PDA

View Full Version : A message for [censored]

jason_t
10-07-2005, 06:54 PM
You went too far. You crossed the line. I was behind you on the predication that you were going to delete awful posts and ban retards, not delete brilliant and hilarious posts. The Jesus Christ post was brilliant. OOT is supposed to be happy and funny and interesting and original, not dreary and stale.

I hope you get [censored].

KaneKungFu123
10-07-2005, 06:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You went too far. You crossed the line. I was behind you on the predication that you were going to delete awful posts and ban retards, not delete brilliant and hilarious posts. The Jesus Christ post was brilliant. OOT is supposed to be happy and funny and original, not dreary and stale.

I hope you get [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

that was my post. im done with this site. no more posting anywhere.

stabn
10-07-2005, 06:56 PM
Can one of you repost it? I saw it after the content had already been deleted /images/graemlins/frown.gif.

istewart
[censored] GTFO.

DMBFan23
jason,

what was the post? cliffs notes will do, I'm just sad I missed it

istewart
10-07-2005, 06:57 PM
No cliff's notes will not [censored] do. It was brilliance at the time. Not anymore.

jason_t
[ QUOTE ]
Can one of you repost it? I saw it after the content had already been deleted /images/graemlins/frown.gif.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't save it. I had no reason to think I needed to. I wish I had. It had me literally laughing out loud.

phage
[ QUOTE ]
jason,

[/ QUOTE ]

Lazymeatball
10-07-2005, 06:58 PM
well, we all knew this was going to hapen when [censored] was given free reign. Although I don't approve, I do enjoy watching a good culling from time to time.

stabn
10-07-2005, 06:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't save it. I had no reason to think I needed to. I wish I had. It had me literally laughing out loud.

[/ QUOTE ]

cache?

Los Feliz Slim
10-07-2005, 06:59 PM
I didn't think it was that funny.

But OOT is obviously suffering.

jason_t
10-07-2005, 07:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

cache?

[/ QUOTE ]

I already tried that. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

[censored]
10-07-2005, 07:00 PM
It seemed like it was just another account and post along the lines of ghandi and a few others designed to get banned. So I obliged. If it was a mistake then he can simply create Jesus__christ and repost and ill let it go

stabn
10-07-2005, 07:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

cache?

[/ QUOTE ]

I already tried that. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn. Thanks for trying.

jason_t
10-07-2005, 07:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I didn't think it was that funny.

But OOT is obviously suffering.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought it was really funny, really clever. If you have been reading the Sklansky's posts in SMP, it was a pretty clever play on that.

sfer
10-07-2005, 07:03 PM
Indiana just posted again.

jason_t
[ QUOTE ]
It seemed like it was just another account and post along the lines of ghandi and a few others designed to get banned. So I obliged. If it was a mistake then he can simply create Jesus__christ and repost and ill let it go

[/ QUOTE ]

There is no possible comparison between the two. Did you even bother to read it?

I don't think you should have free reign anymore. I think your decisions need approval from at least a few others.

[censored]
[ QUOTE ]
I heard you've been talking trash, whitey. Here I am up in heaven working on a miralce and all day and night Ive got mother f'ers emailing me that some balding poker guru has got beef with me. What the hell else is new? Peeps are telling me this cat keeps going on and on about Jesus this and God that. Mother f'er, dont you know who runs this thang? Ain't no one told you who be laying with five white angels up in the clouds getting freaky? Who you done thinks created them pot odds and implied odds? Who you done thinks set this whole mother f'ing planet up? My Pops and me did you hating SOB. Are you keeping it real? Nah, you just a straight up hater. For all you 2+2ers representing and keeping it real, aint no doubt Im gonna take care of all y'all. We'll pop a bottle of bub and run a train on some goth chicks. Yo Davy-Boy, good luck on the river, Honkey. Can you say downswing? Im gonna drop your bankroll faster then J.Alba drops her panties on the way into the shower. Thats right biatch, I got me a f'ing WebCam of the entire planet opened up on my desktop and I've got twenty-two sets of eye balls, so you dammed right I be taking names. You ass been warned Slansky and OOT.

edited to say that inochote, thinman, skeme, and lawerenceng are all giant douches. someone ban these mofo's before i nuke the f'ing vegas strip.

edited again to say mad love to kayne west. hillary 2008.

