PDA

View Full Version : At Diablo's request, the "who should change their name" thread

Paluka
10-07-2005, 03:29 PM
I nominate IndieMatty for a person who should be forced to change his name. He seems to post the occassional music thread to try to keep up his Indie name, but his other posts are about his job where he works for the man, how comfortable he finds Rockport shoes to be, and how he enjoys hitting balls down at the old drivin range. Indie my ass.

IndieMatty
10-07-2005, 03:30 PM
I agree 100%. I [censored] hate my name.

Edit: By the way, download that Closure song I put up, see if you like the post LIHC fo the mid 90s.and Explosions in the Sky are playing Bowery in December.

Sponger15SB
10-07-2005, 03:31 PM
I thought you couldn't change your 2+2 name any more.

tdarko
i have wanted to change my name for a very long time.

Paluka
[ QUOTE ]
I thought you couldn't change your 2+2 name any more.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no idea if this is true or not. I was just ranting.

10-07-2005, 03:33 PM
He's indie like Adult Alternative music is (Dido, Natalie Merchant) left of center but in a refined non offensive way.

Patrick del Poker Grande
10-07-2005, 03:34 PM
I like it. It's like huge guy down the street named Slim.

IndieMatty
10-07-2005, 03:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
He's indie like Adult Alternative music is (Dido, Natalie Merchant) left of center but in a refined non offensive way.

[/ QUOTE ]
Very untrue, and very funny.

B Dids
10-07-2005, 03:41 PM
There's both a Diggs and a Dibbs and these are both to close to my name and I'm not happy about it.

sfer
10-07-2005, 03:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Piz0wn0reD!!!!!!
10-07-2005, 03:46 PM
clearly i win. It was suposed to be lance uppercut but im retarded.

10-07-2005, 03:46 PM
I spelled "baron" wrong. /images/graemlins/blush.gif I wish i could change it.

sfer
10-07-2005, 03:47 PM
UpperWestSideMatty?

YuppieMatty?

WhiteCollarMatty?

FratBoyMatty?

BigFeet2SocksMatty?

brassnuts
10-07-2005, 03:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

jacki
10-07-2005, 03:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

tdarko
10-07-2005, 03:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]

There's both a Diggs and a Dibbs and these are both to close to my name and I'm not happy about it.

[/ QUOTE ]
yeah this confused me for awhile.

Paluka
10-07-2005, 03:50 PM
I'm very sad that this thread has not become one where people complain about someone else's name and then that person tries to defend it but just ends up looking like a loser instead.

tdarko
10-07-2005, 03:51 PM
i think this is b/c most of us realize that our names our lame and there isn't anything to defend. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

swede123
10-07-2005, 03:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I want to challenge the user "Swede" to a duel to the death about the rights to the official Swede name. Bring it on, sucka!

Swede

tdarko
10-07-2005, 03:54 PM
the other swede always confuses me as well, i would like this dual to happen.

stabn
I should not have used the same name i used as a kid for MUDs. It [censored] sucks.

Patrick del Poker Grande
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I want to challenge the user "Swede" to a duel to the death about the rights to the official Swede name. Bring it on, sucka!

Swede

[/ QUOTE ]
I've got my money on Denver Swede in this one. Kick his ass, seabass!

Alternatively, you could change your name to Denver Swede and then we could call you DS.

GrandmaStabone
10-07-2005, 03:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

tell me about it

jackdaniels
10-07-2005, 03:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Swede

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn! I got my money on you Swede123. Will this be broadcast live or taped for later viewing? (I have to prepare for what might be a weird time zone viewing issue).

BTW - Lets cut out the crap and make sure this isn't a "danceoff" or a "walkoff". Duel to the death, like the good old days.

sfer
10-07-2005, 03:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm very sad that this thread has not become one where people complain about someone else's name and then that person tries to defend it but just ends up looking like a loser instead.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point Paluka. You really should be MagicNerd.

Voltron87
10-07-2005, 04:01 PM
i think i could use a name change. voltron was funny as a novelty to me, i didnt realize i was actually going to start being a legitimate poker player and that it would turn out like it has.

