PDA

View Full Version : Interesting stat

bernie
10-07-2005, 06:29 PM
30% of all paternity tests show that the husband/boyfriend isn't the father of the kid.

Granted, it's likely much less overall as many couples don't question paternity that would likely bring the percent down quite a bit, but it's still an intersting statistic none the less.

b

TheMainEvent
10-07-2005, 06:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
30% of all paternity tests show that the husband/boyfriend isn't the father of the kid.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's probably about what I would have guessed, since no one is having a paternity test unless the wife/girlfriend has been sleeping around a lot.

[censored]
10-07-2005, 06:36 PM
unfortunately some people like to try an interpret this to mean 30% of all children born into relationships are the result of infedility which it doesn't mean at all.

I actually think this is somewhat low considering there was likely something to trigger the paternity test in the first place. Perhaps there is less cheating going on then guys think.

James Boston
10-07-2005, 06:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I actually think this is somewhat low

[/ QUOTE ]

It seems reasonable if it includes suspected fathers who aren't in a relationship with the mother. Like when you see a daytime talk show with some chick who's guessed wrong multiple times about which one of her many partners was the one who knocked her up.

Sightless
10-07-2005, 06:43 PM
90% of all statistics are made up

HopeydaFish
10-07-2005, 06:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
unfortunately some people like to try an interpret this to mean 30% of all children born into relationships are the result of infedility which it doesn't mean at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like to interpret it to mean that all women are slutty whores.

RunDownHouse
10-07-2005, 06:48 PM
The flip side of the "most people don't have tests done" is that there are cases where paternity tests are done as a result of other routine tests done on the baby. For instance, Father is Type A, Mother is Type B, and Baby is Type O, or something similar.

I have no idea how frequent these cases are, but they do exist. Any way you cut it, there are still a lot of babies being raised by fathers wearing the horns.

bernie
10-08-2005, 05:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I actually think this is somewhat low considering there was likely something to trigger the paternity test in the first place. Perhaps there is less cheating going on then guys think.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right on the 1st paragraph. Very likely on the 2nd as that's an interesting angle to look at it from.

b

StevieG
10-08-2005, 10:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Or that the women in question are 70% accurate in determining when they conceived and therefore whom to name as the father.

gunt
10-08-2005, 11:09 AM
i heard its more like 10 %

10-08-2005, 11:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I like to interpret it to mean that all women are slutty whores.

[/ QUOTE ]

I resent that. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

dtbog
10-08-2005, 11:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
fathers wearing the horns.

[/ QUOTE ]

We need to bring this phrase back.