[/ QUOTE ]

Voltron87
10-07-2005, 07:04 PM
I haven't been keeping up to date on it, but if he is getting all these nerds' panties in a bunch he is doing the right thing. get up the good work [censored]

KaneKungFu123
10-07-2005, 07:04 PM
meh, now its all over hyped.

ok, i wont leave .....yet

jason_t
10-07-2005, 07:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
meh, now its all over hyped.

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably it is now.

thatpfunk
10-07-2005, 07:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I heard you've been talking trash, whitey. Here I am up in heaven working on a miralce and all day and night Ive got mother f'ers emailing me that some balding poker guru has got beef with me. What the hell else is new? Peeps are telling me this cat keeps going on and on about Jesus this and God that. Mother f'er, dont you know who runs this thang? Ain't no one told you who be laying with five white angels up in the clouds getting freaky? Who you done thinks created them pot odds and implied odds? Who you done thinks set this whole mother f'ing planet up? My Pops and me did you hating SOB. Are you keeping it real? Nah, you just a straight up hater. For all you 2+2ers representing and keeping it real, aint no doubt Im gonna take care of all y'all. We'll pop a bottle of bub and run a train on some goth chicks. Yo Davy-Boy, good luck on the river, Honkey. Can you say downswing? Im gonna drop your bankroll faster then J.Alba drops her panties on the way into the shower. Thats right biatch, I got me a f'ing WebCam of the entire planet opened up on my desktop and I've got twenty-two sets of eye balls, so you dammed right I be taking names. You ass been warned Slansky and OOT.

edited to say that inochote, thinman, skeme, and lawerenceng are all giant douches. someone ban these mofo's before i nuke the f'ing vegas strip.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

is this it?

o-ver-ra-ted.

jason_t
10-07-2005, 07:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

is this it?

o-ver-ra-ted.

[/ QUOTE ]

It got overhyped as a result of the deletion.

KaneKungFu123
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

is this it?

o-ver-ra-ted.

[/ QUOTE ]

FU

Hamish McBagpipe
[ QUOTE ]
o-ver-ra-ted.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. Moderator should have let that die its own death.

peachy
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
jason,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

what is cliff notes and how do u "save" a post??

M2d
10-07-2005, 07:08 PM
[censored]
I thought they wanted you to repost the funny post. you obviously reposted the wrong one.

Voltron87
10-07-2005, 07:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

is this it?

o-ver-ra-ted.

[/ QUOTE ]

definitely.

the downswing part was good though.

Voltron87
10-07-2005, 07:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
jason,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

select the post

copy

paste in word file

save it to hard disk

KaneKungFu123
10-07-2005, 07:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[censored]
I thought they wanted you to repost the funny post. you obviously reposted the wrong one.

[/ QUOTE ]

FU

stabn
10-07-2005, 07:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[censored]

[/ QUOTE ]

FU

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought it was pretty funny kane.

peachy
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
jason,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

select the post

copy

paste in word file

save it to hard disk

[/ QUOTE ]

why would anyone ever do this?

jason_t
And the point is, even if it got overhyped as a result of the deletion, it shouldn't have been deleted in the first place. Deleting it was an abuse of the powers he was given.

imported_anacardo
10-07-2005, 07:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
jason,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

select the post

copy

paste in word file

save it to hard disk

[/ QUOTE ]

why would anyone ever do this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Y'know. Posterity. The Ages. Future generations. Uhhh...

KaneKungFu123
a short paragrpah like this cant have build up. have the ball game is the surprise.

look at the "im dropping out of high school thread", this would have had the same effect as that one, but its toast now.

DMBFan23
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAAAA

[censored]
10-07-2005, 07:13 PM
The reason it was deleted was because I had just banned a few and I thought for sure this was just their way of throwing a fir. Normally I will not delete posts or threads but the one exception will be when someone gets banned then starts new threads designed to do nothing but clog up the forum.

as for getting the approval of a few others. no

jason_t
10-07-2005, 07:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
a short paragrpah like this cant have build up. have the ball game is the surprise.

look at the "im dropping out of high school thread", this would have had the same effect as that one, but its toast now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. We're on the same page.