MaxPower
10-07-2005, 04:07 PM
El Diablo should go back to Ulysses. Ed Miller should go back to MajorKong. JohnnyBoomBoom should go back to Bottles.

tpir90036
10-07-2005, 04:09 PM
I would nominate everyone whose name has something to do with poker. Patrick's name is not really what I am getting at either. More like names that include wordage such as "Aces" or "TeddyKGB" or "TheNuts" or "Card Sharp"... you know, stupid stuff like that. Anything along those lines is queercakes and implies that you are a pretty terrible player IMO. It's like wearing a Pearl Jam t-shirt to a Pearl Jam concert. Don't be that guy.

-tpir

IndieMatty
10-07-2005, 04:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would nominate everyone whose name has something to do with poker. Patrick's name is not really what I am getting at either. More like names that include wordage like "Aces" or "TeddyKGB" or "TheNuts" or "Card Sharp"... you know, stupid stuff like that. Anything along those lines is queercakes and implies that you are a pretty terrible player IMO. It's like wearing a Pearl Jam t-shirt to a Pearl Jam concert. Don't be that guy.

-tpir

[/ QUOTE ]

queercakes will now be a staple of my vocabulary. thank you

Los Feliz Slim
10-07-2005, 04:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would nominate everyone whose name has something to do with poker. Patrick's name is not really what I am getting at either. More like names that include wordage like "Aces" or "TeddyKGB" or "TheNuts" or "Card Sharp"... you know, stupid stuff like that. Anything along those lines is queercakes and implies that you are a pretty terrible player IMO. It's like wearing a Pearl Jam t-shirt to a Pearl Jam concert. Don't be that guy.

-tpir

[/ QUOTE ]

It is primarily for this reason that my name sucks so hard. In fact, I think it's so terrible that it comes around the other side and becomes amusing. To me, at least.

Slow Play Ray
10-07-2005, 04:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]

-tpir

[/ QUOTE ]

Does mine fit in this category?

krimson
10-07-2005, 04:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, someone with the exact same name as me came along "crimson", so I know how you feel.

tpir90036
10-07-2005, 04:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
NSFW by reason of language... no nudity or gross pictures:

Comic #1 (http://www.obsess.com/junk/dilbert/d015.jpg)
Comic #2 (http://www.obsess.com/junk/dilbert/d016.jpg)

tdarko
10-07-2005, 04:16 PM
thank you.

Ulysses
10-07-2005, 04:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
UpperWestSideMatty?

YuppieMatty?

WhiteCollarMatty?

FratBoyMatty?

BigFeet2SocksMatty?

[/ QUOTE ]

obviously, FattyMatty

swede123
10-07-2005, 04:20 PM
The winner! Nicely done, devil boy.

asofel
10-07-2005, 04:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

-tpir

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no, because its combined with a great avatar and brings thoughts of guitar playing to mind, not poker.

sfer
10-07-2005, 04:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
El Diablo should go back to Ulysses. Ed Miller should go back to MajorKong. JohnnyBoomBoom should go back to Bottles.

[/ QUOTE ]

BottlesOf n00b.

WDC
10-07-2005, 04:26 PM
Obsessed with what other people have for lunch Matty

Slow Play Ray
10-07-2005, 04:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
no, because its combined with a great avatar and brings thoughts of guitar playing to mind, not poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok cool.

tpir90036
10-07-2005, 04:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

-tpir

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
No, not really. Your name has character to it. If it was "ISlowPlayDaNutzzz" or "RayHellmuthJr." then we would have a problem /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Slow Play Ray
10-07-2005, 04:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
"ISlowPlayDaNutzzz"

[/ QUOTE ]

holy crap how did i not think of this? it's brilliant!

/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

BottlesOf
10-07-2005, 04:33 PM
I'm honored to be in the company of those two if even if it has nothing to do with anything meaningful.

Diplomat
10-07-2005, 04:33 PM
I nominate you. I mean, you basically just changed a letter or two instead of making up something quasi-interesting. How weak is that!

-Diplomat

J.A.Sucker
10-07-2005, 04:38 PM
My question is who is going to change their name to:

IslobberalloverDiablo'sknob

Klepton
10-07-2005, 04:40 PM
i would change my name, just to avoid having to say "klepton" at 2+2 get togethers.

SossMan
10-07-2005, 04:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

-tpir

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

but douchecake is so much better

tpir90036
10-07-2005, 04:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i would change my name, just to avoid having to say "klepton" at 2+2 get togethers.

