PDA

View Full Version : What haven't you accomplished that you thought you would have by now?

fnord_too
10-07-2005, 03:17 PM
So what things did you think you would have gotten done with your life by this point that you haven't yet? Finishing school, starting a family, writing a novel...

I always thought I would be running my own business by this point in my life, or otherwise totally self employed. I'm sure there are lots of other things, but I'll have to think about it for a while to realize all the big ones. (For reference, I'm a geezer of 36).

Shajen
10-07-2005, 03:25 PM
When the tech boom started, I expected to be a millionaire by now.

By 2001, I had a large chunk (around 17500 shares) of a company that was doing quite well. ($50-65 a share, had recently split) This company wasn't a fly by night, either.

We got bought out by Lucent technologies, they put a freeze on our stock for 6 months as a nasty [censored] ploy to get people to stay working for them.

At the end of the 6 months the stock had lost almost $40 a share.

I got laid off about 3 weeks after that, along with about 60,000 other people.

[censored] Lucent Technologies. I was in my mid 20s at the time. In the long run, I guess it's a good thing, I do some pretty cool stuff now I probably never would have gotten into if I had stayed in the routing/switching world. I also learned that diversification in the stock market is a beautiful thing.

exist
10-07-2005, 03:48 PM
i thought i would have graduated from college by now.

TheCroShow
10-07-2005, 03:55 PM
degree in education, marriage, possibly a kid, a career...

man this is depressing =/ education pays shite, i was advised to get out so i got out. i'm single, and trying to score a decent computer job (we are a nickel a dozen here), think i will quit life now ='(

HopeydaFish
10-07-2005, 03:58 PM
I'm pretty much where I thought I'd be. I thought I'd be married by now, but I'm getting married next April, so that's happening. I thought I'd have a bit more money in the bank by now, but that'll come with time.

peterchi
10-07-2005, 04:03 PM
hm, I dunno.

I'm 24. I didn't think I'd be working full-time by now; I figured I'd be in school forever like a good Asian.

I guess I figured I would've accomplished not being a freaking slob anymore. I can't see any floor in my room, just like in college.

oddjob
10-07-2005, 04:05 PM
i actually thought i'd be dead by now. i'm glad that didn't work out.

Los Feliz Slim
10-07-2005, 04:05 PM
I have not written the great American novel yet, which is a bit of a surprise.

DarkForceRising
10-07-2005, 04:06 PM
I'm 36, too, and I've yet to stick it in a chicks pooper. Had my chances in the old days but had no interest. Now that I am an ancient and willing perv it will never happen.

peterchi
10-07-2005, 04:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm 36, too, and I've yet to stick it in a chicks pooper. Had my chances in the old days but had no interest. Now that I am an ancient and willing perv it will never happen.

[/ QUOTE ]
DUDE I was just thinking about that today. My gf in high school flat out told me she'd let me do it (which is kinda weird because we weren't having regular sex). We never got around to it though.

Current girl probably won't go for it.

I'm not sure if I'm really all that interested though.

TheCroShow
10-07-2005, 04:12 PM
this one girl told me she would let me try it once, we had a big talk and at the end she said "i have a gay friend that might like you." worst prank ever

jb9
10-07-2005, 04:36 PM
I thought I'd have my desk cleared off and all these pieces of paper compressed into a nice, easily ignorable 'to do' list by now.

It's a little disappointing, but I won't let it ruin my vacation...

StevieG
10-07-2005, 04:45 PM
http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/1448/hookermap9wy.jpg

Slow Play Ray
10-07-2005, 04:47 PM
2 chicks at the same time.

offTopic
10-07-2005, 04:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i actually thought i'd be dead by now. i'm glad that didn't work out.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought you got electrocuted at Fort Knox? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

GuyOnTilt
10-07-2005, 04:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]

By 2001, I had a large chunk (around 17500 shares) of a company that was doing quite well. ($50-65 a share, had recently split)

[/ QUOTE ]
It sounds like you were a millionaire.

GoT

dtbog
10-07-2005, 04:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, I was thinking the same thing.

Seriously, though, [censored] Lucent Technologies.

Shajen
10-07-2005, 05:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

By 2001, I had a large chunk (around 17500 shares) of a company that was doing quite well. ($50-65 a share, had recently split)

[/ QUOTE ]

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

On paper only bro, on paper only /images/graemlins/frown.gif

phil_ivey_fan
10-07-2005, 07:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i thought i would have graduated from college by now.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, I've spent almost *almost* a quarter of my life in college.......

Peter666
10-07-2005, 07:04 PM
Have sex without paying for it. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

imported_anacardo
10-07-2005, 09:25 PM
I'm 23; I figured I would have been in love at least once by now. But it's find 'um, F 'um and flee. Er, so to speak. I would characterize my relationships as "short" and "disastrous."

Colonel Kataffy
10-07-2005, 09:29 PM
Just wait till you have one "long" and "disastrous"

PITTM
10-07-2005, 09:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
DUDE I was just thinking about that today. My gf in high school flat out told me she'd let me do it (which is kinda weird because we weren't having regular sex). We never got around to it though.

Current girl probably won't go for it.

I'm not sure if I'm really all that interested though.

[/ QUOTE ]

the girl i just broke up with told me she was down before we broke up, but it didnt happen, i had to settle with SIIH other P. but when we did that it was my first time without rubberage, which imo was approximatly 5x as good as condomed sex. so while i was dissapointed over one goal i suppose i accomplished another. most dissapointing: to this day i have not met a girl who i felt was at least my intellectual equal who i was the least bit attracted to.

rj

sexdrugsmoney
10-07-2005, 09:55 PM
World domination.

ghostface
10-07-2005, 09:56 PM
I coulda sworn i woulda got some 15 yr old preggers by now. I'm perty pissed about that lack of childage.