MelK
10-07-2005, 07:16 PM
Moderator switch: We should replace [censored] with Jeremy7321. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

jackdaniels
10-07-2005, 07:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
edited again to say mad love to kayne west.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Kayne" West? For real bro?

kurosh
10-07-2005, 07:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
jason,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
This is your greatest post yet.

jason_t
[ QUOTE ]
The reason it was deleted was because I had just banned a few and I thought for sure this was just their way of throwing a fir. Normally I will not delete posts or threads but the one exception will be when someone gets banned then starts new threads designed to do nothing but clog up the forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

You thought someone made that post to get under your skin? How big is your ego? How insecure are you? Someone made that post as a creative outlet and to entertain.

Clog up the forum? What do you think this? This is Other Other Topics man. Like lots of [censored] gets discussed here. The bad stuff falls off and the good stuff doesn't. Let us be the judge.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?

asofel
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. We're on the same page.

[/ QUOTE ]

yep.....

and fwiw, i thought it was pretty mother f'er funny

/word up to kanye

kurosh
10-07-2005, 07:18 PM
I think I should be a mod. As mod, I will do absolutely nothing but enjoy my green name and continue making great threads such as "Poor KWAZAR" "Picture Wars" and whatever I named the one about my gf skinny dipping. Also, I was the inspiration for the MS Paint thread.

jackdaniels
10-07-2005, 07:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think I should be a mod.

[/ QUOTE ]

You'll have to change yor avatar before proper consideration can be given to this idea.

Aside from that, I'm all in favour.

uw_madtown
10-07-2005, 07:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
edited again to say mad love to kayne west.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Kayne" West? For real bro?

[/ QUOTE ]

When he came in the game, he made his own lane
Now all I need is y'all to pronounce my name
It's Kanye, but some of my plaques, they still say "Kayne"

Popinjay
10-07-2005, 07:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny as f*** to me. FREEEEEDOM!

AngryCola
10-07-2005, 07:26 PM
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y73/jason_t712/Irony.jpg

jason_t
10-07-2005, 07:28 PM
While I get the humor of your post, I disagree with your point. Changing my mind because I've recognized what a horrible idea it is does not fit at all with the theme of where I posted that picture yesterday.

AngryCola
10-07-2005, 07:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Changing my mind because I've recognized what a horrible idea it is does not fit at all with the theme of where I posted that picture yesterday.

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Yeah, I know. But I just couldn't help myself.

istewart
10-07-2005, 07:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
While I pretend I understand your post, but am really just a math graduate student who does not know anything except the product rule and matrix multiplication, I must act like I can understand basic Spanish so I fit in among the OOTiots.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP.

KDawgCometh
10-07-2005, 07:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I haven't been keeping up to date on it, but if he is getting all these nerds' panties in a bunch he is doing the right thing. get up the good work [censored]

[/ QUOTE ]

dude, you might want something to remove your lips from [censored]'s nuts, cause they are firmly planted there. I have no problem with a clean sweep of the forum, but man, it seems like you have some big man crush on [censored]

Shoe
10-07-2005, 07:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't make my way into OOT that often, but i thought this forum prided itself on how clogged up it is, am i wrong? (hopefully asking this doesn't get me banned)

I can't blame you for going with your read though.

peachy
10-07-2005, 07:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
jason,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
This is your greatest post yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

huh

jason_t
10-07-2005, 07:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You thought someone made that post to get under your skin? How big is your ego? How insecure are you? Someone made that post as a creative outlet and to entertain.

Clog up the forum? What do you think this? This is Other Other Topics man. Like lots of [censored] gets discussed here. The bad stuff falls off and the good stuff doesn't. Let us be the judge.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you please answer my questions? I like you, you know that. I was behind your idea when you first proposed it but your implementation of it is lacking. Help me understand what you're doing and why you think it's making OOT a better place.

[censored]
10-07-2005, 07:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you please answer my questions? I like you, you know that. I was behind your idea when you first proposed it but your implementation of it is lacking. Help me understand what you're doing and why you think it's making OOT a better place.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought the thread was more inline with the fourth reich thead I was wrong and admitted that.

I'm not going to get approval because I was clear from the get go that people would be banned of my choosing. this also makes sure I don't getting a bunch of hey can you please ban this guy or that guy PM's.

stabn
10-07-2005, 07:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]

don't getting a bunch of hey can you please ban this guy or that guy PM's.