[/ QUOTE ]
This can be solved by:
a) Avoiding 2+2 people at a 2+2 gathering
or
b) Telling them your actual name and saying "it doesn't really matter" when they ask you your 2+2 name.

I have tried both and they both work well.

10-07-2005, 04:48 PM
Yeah, Mr. Pink sounds like Mr. Pussy. Tell you what, let me be Mr. Purple. That sounds good to me, I'm Mr. Purple.

Klepton
10-07-2005, 04:52 PM
but i like hearing people's favorite bike joke

Edge34
10-07-2005, 04:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I want to challenge the user "edge" to a duel to the death about the rights to the official Edge name. Bring it on, sucka!

Edge

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

10-07-2005, 05:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, Mr. Pink sounds like Mr. Pussy. Tell you what, let me be Mr. Purple. That sounds good to me, I'm Mr. Purple.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mr. Pussy is better.

[censored]
10-07-2005, 05:07 PM
I nominate tpir90036 - what a crappy name + just about everyother name with numbers in it.

I'll make a list of a bunch a crappy names and post it later.

The Goober
10-07-2005, 05:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe the question should be "who doesn't hate their username?"

Mine is so terrible that it will probably make me too embarassed to ever attend a 2+2 get together.

MaxPower
10-07-2005, 05:15 PM
I think Luv2DriveTT should change his name.

He should either make it simply Luv or Luv2BangBitches.

Patrick del Poker Grande
10-07-2005, 05:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think Luv2DriveTT should change his name.

He should either make it simply Luv or Luv2BangBitches.

[/ QUOTE ]
Or... IDriveOOT'sFavoriteWomanCar

B Dids
10-07-2005, 05:20 PM
tpir's username rules if you know what it actually means.

HE could change it to "tapir" though.

[censored]
10-07-2005, 05:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Mostly I was just trying to steer the thread in more hostile direction.

B Dids
10-07-2005, 05:23 PM
I can support that.

10-07-2005, 06:03 PM
The Goober

- yes yours is terrible

tdarko -
yours is good, nothing wrong with it, (that goes for sfer too.)

my personal least favorite is BoogerFace.. what the hell??

wacki
10-07-2005, 06:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Mr. Pink is one of my all time favorites. Just about everything he says is gold. That being said this gimmick account is [censored] retarded.

NLSoldier
10-07-2005, 06:28 PM
Since I never play No Limit I would have to change my name to SHLSoldier, but that doesnt have the same ring to it...

bugstud
10-07-2005, 06:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Since I never play No Limit I would have to change my name to SHLSoldier, but that doesnt have the same ring to it...

[/ QUOTE ]

or just soiler because mason said so

B Dids
10-07-2005, 06:37 PM
There's actually a real Mr. Pink (instead of "Mister Pink"). that posts here. I met him in AC. He's got like 1000 posts and I've never noticed.

He should probably chance his name too

James Boston
10-07-2005, 06:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My question is who is going to change their name to:

IslobberalloverDiablo'sknob

[/ QUOTE ]

Gemini, or you can have it if she says no. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Klepton
10-07-2005, 06:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm in favor of changing your name to soiler

i think Luv2DriveTT should just change it to TT.

party36master
10-08-2005, 12:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm at 5/10 now, so my name is dumb

Luv2DriveTT
10-08-2005, 12:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, since I'm getting rid of the TT in 3 weeks /images/graemlins/frown.gif

TT /images/graemlins/club.gif

tpir90036
10-08-2005, 12:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I would /images/graemlins/heart.giflove/images/graemlins/heart.gif to change my name on here to tapir. Nothing would make me more happy... either that or dropping the 90036 part and just becoming "tpir".

jdl22
10-08-2005, 12:36 AM
I've wanted to change mine for awhile. I used jdl22 because when I started grad school a little over 2 years ago my email address started with jdl22 (my initials are jdl, not sure why the 22).

I would have gone with Jared which is my name, but I tried to create that account a couple months ago and apparently it's taken. Searched for posts and couldn't find any.

[censored]
10-08-2005, 12:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm at 5/10 now, so my name is dumb

[/ QUOTE ]

It was dumb then to bro.

