PDA

View Full Version : What should be done in the Dutch Boyd case? Call the FBI !

holdemguy
05-22-2003, 11:05 PM
If you are sincere in having justice being done to all involved this Mr.Boyd should be shackled. He has a lot of nerver coming into the U.S after scamming it's citizens and running an illegal gambling site. I am quite sure the Vegas FBI field unit would have a field day with this clown. By policy all complaints and allegations must be investigated no matter how bogus they may seem. Once the FBI gets word that an international felon is in the U.S they will take appropriate action. Unfortunately for this scumbag he is no longer in the safety non extradiction zone. Who knows maybe he will eb carted away in handcuffs before he even finishes the tournament. I dont know how effective this would be in getting your money back but it sure as hell would teach this joker a lesson.

GrannyMae
05-23-2003, 02:28 AM
I dont know how effective this would be in getting your money back but it sure as hell would teach this joker a lesson.

snowplow has a shot at getting paid if RB cashes top 3. he can't be top three in a holding cell.

in the John B household, teaching him a lesson is low on the totem pole to getting paid i'm sure.

someone drops a dime on Boyd, and nobody sees a dime, and maybe there is trouble for pokerspot players.

no major spelling errors in your post, but the rest of it is garbage.

http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/u/lamer.gif

holdemguy
05-23-2003, 02:52 AM
lol.. grannie i hope someone calls so he gets locked away and no one gets paid lmao

GrannyMae
05-23-2003, 03:53 AM
i'm sure everyone knows he is there. the reason the WSEX owner is in jail is over taking phone bets, NOT for spreading poker. phone bets are illegal via the archaic wire act, and they used that to lock him up.

anyhooo, my point is that there would probably be more interest generated by the IRS than the FBI. there does not seem to be any rush to lock up off shore POKER site operators, but the audit division of the IRS would smell blood with a list of a poker sites clientele. *that's* the big picture. it is not a problem for me, because i declare my winnings.

do you?

i just think that screaming for FBI involvement makes us all targets because of the attention it would draw from all sorts of other agencies.

until online poker is legal and regulated, i'm not admitting to nothing.

http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/h0/sconf.gif

Instinct
05-23-2003, 06:26 AM
If he finishs at the final table, I'd leak the story to the press. Maybe a little pressure on him and his pride to pay some of his poker debts wouldn't be a bad thing.
Either that or put out a PR news release on the news wires ( cost about $1000 ) that way if any reporter looks for news about wsop they will see your story.

Header of release on final day could read:
"Online poker players driving miles to Vegas looking for $$"

And if I see you MS at any short handed game I will be running.
Good luck collecting.

Instinct