PDA

View Full Version : isolating lag/tag/tard with JTs

TStoneMBD
10-07-2005, 05:20 PM
villain is 38/18/1.5 with attsb 53. hes a multitabler and ive played alot with him recently. he plays wayyy too many hands preflop but he seems reasonable postflop. i think he fears me but i dont trust that he wont checkraise bluff the turn. if i bet the turn hes almost surely going to fold a worse hand sept for a gutshot of some type probably.

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (4 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter (http://www.pokerhand.org)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP calls.

Flop: (7.66 SB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls.

Turn: (4.83 BB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
MP checks, Hero checks.

River: (4.83 BB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 6.83 BB

10-07-2005, 05:24 PM
Bet the turn anyway and call a raise. You don't wanna give out free cards.

adamstewart
10-07-2005, 05:28 PM
Interesting hand.

I like it. In fact, I often play similar situations the same way. (I can remember a hand from yesterday I did the exact same thing).

It's like this: a bet on the turn is either going to fold out a worse hand, OR get check-raised by a better hand (most of the time, anyway).

The only reasonable cards that hurt you are a K or Q .... and that's assuming he has either of them - in which case he's only drawing to 3 outs (assuming he doesn't have exactly KQ). Thus, usually you aren't giving up much by offering a free card, but you're saving yourself the risk of getting checkraised.

The added benefit to this line is that you can often induce another bet out of him on the river with a worse hand - like what possibly happened here.

I like it.

Adam

DeathDonkey
10-07-2005, 07:18 PM
I think the only questionable street is preflop. I would fold this unless the blinds are super loose and then I'd coldcall it. I do 3 bet with QJs sometimes though so maybe I'm being hypocritical. Everyone is fine with this 3 bet?

-DeathDonkey

kurosh
10-07-2005, 07:21 PM
I call PF, but I also play PF very differently from most of you apparently.

Noodles
10-07-2005, 07:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It's like this: a bet on the turn is either going to fold out a worse hand, OR get check-raised by a better hand (most of the time, anyway).

[/ QUOTE ] yep since thinking more about situations like this i seems to do better,also if you do get CR'ed can you fold ,hmm i couldnt,
so this line is good,

baronzeus
10-07-2005, 08:38 PM
tstone,

I play this hand the same. the A is scary for you and for him, he will fold a bunch of trash, your biggest worry is that he has KQ and has 10 outs. The rest of his hands have 7 outs or less if he is behind.

Jeff W
10-07-2005, 09:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think the only questionable street is preflop. Everyone is fine with this 3 bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

He's raising ~1/2 the time in this situation(CO steal). JTs is ~50:50 here against his hand range(assuming sample size is sufficient) and with position+initiative+blind money we have great equity.

I dislike cold calling here, especially with a 2/3 blind structure.

10-07-2005, 09:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think the only questionable street is preflop. Everyone is fine with this 3 bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

He's raising ~1/2 the time in this situation(CO steal). JTs is ~50:50 here against his hand range(assuming sample size is sufficient) and with position+initiative+blind money we have great equity.

I dislike cold calling here, especially with a 2/3 blind structure.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. We either want to play this hand with 4 opponents or HU against the fish with dead blind money. Inviting the blinds in to play 3 or 4 handed for 1 bet is the last thing we want.

NLSoldier
10-07-2005, 10:18 PM
::yawn::