it.

I, however, refuse to do this. And it has nothing to do with being anal about having my seats perfectly centered.

Here's my thought - Since most good players will always sit on the corner of a table (as they will probably be playing multiple tables). Therefore, if I occupy a corner of the table, the spot that good players will first go for, I am decreasing the chance that I am sitting with other good players. Some good players who are either anal or think the same way i do may not sit at a table AT ALL if they can't get a corner seat. For this reason, I believe never sitting at a seat other than a corner seat to be +EV.

Thoughts?

TheNoodleMan
10-07-2005, 07:11 PM
Every second you spend thinking about this is a second that you are not improving your game. The average lifespan of an American is 77.6 years, quit wasting it.

HonestIago15
10-07-2005, 07:13 PM

It occurred to me while folding everything but PP's and AQ or better in the first level of my tournies...

Besides, i don't think it's nearly as absurd as you seem to believe it is. Any time you can minimize the number of good players your up against, it's worth consideration.

tshort
10-07-2005, 07:16 PM
I think that's silly.

I prefer to sit in seats 1, 5, 6, and 10. I don't mind if the seat I'm looking for is full. Even if I sat at random seats I wouldn't have a problem following my hands.

HonestIago15
10-07-2005, 07:32 PM
Well, I suppose the only way to find out if this is ridiculous is to take a poll, and find out how many 2+2ers are particular about where they sit.

ebaudry
10-07-2005, 07:39 PM
I think its a very sound idea. Its impossible to quantify, but clearly this is at least neutral, if not positive, so it should be done.

And incidentally, to all those reading this post, choose the corners seats from now on. Think about it. Be as anal or not as you like, but we'll all run into each other slightly less in the long run which is free money.

HonestIago15
10-07-2005, 07:44 PM
Right on, that's a great idea.

If 2+2er's always chose only corner seats, it would be beneficial for all of us. We would be guaranteed to have at least 6 non-2+2ers at every table, and most of the time more.

It's +EV baby.

MegaBet
10-07-2005, 07:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Right on, that's a great idea.

If 2+2er's always chose only corner seats, it would be beneficial for all of us. We would be guaranteed to have at least 6 non-2+2ers at every table, and most of the time more.

It's +EV baby.

[/ QUOTE ]

I play better against 2+2ers...I'd better avoid the corners /images/graemlins/grin.gif

runner4life7
10-07-2005, 08:39 PM
I only sit in the corners and never anywhere else so Im an example of that.

10-07-2005, 08:50 PM
Did someone say +EV?

Im hitting the corners baby!