PDA

View Full Version : Battlefield Poker/Prima Poker Rakeback?

10-07-2005, 03:03 PM
OK first who came up with that horrible name, Battlefield Poker. Anyhow I've never signed up on the Prima network and was thinking about doing this. I dont know anything about the games there but the Battlefield skin seems to be catering to rakeback as you can check it at any time you play on the regular menu interface? Can anyone share comments re: this place? Decent games, cashout problems, bonus promos, customer support, etc.? Thanks

10-07-2005, 03:15 PM
For what it's worth my usual limits are 3-6 , 5-10, and $30/$50 sit and go's (mostly on party). I dabble in NL when bored but for the most part prefer limit. I signed up for most of the other major sites way too long ago before knowing what the heck rakeback was so my options are limited. I have heard I could maybe get on the UB network and reregister without any problems, but I havnen't had a very good experience there and would only go back for rakeback at a last resort.

10-07-2005, 03:31 PM
As you may or may not know, we are an affiliate of BattleFIeld poker so obviously we support it. I actually like the name and the logo alot. But besides that.

Most affiliates will give you 40% there if you just ask them (If i cant say that then delete that part mod)

The players really enjoy it because of the referral system and cashing out your rakeback anytime you want via the poker client (The affiliate doesnt pay you, the poker room does) but the affiliates set your rate.

Also you can still get rakeback on UB you just have to know where to look (Sort of like party poker) Places Like us cannot offer it public anymore

Hope that helps

jusander
10-13-2005, 05:40 PM
Do you get rakeback from Sit&Go's in Battlefield?

10-13-2005, 05:53 PM
Do you think Battlefield can keep these rates? It seems they can't be profitable and will pull the rug.

10-13-2005, 06:09 PM
Table selection is limited. No more than 2-3 tables of 5/10SH running at any given time.

jusander
10-13-2005, 06:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Do you get rakeback from Sit&Go's in Battlefield?

[/ QUOTE ]

10-13-2005, 06:49 PM
Yes

10-13-2005, 06:50 PM
They will and can keep the rates. They arent going anywhere. You have to understand thier buisness model to realize WHY they can offer so much. This is now and forever

MaxPower
10-13-2005, 07:39 PM
How does the affiliate benefit from this if the site pays the rakeback directly?

Right now I am getting 35% directly from Aztec Riches poker and it works like you described. I can redeem it myself. I did sign through pokersourceonline initially to get the free chip set, but I don't have any dealings with them now.

MaxPower
10-13-2005, 08:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How does the affiliate benefit from this if the site pays the rakeback directly?

Right now I am getting 35% directly from Aztec Riches poker and it works like you described. I can redeem it myself. I did sign through pokersourceonline initially to get the free chip set, but I don't have any dealings with them now.

[/ QUOTE ]

I will not sign-up with anyone who PMs me, so don't.

10-13-2005, 10:41 PM
We the affiliate get more than 35% to sign up you the player.. We offer higher % for bigger players /images/graemlins/smile.gif you should switch

StellarWind
10-14-2005, 12:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You have to understand thier buisness model to realize WHY they can offer so much.

[/ QUOTE ]
Maybe you could help with that? There are a lot of questions that have been raised about Battlefield and it disturbs me that no one ever answers some of them:

1. How does their business model works?

2. How it Battlefield's marketing plan viewed by Prima and the more traditional members of Prima's network?

3. Why is Battlefield's name not on the Prima website?

4. How does the even more mysterious Rakeback Poker skin relate to Battlefield? There seems to be a connection. A couple of months ago a live-chat operator on the Rakeback Poker web site was extremely evasive to the point of lying when I questioned her about the network. She would not admit that it was a Prima skin although clearly it is.

10-14-2005, 12:54 AM
1) The buisness model relys HEAVILY on affiliates. They basically have no overhead

2)From the last #'s at prima, by prima, 90% of BattleFields players were NEW players to the network, which is obviously very good

3) For new upcoming sites, you have to prove yourself. Battlefield poker was just granted branding by Prima. They will be listed at primapoker.com i believe within 2 weeks (you can email prima directly to verify)

4)I dont know abou that but, BattleField Is legit.

Sniper
10-14-2005, 01:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
2)From the last #'s at prima, by prima, 90% of BattleFields players were NEW players to the network, which is obviously very good

[/ QUOTE ]

Link to source?