[/ QUOTE ]

[censored]. Mushu, you are safe for now.

MrWookie47
10-07-2005, 07:46 PM
I'm with Jason T on this one. Ban the douches you must, but don't go deleting threads and posts on a whim. I'll quote Mat:

[ QUOTE ]
Banning people, despite the uproar it sometimes creates, is easily reversible. Therefore, I ban freely when I feel it is warranted, and reverse my decisions on a regular basis upon further review. It is the deletion of threads and posts which cannot be reversed and should be done with care when there is a question.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lock threads at will. Don't delete what might be a classic.

Blarg
10-07-2005, 07:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think I should be a mod. As mod, I will do absolutely nothing but enjoy my green name and continue making great threads such as "Poor KWAZAR" "Picture Wars" and whatever I named the one about my gf skinny dipping. Also, I was the inspiration for the MS Paint thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think we need Shawn_p as a moderator. He seems to have a good grip on things.

ThaSaltCracka
10-07-2005, 08:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]I disagree. More often then not, the bad stuff gets discussed way to long because all you [censored] morons reply to the OP telling him to SIIHP, YSSCKY, that he is dumb, etc. I personally think the bad ones should be deleted asap. Also, if the flow of bad threads is not curbed, then there is no way the good threads can survive with the constant influx of shitty posts.

[censored] ya'll.

Ulysses
10-07-2005, 08:17 PM
jason,

[censored] is bound to make mistakes. Here he did. The mistake was pointed out to him, he acknowledged the mistake, and even gave us the content.

KKF - yeah, I think that was pretty funny, especially the edited to add your douchebag list part. Of course, it's overhyped now, but it was definitely pretty funny.

Anyway, jason, I think any objective individual would have a hard time saying that OOT has not had an immediate upgrade in terms of quality since [censored] was approved for this role.

Please keep up the good work [censored].

10-07-2005, 08:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You gotta' be shitting me. You banned me for making mindless posts and now you're mindlessly deleting entire threads? WTF is that about?

Jesus. Take your hand off your mini-meat, stop looking at Bruisier's match.com profile, and start moderating like you've got half a [censored] brain. Tool.

ThaSaltCracka
10-07-2005, 08:27 PM
you are completely worthless to this forum, go away.

KaneKungFu123
10-07-2005, 08:46 PM
if [censored] isnt deleting threads, someone else should be. i thought the jesus thread was easily distinguishable from some other bad threads. the fact that it was complete sentences and was structured might have been a hint.

so either [censored] should get a second chance, or someone else like jason or diablo or blarg should be nominated to fill this role.

jason_t
10-07-2005, 08:52 PM
cf. my post in this thread (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=3609935&page=1&view=colap sed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1).

While OOT may end up better as a result of his plan, deleting the thread in question was a gross error and is hard to overlook. With any big transition there is an adjustment period and I think it's beneficial to point out errors as we go along.

AngryCola
10-07-2005, 08:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think any objective individual would have a hard time saying that OOT has not had an immediate upgrade in terms of quality since [censored] was approved for this role.

[/ QUOTE ]

While you may not think I'm objective, I don't see any improvement thus far. If anything, it's gotten worse just from all the crap about [censored]. Maybe you're right about things being better in a week or so, but nothing is better now than it was two days ago.

KaneKungFu123
10-07-2005, 09:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think any objective individual would have a hard time saying that OOT has not had an immediate upgrade in terms of quality since [censored] was approved for this role.

[/ QUOTE ]

While you may not think I'm objective, I don't see any improvement thus far. If anything, it's gotten worse just from all the crap about [censored]. Maybe you're right about things being better in a week or so, but nothing is better now than it was two days ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed.

[censored] was probally the wrong candidate for the job. Diablo should take the lead role here.

10-07-2005, 09:05 PM
http://archives.thedaily.washington.edu/1999/021899/O3.Twinky.winky.jpg

[censored] has a small penis. he gives anal like a bitch.

Dave G.
10-07-2005, 09:16 PM
Gee, what a surprise. Who couldn't see this coming? (Hint: only a complete twit.) It's not like the same thing hasn't happened hundreds of thousands of times on the internet in other places already. Every forum I've been a part of has had some power hungry internet bully mod that runs over the top of everything.

Worst idea ever. Thanks for helping it get through with so much support though.

