PDA

View Full Version : Define: Good bubble play.

10-07-2005, 04:52 PM
I keep reading statements like, such and such happended "but now I improved my bubble play" and I'm not sure what that means. Help a noob out and define good bubble play, or perhaps it might be easier, or more clear, to just define bad bubble play.

P.S. I did a search for bubble play, but only came up with a ton of bubble hands.

Slim Pickens
10-07-2005, 04:57 PM
good bubble play: open-push, fold, fold, push over completion, fold, open-push, fold, fold, open-push, fold, open-push, walk, and so on.

bad bubble play: fold, fold, complete, fold, fold, limp, complete, call with KJs.

Dr_Jeckyl_00
10-07-2005, 05:05 PM
bubble play... stealing blinds when the game is 4 handed; not wanting to see a flop; pushing from small blind when it is folded to you (almost regardless of the cards in your hand)

there are other factors to consider... opponents stack sizes, size of blinds (they need to be worth stealing), your stack size...

10-07-2005, 05:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
good bubble play: open-push, fold, fold, push over completion, fold, open-push, fold, fold, open-push, fold, open-push, walk, and so on.

bad bubble play: fold, fold, complete, fold, fold, limp, complete, call with KJs.

[/ QUOTE ]

I absolutely love that description of good bubble play! Amazing! Simple amazing! Good work.

Okay Im done. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

JudoGirl
10-07-2005, 05:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice! I think I'm in love!

Cactus Jack
10-07-2005, 05:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's so good I'm blown away. nh

It's a lot more complex and complicated than that, but, amazingly, it's pretty much like that. If you can accomplish that, you'll put a lot of pressure on your opponents and find you're ITM a lot more often. Then, once you get over that hump, then comes the next stage. Learning how to win. When you blend in subtlety and tactics to that strategy, you'll be busting some serious ass. Pushbot looks a lot easier than it actually is. Start there.

Great post, Slim.

CJ