PDA

View Full Version : this is 2 FUNNY

albert
05-23-2003, 03:59 AM
i was checking out pokerstars website about the players they send to the WSOP. well it also included their player id and real name next to it. all the names such as "missvicky,marybeth and mrs. solid" are actually men LMAO. what a bunch of fags lol.

crazy canuck
05-23-2003, 04:12 AM
Don't forget about Brenda_B (although not a WSOP player), whose picture is on the very front.

yct
05-23-2003, 04:20 AM
I've also noticed it. It makes you wonder why they pretend to be female.

Simon Diamond
05-23-2003, 07:47 AM
It might actually be a reference to their wives/girlfriends or their daughters. I doubt the players concerned give a stuff what other people think about them, if they are winning.

Simon

Kurn, son of Mogh
05-23-2003, 08:44 AM
In the interest of full disclosure, I'll attest that I am actually not a Klingon /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

Emperor
05-23-2003, 10:59 AM
They have a law in Pennsylvania that could get your butt thrown in jail for saying something like his. Better hope they don't read the forum, or an indictment will be on its way.

Seriously.

Kurn, son of Mogh
05-23-2003, 11:13 AM
In PA you could get thrown in jail for expressing an opinion??!!?

So I guess I missed it when PA seceded from the US, or doen't the First Amendment apply there?

Sarge85
05-23-2003, 02:27 PM
I can't believe you can't see the logic of having a female name, especially if you are a high caliber poker player. A common sterotype is that female players are not as good as male players. I could see people calling bets because "well she's just a girl, she doesnt really understand..." You want people to think complete opposite of how you really play. If I'm a tight player, I would attempt to make my moves reckless and out of character...I beleive Carro calls it advertising. It will get me callers later on.

Emperor
05-23-2003, 05:53 PM
Left Wing Pennsylvania State Legislature passed a law prohibiting any public negative expression towards homosexuals, or same sex couples.

They were targeting Church Pastors who preach homosexuality is a sin.

It absolutely violates the Pennsylvia Constituion and the US Constituion. So it will never hold up in court, but it IS the law in Pennsylvania.

KrazyKanuck
05-24-2003, 04:01 PM
Glad KrazyKanuck doesn't have a gender attached to it. Would hate to be labelled for anything but how I play.
KK
/forums/images/icons/blush.gif

lefty rosen
05-24-2003, 04:54 PM
A buddy of mine wanted to call himself little Debbie, and crack like a psycho at low limit party poker, but I think he has issues.........

Hung
05-24-2003, 05:19 PM
Is Hung male or female /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

MS Sunshine
05-24-2003, 05:24 PM
These players are now behind the tread. Most players, meaning those that CAN play, are now going for the Rounder's names. Worm, KGB and the like. Hoping to mix with those wannabe players.

MS Sunshine