Phoenix1010
10-07-2005, 09:33 PM
Chapter 2: Backlash.

KDawgCometh
10-07-2005, 09:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Chapter 2: Backlash.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't think that its happened.......yet. we're just in the jestation period right now

10-07-2005, 09:36 PM
Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

flair1239
10-08-2005, 12:54 AM
I think this whole uproar is the most amusing thing to come out of OOT in a while.

siccjay
10-08-2005, 01:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think fucker has done a fine job for someone with a bucket of sand in their vagina.

[/ QUOTE ]

Banning newfant is weak.

phil_ivey_fan
10-08-2005, 08:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

is this it?

o-ver-ra-ted.

[/ QUOTE ]

FU

[/ QUOTE ]

hillary sucks something awful...she's probably got a bigger dik than you and all the rest of us on her.

KaneKungFu123
10-08-2005, 08:59 AM
(((((thats why is funny))))))

ChipWrecked
10-08-2005, 10:02 AM
You all got what you wanted. You wanted to be led, by a 20-something kid with self-professed anger problems. Now here you go. Enjoy.

KaneKungFu123
10-08-2005, 10:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You all got what you wanted. You wanted to be led, by a 20-something kid with self-professed anger problems. Now here you go. Enjoy.

[/ QUOTE ]

the idea is good, the method sucks. someone else should have become mod and started locking and banning posters without the big fuss. him creating the thread telling everyone about it was the beginning of it going downhill. alot of the people he's banning are getting the intention they wanted now.

plus he deleted the jesus thread which was a gigantic [censored] up, and shows he isnt capable of handling this.

Los Feliz Slim
10-08-2005, 10:27 AM
What about the "chilling effect" this will undoubtedly have on new/less frequent posters? They'll think to themselves "Should I post this? Uh-oh, better not, don't want to get banned."

You'll say this is a good thing. I disagree. If the aforementioned posters, in general, are as stupid as you all seem to think they (we) are, many of the greatest threads around here in a while wouldn't have seen the light of day. They (we) won't know what [censored] thinks is funny, and will be afraid to post questions about their girlfriends having other guys in their beds, links to chicks blogs about them, etc etc etc.

Y'all and Mat and whomever can do whatever you want with your forum, but this will make it less funny.

Ulysses
10-08-2005, 02:53 PM
That is a good point, but I believe the worthwhile ones will not be such pussies.

PoBoy321
10-08-2005, 02:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]

That is a good point, but I believe the worthwhile ones will not be such pussies.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think that the issue is so much that worthwhile posters will stop making good posts. I think that the issue is that new, potentially good posters will get banned before they become any good. Remember Spaceman_Bryce? There isn't a doubt in my mind that he would have been banned within his first 5 posts here under [censored].

razor
10-08-2005, 03:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think that the issue is so much that worthwhile posters will stop making good posts. I think that the issue is that new, potentially good posters will get banned before they become any good. Remember Spaceman_Bryce? There isn't a doubt in my mind that he would have been banned within his first 5 posts here under [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

The fact that some (many) posters may not be able to discern the difference between Spaceman_Bryce type posts and crap posts doesn't mean people like [censored], El Diablo, Daryn, etc. can't.

PoBoy321
10-08-2005, 03:10 PM
My point is that Spaceman_Bryce made a bunch of stupid posts before he got really good and I don't doubt for a second that he would have gotten banned because of them.

TheMainEvent
10-08-2005, 03:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The fact that some (many) posters may not be able to discern the difference between Spaceman_Bryce type posts and crap posts doesn't mean people like [censored], El Diablo, Daryn, etc. can't.

[/ QUOTE ]

Am I the only one who didn't think OOT is not much different than it was before? The crappy threads that would have been created by people who are now banned are replaced by "moderator controversy" threads and "revenge for banning me" threads. Everyone seems to think OOT is either hell or utopia now...I still see about 5 good threads on page one, same as it was before.

Ulysses
10-08-2005, 03:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My point is that Spaceman_Bryce made a bunch of stupid posts before he got really good and I don't doubt for a second that he would have gotten banned because of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is a very good point. There are indeed some cases like that. But, of course you'll toss out a baby or two when tossing out 8 billion gallons of bathwater.

