PDA

View Full Version : PokerRoom or Inter Poker 3/6-5/10 (6-max)

10-07-2005, 05:01 PM
I was wondering if anybody has any experience playing 3/6 or 5/10 6max at PokerRoom.com or Inter Poker. How do the games compare to Party Poker? Any input would be appreciated.

10-07-2005, 07:55 PM
bump

bdk3clash
10-07-2005, 08:10 PM
I haven't played on PokerRoom so I can't comment on it. InterPoker is part of the Crypto network, and the $90 monthly bonus is nice (and doesn't seem to affect any rakeback deals you have with an affiliate, though I'm not sure.)

I find their software pretty clunky, and the windows are frustratingly just big enough to have a little overlap when 4-tabling on a 1600x1200 monitor. They don't very aggressively inform you that it's your turn to act, so I tend to time out more than on other sites. Personally, I find I can play two tables there comfortably. More than that becomes difficult, but that's just me.

Their shorthanded games themselves tend to be pretty good. During the week, at the $5/10 and $10/20 levels the games are more loose-passive. On weekends they veer toward being more like Party. Keep in mind they run every level in dollars, pounds, and Euros. Rake-wise the pound games are more expensive but often tend to be softer.

InterPoker seems to be doing some pretty nice promotions lately. In September they gave a hat and SuperSystem 2 for 700 raked hands. This month they're running a freeroll tournament promotion where for 2000 raked hands you quaulify for a tournament where they're giving away like 10 $10,000+ cruise packages to some tournament. I think.

wackjob
10-07-2005, 08:18 PM
I played cloes to 100K hands at Pokerroom, starting from 1/2 up to 10/20. Pokerroom seems to have a little tighter of players compared with Party. I love the Pokerroom software most of all though - you can use function keys to act instead of having to use the mouse. They also have 5-max, not 6. If you are looking for weak, soft tables full of fish at every turn, stick with party.