Justin A
10-08-2005, 12:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Can a mod change NLSoldier's title to "Soiler" or "Soildier"?

Stuey
10-08-2005, 12:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I would have gone with Jared which is my name, but I tried to create that account a couple months ago and apparently it's taken. Searched for posts and couldn't find any.

[/ QUOTE ]

For some reason I picture a dude making a gimmick account of Jared from subway and figuring out how dumb it would be even before making one post. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Maybe he will read this and give you his password.

In other news does my name suk?

Clearly I suk but is any of it the names fault?!
It's all about the avatar if you ask me.

tpir90036
10-08-2005, 01:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I can appreciate that as well. If I could I would drop the number part. It really does have meaning though. Although most people would think it is dumb I would guess.

Jack of Arcades
10-08-2005, 01:28 AM
my name kicks ass

Stuey
10-08-2005, 01:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
my name kicks ass

[/ QUOTE ]

It's all about the avatar if you ask me. You can recover 2 weeks from now though.

captZEEbo1
10-08-2005, 04:12 AM
I want my name to be captZEEbo, instead of captZEEbo1....there was some weird signup glitch where I'd have to wait 2 days before I could resuse captZEEbo, so I just got impatient and started using captZEEbo1.

shant
10-08-2005, 04:22 AM
I'm cool with mine.

Lawrence Ng
10-08-2005, 02:08 PM
Change mine to HaumSupLo.

Lawrence

TStoneMBD
10-08-2005, 02:11 PM
im definitely in need of a name change since i dont even play at tstone anymore... not to mention my name sucked even to begin with.

stigmata
10-08-2005, 02:37 PM
'nuff said about my name. i need a change.... whatever was i thinking? I only registered the name to ask one question -- never thought it would matter.

Duke
10-08-2005, 02:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I nominate you. I mean, you basically just changed a letter or two instead of making up something quasi-interesting. How weak is that!

-Diplomat

[/ QUOTE ]

Moderately less weak than just using my own name?

To quote that commercial I've seen a couple times now on TV: "Come here, you big paluka!"

~D

Bulldog
10-09-2005, 11:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I can appreciate that as well. If I could I would drop the number part. It really does have meaning though. Although most people would think it is dumb I would guess.

[/ QUOTE ]

I always thought it meant you were a big The Price Is Right fan. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

theben
10-09-2005, 11:19 AM
what about me? me me me me!!!

10-09-2005, 11:35 AM
My first handle was my full name all lower case with no spaces. So I created this, which I sort of ripped off from a movie.

On the subject of not answering the OP, I had a thought one day that I would steal El D's avatar just to see how people would react. But when I was picturing it in my head it just weirded me out to much

lighterjobs
10-09-2005, 12:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm cool with mine.

[/ QUOTE ]

BoogerFace
10-11-2005, 12:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't know you cared. :sniff:

It would have been so more original if I just adopted some actor's name. You can call me 'Tom Hanks'.

lucas9000
10-11-2005, 12:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I nominate tpir90036 - what a crappy name + just about everyother name with numbers in it.

I'll make a list of a bunch a crappy names and post it later.

[/ QUOTE ]

my name is good.

i nominate for suckiness all names i can't say to myself in my head when i read them. example, the guy who is "ooo" but they're all weird symbols or whatever. not judging the poster, just the name.

Diplomat
10-11-2005, 01:00 PM
Naa, I'd say changing one or two letters is vastly more weak.

-Diplomat

10-11-2005, 01:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't know you cared. :sniff:

It would have been so more original if I just adopted some actor's name. You can call me 'Tom Hanks'.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry about that, I didn't mean to be cruel. But if it's all the same to you, can I think of you as Tom Hanks from now on if we ever meet again on the boards if that's ok? (later booger)

diebitter
10-11-2005, 02:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You can call me 'Tom Hanks'.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tom Hanks is cockney-rhyming slang for... oh never mind, you've probably never heard of that word anyway.

CostaRicaBill
10-11-2005, 03:17 PM
Don't really like mine but it's helped me meet a lot of people in Costa Rica.

edtost
10-11-2005, 04:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
example, the guy who is "ooo" but they're all weird symbols or whatever. not judging the poster, just the name.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think his name is actually OOT (o, o with an umlaut, theta), but i could be wrong.