Guys like this can obviously come back and give it another shot, but even if they don't, how many people have ever turned out to be like this? I would say for the vast, vast majority, initial dumbass posts are almost 100% predictive of future dumbass posts.

KaneKungFu123
10-08-2005, 03:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The fact that some (many) posters may not be able to discern the difference between Spaceman_Bryce type posts and crap posts doesn't mean people like [censored] ....can't.

[/ QUOTE ]

did you read this thread?

Ulysses
10-08-2005, 03:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The crappy threads that would have been created by people who are now banned are replaced by "moderator controversy" threads and "revenge for banning me" threads.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your post is largely true. However, if those two things dissipate, which I think they will, I believe OOT will be signficantly higher quality.

pokerdirty
10-08-2005, 03:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The crappy threads that would have been created by people who are now banned are replaced by "moderator controversy" threads and "revenge for banning me" threads.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your post is largely true. However, if those two things dissipate, which I think they will, I believe OOT will be signficantly higher quality.

[/ QUOTE ]

in other words, ban the noobs, and keep an elitist forum where only those with 4k+ posts can sit around and have a circle jerk and laugh at their own old jokes?

BusterStacks
10-08-2005, 03:58 PM
banning noobs does not make an elitist forum for posters with 4k+ posts. it makes a forum without noobs.

pokerdirty
10-08-2005, 04:01 PM
says the guy with the 4k+ posts /images/graemlins/grin.gif

BusterStacks
10-08-2005, 04:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wow, did you just gloss right over what i said? don't be retarted.

jason_t
10-08-2005, 04:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

in other words, ban the noobs, and keep an elitist forum where only those with 4k+ posts can sit around and have a circle jerk and laugh at their own old jokes?

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you read that from his post?

tdarko
10-08-2005, 04:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Am I the only one who didn't think OOT is not much different than it was before? The crappy threads that would have been created by people who are now banned are replaced by "moderator controversy" threads and "revenge for banning me" threads. Everyone seems to think OOT is either hell or utopia now...I still see about 5 good threads on page one, same as it was before.

[/ QUOTE ]
i already said this in response to daryn saying how the first page was nothing but great threads for the first time in a year.

i am all for cleaning house but whining about it is getting old, its been a few days and this hasn't died down and we still have threads dedicated to it on the first page, to me this is worse than before. of course the best plan would be for [censored] to not have announced his plan and just to have banned all those idiots posting "would you [censored] a gay or be killed" and the spawns of those posts. now everything is divided.

i just never understood why it had to be this big announcement and why it couldn't be some sort of CIA cleaning out mission where in a few weeks you click on OOT and you think to yourself, "wow, i haven't seen a poster make the same thread over and over...is he gone...[censored] it who cares? there's some good [censored] on here to read."

pokerdirty
10-08-2005, 04:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

everyones first post in OOT is a noob post. read this, and think about it.

Ulysses
10-08-2005, 04:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you seriously not understand that noob != dumbass?

Ulysses
10-08-2005, 04:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but only some of them are dumbass posts.

pearljam
10-08-2005, 04:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow thats mighty kind of you.

ThaSaltCracka
10-08-2005, 04:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but only some of them are dumbass posts.

[/ QUOTE ]right.

Any dumbass is a noob, but a noob is not neccesarily a dumbass.

TheMainEvent
10-08-2005, 04:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Do you seriously not understand that noob != dumbass?

[/ QUOTE ]

There is also a difference between someone who will always make dumbass posts and someone who doesn't fully understand the culture here because he/she is new. Hopefully [censored] will be able to see that.

RunDownHouse
10-08-2005, 04:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
There is also a difference between someone who will always make dumbass posts and someone who doesn't fully understand the culture here because he/she is new. Hopefully [censored] will be able to see that.

[/ QUOTE ]
Good God, banning doesn't result in death. Its not like they lose their left hand for making a bad post. I think getting booted will be much more effective than one response with "YSSCKY" and ten responses quoting just that. A ban both clues them in to what is acceptable behavior AND makes them think about their post before, in a giddy rush of juvenile giggles, they hit "post."

