PDA

View Full Version : Can I ever get this money?

10-07-2005, 05:49 PM
Well, here's the story. Back when Pacific Poker was offering a free $10 dollars, at least a year ago, I registered an account there. I was only 16 at the time. When I had to enter my birthdate, I said that I was born in 1980 rather than 1988. I've built this $10 dollars into $1200. I will turn 18 next July.

Now, the questions. Is there any way I can cash this money out? I've never cashed out of any site before, so I don't know how this works. Do I need to prove my birthdate? Can I just tell them to send a check to me in the mail?

Or will I have to wait until I'm 18 to be able to cash it out? Is there any way you can change your birthdate on Pacific Poker?

I know my question isn't very clear, but any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Edit: To make this more clear, I have never deposited money to Pacific Poker. Will I be able to cash out without ever having deposited? I am currently not able to deposit money, because I have no way of depositing other than my parents' credit card, which they will not let me use. Pacific's website says that amounts from 0-$5000 require no authentication, if that helps at all.

Hornacek
10-07-2005, 05:54 PM
How about getting a neteller acct when you're 18, and then transferring?

Or if Pacific lets you transfer acct to acct, make a new acct when you're 18, and transfer to yourself.

10-07-2005, 06:51 PM
This is a guess, but pretty much everyone else here is going to guess too, even if they don't say the're guessing. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

You are probably screwed until you're 18 - once you get into the world of financial organizations, all it takes is one of them to look up your SSN and find out you're not old enough, and bye-bye money.

So, once you're 18, just e-mail Pacific support and ask them what the requirements are.

You probably have to have a real-money account at Pacific, with a balance, before you can cash out. Neteller can use your bank account, so you don't need a credit card.

HTH.

Synergistic Explosions
10-07-2005, 07:02 PM
Have a friend who's a good poker player, better than you, create an account a Pacific. Then play him H/U normally, don't cheat, don't dump chips. Play as you normally would.

If he's better than you, he will eventually win all your money with enough time. Then ask him for a loan.

10-07-2005, 07:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Have a friend who's a good poker player, better than you, and of legal age to play for money, create an account a Pacific. Then play him H/U normally, don't cheat, don't dump chips. Play as you normally would.

[/ QUOTE ]
FYP.

FlFishOn
10-07-2005, 08:05 PM
Request a $100 check and see what happens. Do it now. PacP is moronic and I doubt there would be any trouble. If the C note happens then get the rest.

If they don't sent the check the go the chip dumping route.

theben
10-07-2005, 08:22 PM
maybe little toddlers shouldnt be breaking the rules and playing online poker. i hope you dont actually get your money, but you probably will

timprov
10-07-2005, 11:02 PM
I think the chance of them just sending you a check if you request it of them is pretty close to 100%. I did my first two cashouts that way, and they never asked me for any ID or anything. I hope you used your real name and address.

yanicehand
10-07-2005, 11:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
maybe little toddlers shouldnt be breaking the rules and playing online poker. i hope you dont actually get your money, but you probably will

[/ QUOTE ]

i played online when i was under 18. i also drink and im under 21. i've also been to clubs that were 21+. are you seriously that big of a prude to say you've never done any of these things underage and hate the poster for doing them?

Synergistic Explosions
10-07-2005, 11:53 PM
If you try to cash out without ever making a deposit, 100% chance you will get ID'd.

10-08-2005, 12:03 AM
I have a business set up just for problems like yours.

Just transfer the money to me and I will show up at your door (anywhere in Continental U.S.) within 5 business days with the money in cash, less a commission of 40%.

I will also send you $25 for any friends you refer to me for this service.

Shoe
10-08-2005, 12:37 AM
Make a deposit, play a little more, cashout... you'll probably be fine. Normally I don't agree with bending the rules, but when it comes to using your own money to gamble when your 16 vs. 18, hey that's up to you. I know i was responsible enough back then.

(although i'm sure if you talked to some others on here, you'd find out that your a scumbag and the sole cause of any rake increase)

timprov
10-08-2005, 01:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If you try to cash out without ever making a deposit, 100% chance you will get ID'd.

[/ QUOTE ]

Like I said, I didn't. So < 100%.

10-08-2005, 03:19 AM
Went through same exact thing, my money was underage freeroll money i had worked up. If your parents wont create a neteller account under their name for you, wait until you are 18. Create a neteller account. Deposit $300ish into Pacific, and play their for a few weeks. Then cashout with neteller. They don't review neteller cashouts all that closely, and since u have deposited... you should be good to go.
On a side note... isn't it a good feeling knowing your up all this money and havn't put in a dime? Also considering you're not even supposed to be playing, I love it.

SoftcoreRevolt
10-08-2005, 05:10 AM
Pacific can be moronic, but if they sniff a way to make an extra dollar off you, they'll take it.

But in this case as long as you wait until you are over 18 and cash out to NETeller, you'll be fine. Don't cash it all out at once, and try to make a deposit first if possible.

timprov
10-08-2005, 05:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
try to make a deposit first if possible.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't cashout to Neteller from Pacific without making a deposit through it first.

10-08-2005, 01:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the encouragement. IMO, if "little toddlers" can beat adults and take their money, they deserve it. Second of all, isn't online poker illegal in the first place? Nobody likes a hypocrite.

To everyone else who actually gave me advice, thanks. I will wait until I am 18 and make a Neteller account. This is a lot of money to me so I don't want to risk losing it all by trying to cash it out too soon.