PDA

View Full Version : What are double shootouts?

lonn19
10-07-2005, 02:09 PM
What are double shootouts? I've seen that term for the first time on Pokerstars. They are running stallites to the Carribean Adventure and some of them are double shootouts. Just wondering what they are.

JAA
10-07-2005, 02:12 PM
81 players; 9 tables of 9. Each table plays until one person has all the chips on the table. These 9 table winners go onto the final table. The winner of that table wins the prize package. They call it a double shootout because you need to win 2 tables.

Hope that helps - Jags

playersare
10-07-2005, 02:12 PM
double shootouts are two-round SNG's. usually you start with 81 players at 9 tables. then the winners at each of those tables play off at a final table. last one standing wins.

fossilman got to the WSOP in 2004 using this format.

Keith Fellmy
10-07-2005, 03:00 PM
Party shoot outs are better due to the fact that three people advance to the next round. You also get paid according to how you finish in the top three when your round ends. Just make it to third place in the opening round and you get 6.25 or so back. The rest of the tourney is bonus money if you make it to the top 3 the next round.

Also if you make bust out but still make it to third (bust out right as the round ends), you get 800 chips the next round that comes so you are not out. If you have chips when the round ends you still get 800 more when the next round comes. SAWEEEEEET.

When the tables gets down to three play, on that table, stops. First place in chips gets money as does second and third. Now you wait until all tables are done. Sometimes you get 1/2 hour, sometimes you get three minutes. When the next round starts you get 800 more chips added to your total. Play down to the top three again. Play stops. You get paid again. And so on until there is a final table. You can make 60 bucks and not make the final table (for the 5 + 1 tourney). You can make 100 dollars in the 20 + 1 tourney and not make the final table.

On Poker Stars you have to win the table to move on. Which is okay, but I like the Party tourneys better. On Stars to get into the main event of the WSOP a shoot out tourney costs 160 bucks and to get into the main event of the WCOOP is only 38 bucks in the double shoot out format. Nice and cheap, but very hard to win.

Shoe
10-07-2005, 07:22 PM
Does party normally only ahve a few shootouts per day? Sites should start running these nonstop.

mshalen
10-08-2005, 07:23 AM
I think Party runs two or three a day. I have been playing the 11:40 am $5 shootout and they consistantly draw between 700 and 1,000 players. The plus is you can usually make it to the third round without paying too much attention to what is going on. I play while at work and have no problem answering the phone and speaking with clients while playing.