10-14-2005, 11:42 AM
Prima ---> Battlefield ---> Us

I believe they would have no problems if you contacted prima directly and asked them. They will tell you that Battlefield is legit.

The Battlefield affiliate site is designed to be totally automated for affiliates and players, thats why everyone loves it.

Sniper
10-14-2005, 02:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Prima ---> Battlefield ---> Us

[/ QUOTE ]

Thx RR... thought you might have found a non word of mouth source for published prima data /images/graemlins/smile.gif

As to the rest of your response, I just want to state that I personally have never questioned their legitimacy, and understand their operating model all too well /images/graemlins/wink.gif

GFresh
10-14-2005, 07:39 PM
Can you have accounts on multiple prima skins? If so, is there a limit on the skins you can sign up with and do you need to use different deposit methods for each account or anything like that?

10-14-2005, 08:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
1) The buisness model relys HEAVILY on affiliates. They basically have no overhead

3) For new upcoming sites, you have to prove yourself. Battlefield poker was just granted branding by Prima. They will be listed at primapoker.com i believe within 2 weeks (you can email prima directly to verify)

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you mean they have no overhead? If they are paying large sums to affiliates, Prima fees, costs for their network and support they have to be operating on little to no margin. I am assuming they don't have a huge marketing budget since they use affiliates to get the word out, but something just seems to good to be true.
Seems like the other skins will band together against something like this.

10-15-2005, 12:14 AM
Yes you can.. YOu can have accounts at every prima site

10-15-2005, 12:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you mean they have no overhead? If they are paying large sums to affiliates, Prima fees, costs for their network and support they have to be operating on little to no margin. I am assuming they don't have a huge marketing budget since they use affiliates to get the word out, but something just seems to good to be true.
Seems like the other skins will band together against something like this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thier marketing budget is the affilaites. They pay a small % of the rake for customer support so thats taken care of. They pay a % of the rake to prima.

Everything thats left, is pure profit.. All the advertisement is done by the affiliates.

10-15-2005, 01:16 AM
Thanks. Seems like a great model. I wonder who will follow or if the other sites will demand their death!

StellarWind
11-15-2005, 04:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
3) For new upcoming sites, you have to prove yourself. Battlefield poker was just granted branding by Prima. They will be listed at primapoker.com i believe within 2 weeks

[/ QUOTE ]
It's been 30 days and Battlefield is still not listed at primapoker.com.

goodguy_1
11-15-2005, 03:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It's been 30 days and Battlefield is still not listed at primapoker.com

[/ QUOTE ]

I just opened a Battlefield account with a very nice rakeback rate and made a deposit but I have not played yet.

As long as Battlefield is paying accounts that's what matters. Battlefield pays rakeback directly to players. I dont think people have had any problems...Has anyone had problems with Battlefield??

11-15-2005, 03:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
OK first who came up with that horrible name, Battlefield Poker. Anyhow I've never signed up on the Prima network and was thinking about doing this. I dont know anything about the games there but the Battlefield skin seems to be catering to rakeback as you can check it at any time you play on the regular menu interface? Can anyone share comments re: this place? Decent games, cashout problems, bonus promos, customer support, etc.? Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

Poor table selection. The rake is slightly higher than most sites. But cashing out the rakeback is easy and you can do it every day.

The "Rounders Tournaments" on there are a treat when they fill up.

11-15-2005, 03:33 PM
You'd have to ask them or prima directly, but I believe it actually takes time once they got approved for official branding. Press release, new lobby mockup, colors etc. I dont believe its a process that happens over night

Bottom line is, the players love it and it works

11-15-2005, 05:09 PM
I went through RakeReduction and battlefield has worked out OK for me so far. Had one glitch a few days ago when their automated rakeback cashed out my balance, but did not credit my actual account. I was keeping close watch and I write my accoutn balances down at all sites to keep track (still paranoid about online gaming I guess).

To be fair an error message was showing up on my rakeback screen , it said contact customer service and I was surprised to actually have live chat assistance within a few minutes.. They rectified the situation pretty quickly.

That being said, I agree that the game selection isn't the best. It's limited primarily to NL, a 3-6 or 5-10 full table is rarely availble.. but I do like the automated rakeback.

11-16-2005, 09:51 PM
They have .10/.25 limits at BP correct?

partygirluk
11-16-2005, 10:22 PM
Incorrect. They have $.10/$.20 games. At the moment 4 games going, 2*10 handed, 1*9, 1*1 (this is for limit).

For NL they have about 15 6max tables going.