If they choose to return, they'll do so under a new name, and probably be grateful people aren't judging them based on their former idiocy. Not a big deal.

imported_anacardo
10-08-2005, 04:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
i already said this in response to daryn saying how the first page was nothing but great threads for the first time in a year.

i am all for cleaning house but whining about it is getting old, its been a few days and this hasn't died down and we still have threads dedicated to it on the first page, to me this is worse than before. of course the best plan would be for [censored] to not have announced his plan and just to have banned all those idiots posting "would you [censored] a gay or be killed" and the spawns of those posts. now everything is divided.

i just never understood why it had to be this big announcement and why it couldn't be some sort of CIA cleaning out mission where in a few weeks you click on OOT and you think to yourself, "wow, i haven't seen a poster make the same thread over and over...is he gone...[censored] it who cares? there's some good [censored] on here to read."

[/ QUOTE ]

Just brilliant. I think this really would have been optimal, plus the inevitable "Holy [censored], [censored]'s lit up in green!" discovery post & fallout would be pure molten gold.

But, of course, what's done is done. Again, I'd like to say that it's gone better than I'd expected, and I was optimistic to begin with.

PoBoy321
10-08-2005, 05:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]

If they choose to return, they'll do so under a new name, and probably be grateful people aren't judging them based on their former idiocy. Not a big deal.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is idiotic. How is an immediate ban of someone making a bad post more effective than deleteing the thread and sending a PM saying "That was a bad thread for x, y and z. Don't do it again." Anyone who gets banned because they make a bad post in the beginning will not return and there will never be any new blood in this forum. It will, as has been said by myself and others, turn into a mutual admiration society for a small group of regulars.

[censored]
10-08-2005, 05:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That is a good point. However, I wanted to get some support for my plan and most importantly I don't believe in being a moderator who just acts without atleast giving everyone here a chance to complain, call me names or state a case.

My biggest problem with the way moderators are now is that decisions are discussion not made public.

RunDownHouse
10-08-2005, 05:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Anyone who gets banned because they make a bad post in the beginning will not return and there will never be any new blood in this forum.

[/ QUOTE ]
Look out, Chicken Little.

Slacker13
10-08-2005, 05:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Gee, what a surprise. Who couldn't see this coming? (Hint: only a complete twit.) It's not like the same thing hasn't happened hundreds of thousands of times on the internet in other places already. Every forum I've been a part of has had some power hungry internet bully mod that runs over the top of everything.

Worst idea ever. Thanks for helping it get through with so much support though.

[/ QUOTE ]

TheMainEvent
10-08-2005, 05:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
That is a good point. However, I wanted to get some support for my plan and most importantly I don't believe in being a moderator who just acts without atleast giving everyone here a chance to complain, call me names or state a case.

My biggest problem with the way moderators are now is that decisions are discussion not made public.

[/ QUOTE ]

You've been very reasonable lately in defending your plan, but I don't think that there would have been so much opposition if you had not come across as so vindictive in the original "show your support" thread.

RunDownHouse
10-08-2005, 06:33 PM
This is more a technical question than one of judgement:

Are IP bans (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=3617212&page=0&view=c ollapsed&sb=5&o=14&vc=1) within your power?

KaneKungFu123
10-08-2005, 06:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
banning noobs does not make an elitist forum for posters with 4k+ posts. it makes a forum without noobs.

[/ QUOTE ]

so SHIIP isn't allowed but 'noobs' is? it sounds like a bunch of internet nerds arguing over the best softdrink.

jason_t
10-08-2005, 06:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

so SHIIP isn't allowed but 'noobs' is? it sounds like a bunch of idiot nerds arguing over the best softdrink.

[/ QUOTE ]

The dryness of the word "noob" and the phenomenon that was "SIIHP" make those two completely different cases.

Eurotrash
10-08-2005, 06:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

so SHIIP isn't allowed but 'noobs' is? it sounds like a bunch of idiot nerds arguing over the best softdrink.

[/ QUOTE ]

The dryness of the word "noob" and the phenomenon that was "SIIHP" make those two completely different cases.

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf. noobs better well be allowed around this place.

else I might be bidding you all adieu /images/graemlins/blush.gif

10-08-2005, 06:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This is more a technical question than one of judgement:

Are IP bans within your power?

[/ QUOTE ]

What particular problem do you have with me, dumbass?

jason_t
10-08-2005, 06:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf. noobs better well be allowed around this place.

else I might be bidding you all adieu /images/graemlins/blush.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm arguing in favor of use of the word "noob" but against "SIIHP."